Thai TV Dramas Making a Comeback

geovalin

Ros Puthineat, VOA Khmer

PHNOM PENH—

In 2003, a mob stormed the Thai Embassy, ransacked it, and burned it down. In an ensuing riot, Thai businesses were also looted. That was all due to a rumor that a Thai actress had said the temples of Angkor Wat should belong to Thailand.

As a result, Thai TV dramas were dropped from Cambodian broadcasts. These days, though, those programs are slowly making a comeback. They’re watched from DVDs or the Internet, mostly, but they are also being shown more and more on Cambodia’s TV stations.

“I love watching Thai dramas, because the actors and actresses are very beautiful and perform very well,” said Sreynich, 19. When they were not available on TV, she would rent them from the store and watch them at home, she said. “When I’m on exam break, I can watch Thai serial dramas from 9 pm to 3 am. When I go back to school, I always watch two hours a day.”

read more: http://www.voacambodia.com/content/thai-tv-dramas-making-a-comeback/2880203.html

“I love watching Thai dramas, because the actors and actresses are very beautiful and perform very well"

Seriously I think they more or less overact. And seeing the always same plots taking place among mega rich characters is getting boring. Why are they not making soaps about daily people who are struggling just like the Japanese dramas?

“I love watching Thai dramas, because the actors and actresses are very beautiful and perform very well,” said Sreynich, 19. When they were not available on TV, she would rent them from the store and watch them at home, she said. “When I’m on exam break, I can watch Thai serial dramas from 9 pm to 3 am. When I go back to school, I always watch two hours a day.”

I think I could teach a badger to perform/act better in a few hours ... gigglem.gif

When my wife start to Watch this soap-crapp I usually have to go to Pool - Gym - something else but staying in our home ... Cant take this inane screaming from so called actors - Telemundo is classy next to this mess ... crazy.gif