One For The Ladies.....

Yorkshire Lass

..... or gents to be politically correct!

Does anyone know of any good beauticians in Chiang Mai that carry out a good standard of waxing?? The last couple of times I have had it done (in Airport Plaza), it was very painful as the girls were obviously very inexperienced.

Thanks!

Since you opened this up to gents also, I may be of some help. But first so we are not embarassed, can you tell be did you mean wax job, or wacks?

:o

Since you opened this up to gents also, I may be of some help. But first so we are not embarassed, can you tell be did you mean wax job, or wacks?

:D

A wax job.. no wacking involved :o !!!

ok now I got it...... wrong wacs. Was only hoping to cut down on some of your pain..... If this was Indonesia, in each Kampung they have a plucker...... Thats a bit of expense to go there though, but maybe not. Why split hairs.

By the way welcome to the forum, good luck and have many, many posts

PS . Do you know gents who get wax jobs ????? Seems like it would take a bent gent ....

A friend of mine regularly went to the beauty place (can't remember the name - it's called Am...something) on the corner of Moon Muang and Rajwithi (Irish Pub/paradise pizza road). She said it was a bit more expensive, but they always did a professional job.

Cheers,

TT

Nice Nails on Huay Kaew, across from NFP does waxing. Don't know how they are as I don't do that but a lot of farang ladies go there from their nails and they are very professional with nails. I would believe the owner would have the same standard with waxing

Gonzo....

Have you not heard of the 'back sack and crack??' according my beautician pals they are very popular with metrosexual guys!! :o

Thanks TT for the advice - I will check it out. :D

Oh for heavens sakes YL... Why of course I heard of B,S & C [ ?????] Why you must think all us old timers are just out here talking to the squirrels. Why its probably an off-shoot of something we used to do years ago, while riding the Metro -Rail to work.

Early in the AM we would buy a small bag of nuts, and get on the Metro, then we would have snacks, tracks, cracks, relax, then straighten out the old raincoat and off again & to work.

Gonzo....

Have you not heard of the 'back sack and crack??' according my beautician pals they are very popular with metrosexual guys!! :o

Thanks TT for the advice - I will check it out. :D

Oh for heavens sakes YL... Why of course I heard of B,S & C [ ?????] Why you must think all us old timers are just out here talking to the squirrels. Why its probably an off-shoot of something we used to do years ago, while riding the Metro -Rail to work.

Early in the AM we would buy a small bag of nuts, and get on the Metro, then we would have snacks, tracks, cracks, relax, then straighten out the old raincoat and off again & to work.

Now that little old Blinky Bill has shed 17 kgs and down to a trim 100 kgs, I was thinking about getting my bikini line waxed.........might even consider the legs as well. Ah shit, I'll get the lot done.

you may want to consider laser hair removal. it is supposed to be less painful and more permanent. some of the medical/skin care clinics offer this service. i know of one on (probably) the second floor of kad sun kaew shopping center that does it. there are others. cost? not sure. probably more expensive. i mention it only as an option that you may want to consider while here since it is probably cheaper here than where you may be from.

you may want to consider laser hair removal. it is supposed to be less painful and more permanent. some of the medical/skin care clinics offer this service. i know of one on (probably) the second floor of kad sun kaew shopping center that does it. there are others. cost? not sure. probably more expensive. i mention it only as an option that you may want to consider while here since it is probably cheaper here than where you may be from.

Dentists are now using laser for teeth cleaning...... probably more costly at the dentist though, as they have to know which way to tilt the chair.... :o

thinking about it ,....... this should open up a series of helpful replies?????????

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Dentists are now using laser for teeth cleaning...... probably more costly at the dentist though, as they have to know which way to tilt the chair.... :D

thinking about it ,....... this should open up a series of helpful replies?????????

Hi Gonz, I have numerous suggestions but I am sworn to silence so as to stay alive. :o

i second "christine's"...the woman working there used to be one of the trainers at the more expensive place on ratvithi but she decided to set up her own place. very skilled and sweet.

Try "Christine's Beauty and Relax" by MD Guesthouse on Ratvithi Road. It's past the Irish Pub on the left as you're going towards the moat. It's a nice place and not too expensive (and no more painful than you'd expect!).

• 5 months later...

A word of warning to those considering laser hair removal:

If you have light hair, hair that lightens in the sun or dark skin you may have bad results. I was never warned during the consultation that the procedure would not work on my mostly blond hair. When it was finished I was left with burnt blondish stubble which was much more noticeable and looked like something you might expect to see on a lady boy.

It is also a good idea to trim down the area before you come in. It will be ineffective if the hair is too long. I have been told that they should trim it down but the place I went to in airport plaza did not take the time to.

Good luck!

GTF, just thought I would mention that you are one sorry, sick, sad SOB and that I like that in a person.. :D

Waxing?!? OUCH! Are there not quality depilitory liquids or creams available here by now?

Unless of course you are into the pain thing in which case I have all the latest chains, whips and hair-pulling tools.. :o

Kidding!

I had this thought years ago of setting up a 'Bush-Whackers' service on Maui doing custom "bikini trims" in artistic designs using the latest electronic technology but decided that the disclaimer out front indicating that patrons may be eaten would discourage timid customers... :D:D