Spanish Resident of Pattaya found dead in his Central Pattaya apartment

webfact

Spanish Resident of Pattaya found dead in his Central Pattaya apartment

spain-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday Night Police and medics were called to a Central Pattaya apartment following the discovery of a recently deceased Spanish resident.

Officers and medics arrived at the apartment complex, located in Soi 16 off the Central Pattaya Road and made their way to the room known to be occupied by Mr. Manuel Gallardo Garcia aged 53 from Spain.

According to his estranged girlfriend, Khun Chutimar aged 47, she became concerned that Mr. Garcia failed to call her on Monday as planned. The pair had been together for 11 years and have a daughter, but recently split but remained in daily contact. The split is thought to have been caused by allegations Mr. Garcia drank heavily on regular occasions which led to heated arguments between the couple.

She went to Mr. Garcia’s room on Monday and noticed the bathroom door was locked. She looked through a grill and saw the body of Mr. Garcia on the floor and immediately called the Police.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/205230/spanish-resident-of-pattaya-found-dead-in-his-central-pattaya-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-29

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These things always follow a similar path.

1) Alcoholic westerner.

2) Thai ex-gf still hanging around

3) Death

In most cases I am sure 1 is the cause of 3 more than 2, but we'd all be better off with less of all three.

What is the average life expectancy in Pattaya? (Age)

Something to consider before retiring there.

except he hadn't retired if he was only 53 now and he came here 11 years ago?

Some people retire early. I did. Some people dont need to work at all, even if they do it on a small private income and dont mind living fairly frugally. Thailand is still a reasonably good place for that, though anyone who drinks a lot might prefer another country where booze is cheaper.

These things always follow a similar path.

1) Alcoholic westerner.

2) Thai ex-gf still hanging around

3) Death

In most cases I am sure 1 is the cause of 3 more than 2, but we'd all be better off with less of all three.

"These things always follow a similar path."

In many cases the path was well-established before the individual fled his dismal life in Farang Land in the hopes of finding something in Thailand that had eluded him back in Farang Paradise. Assuming everything was hunky-dory prior to coming to Thailand and that health, drinking, relationship problems suddenly arose once the person arrives here is naive and simplistic. Many people bring a lot of baggage with them.

Others arrive in Thailand in good shape in all those areas and continue to do well. Some/Many actually discover life in Thailand is actually all they hoped for and more.

Edited by Suradit69

Maybe he just slipped and hit his head. Tiled bathrooms are a dangerous place.

Yes. Its that simple sometimes. Also sounds like he was fond of the booze. Wet tiles got me and my daughter the other night. Down bang, no injuries, but we were both inches away from a tiled step with a nice point at the end. It can be that simple.

What is the average life expectancy in Pattaya? (Age)

Something to consider before retiring there.

Sadly, life expectancy in Pattaya is directly attributable to these factors, age has little to do with it:

1. Bank balance

2. Alcohol intake

3. Which condo floor you live on

4. Relationship status

I had a brother die that way... I also have another brother that fell in the shower and broke his shoulder... Needless to say, I am very careful when in the loo...

Well...let's see if they can determine why/how he died......

....his 'wife' aside......I think his friends, family and loved ones.....would like to know...and deserve to know...

...and tired of the stereotypes of foreigners portrayed here...

...at the end of the day there may be a substantial amount of assets in play here.....

...so personally....I do not care what 'she' said.......

...he could have been drugged or poisoned....for all we know....

....at least run a blood test or something....

put it down to another suicide ???????

Well he was apparently locked in the bathroom so we can eliminate a few of the standard TV theories.

Too young to die.

In Thailand, door locks can be locked before closing it from the outside.

Nevertheless, sad event, sad for the daughter and his relatives in Spain or Thailand.

R.I.P. Mr. Garcia

Edited by KamalaRider

People die all over the world from various causes and at various ages. Some are self-inflicted from alcohol or drug use.

It baffles me why the death of a falang ( insert nationality here ) in Thailand ( insert name of city here ) is considered newsworthy.

Yes. Its that simple sometimes. Also sounds like he was fond of the booze. Wet tiles got me and my daughter the other night. Down bang, no injuries, but we were both inches away from a tiled step with a nice point at the end. It can be that simple.

Well....were you and your daughter in the shower together???

People can die for many reasons, not only for the girlfriend.

Many medication drive you to be depressed and need speak, everybody know here the people of thailand.....

just health problems

drama with origin family (depresion also?)

....i do not know.....

I end up 'break dancing' at least once a week in the shower room, not drink or drug assisted, just a wet slippy floor and a fraction of a seconds loss of balance, my wife says its so funny to watch and is constantly asking me to teach her the moves !!.

But seriously RIP, Manuel, 53 too young to die.

Slipped hit his head on door handle which locked the door, just joking, why would he lock the bathroom door if alone in apartment unless he wanted to clock out?