Landmark Court of Appeal ruling: Your will can be ignored, say UK judges

What could be more clear and explicit than saying I do not want to leave any money to my daughter. UK law has become a laughing stock.

youve always had to give a valid reason to leave one of your children out of your will in the uk, or risk challange

7 years ago my solicitor suggested, "my daughter xxx receives nothing as she has made no attempt to contact me in the last 5 years"

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I think there was a topic on here a little while ago about " Lost contact with family and friends" sorry I forget the exact content.Anyway refering to that post I think it might worry a few members.I recencty looked into transfering the ownership of my house in the UK to my Thai wife,which I have left to my daughter and my wife,to much detail to go into on here.Anyway I did a bit of Googling and it transpired I can transfer ownership without any cost.For information sake my prime purpose was to avoid paying tax on the rental income.They are going to inherit anyway so why not enhance your income if there is a legal way around it.Would be interested if any other posters have opinions or advice

my advice would be

1 you can't trust your wife (past or present) or children

2 once she has everything, no need to keep you around

3 don't worry about what happens after you are dead

4 better to be seen as a good provider while still alive, than them looking forward to you being dead

Edited by MaeJoMTB