Why Kuala Lumpur could be on its way to becoming the sex capital of Asia

webfact

Why Kuala Lumpur could be on its way to becoming the sex capital of Asia
By Murray Hunter

MALAYSIA: -- When people think of the sex industry, Thailand and the Philippines will most likely come up in the minds of many. However, one of the ironic things about Malaysia, with its conservative Islamic leaning, is that the flesh trade is thriving, as is the casual sex scene.

Historically, prostitution on the Malay Peninsula had served loggers, tin miners and seamen, over the last 200 years. Prostitution was limited to certain areas in Georgetown, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kauntan, and in KL itself. However, over the last few years, these areas have expanded with the mushrooming of massage parlors all over Malaysia, even in areas where the Islamic party PAS is part of government.

Although prostitution is illegal in Malaysia, it is there for all to see today on the streets of Kuala Lumpur, with little apparent enforcement. However, even with the relatively few police and immigration operations that are going on, huge numbers of prostitutes are being rounded up. Last year, over 6,000 Chinese, Thai, and Vietnamese prostitutes were rounded up in a three month period alone. According to the Havoscope Global Black Market Information website, the size of the Malaysian prostitution industry is calculated at US$963.8 million, or RM3.68 billion.

Full story: http://asiancorrespondent.com/134397/kuala-lumpur-prostitution-malaysia/

-- ASIAN CORRESPONDENT 2015-07-29

Just can not go to a complete Muslim country. Extremism scares me. I've read posts that its a great country, and posts with cute guys, but I just know, they would find a way to kick my butt.

Dont let your fear stop you, it is multicultural and has bars and clubs and girls of the night like any other western city. Rost pork sandwiches everywhere.

Malaysia may be a muslim country but dont fear that you must live like a muslim. Their sharia law does not pertain to non muslims, hell muslims dont worry about it either, my muslim gf is always wanting a whiskey when we are out.

In saying all that and you need not worry yourself just dont be so stupid to walk down a more muslim conservative area with a roll of pork sausages around your neck and a beer in your hand. It is unlikely to cause you any harm but it may stir the locals up enough to ask you to remove such items.

Malay muslims are, in the whole, very nice and understanding. They care not what you do.

Come on over and I will take you for a few beers.

Edit: Traffic sucks big time though.

Edited by Linky

"Sex capital of Asia"? Never going to happen.

Can't see Thailand relinquishing the title of Sex "hub" of SE Asia, can you?

Thailand wants and insists on being the HUB of everything in the Universe and even this little seedy claim would not be let go of lightly, especially as tourist numbers would drop dramatically lower , inspite of what the Gov't wants us to believe to the contrary.

Edited by daiwill60

Just can not go to a complete Muslim country. Extremism scares me. I've read posts that its a great country, and posts with cute guys, but I just know, they would find a way to kick my butt.

don't worry, KL is so diverse now. You can go to most parts in town without any problem, especially down china town way there's lots of nice guys walking around.

Wonderful, I like the idea of getting the harsh spotlight off of Thailand. All the adventurous souls can go to a muslim country, I am not about to take the chance. Strips of flesh being ripped from you backside by a Christian hating Islamist guy wielding a solid wooden rod doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Edited by IAMHERE

Dont let your fear stop you, it is multicultural and has bars and clubs and girls of the night like any other western city. Rost pork sandwiches everywhere.

Malaysia may be a muslim country but dont fear that you must live like a muslim. Their sharia law does not pertain to non muslims, hell muslims dont worry about it either, my muslim gf is always wanting a whiskey when we are out.

In saying all that and you need not worry yourself just dont be so stupid to walk down a more muslim conservative area with a roll of pork sausages around your neck and a beer in your hand. It is unlikely to cause you any harm but it may stir the locals up enough to ask you to remove such items.

Malay muslims are, in the whole, very nice and understanding. They care not what you do.

Come on over and I will take you for a few beers.

Edit: Traffic sucks big time though.

Sharia law is only in two northeastern staes and in name only. Adverse judgements are overturned by the central government.

If you are not allowed to play with the girls then there are the boys and imports, same all over. (cute pic)

Quit watching the brain washing western media portraying Muslims as jihadist bombers. 99.99 percent are good people. I have worked with many and they have been professional, loyal, friendly and capable people.

What a ridiculous title for an article. Anyone who like to go who..ing and has been around knows damn well Malaysia is a crappy place to get laid. Combine muslim conservatism with expensive beer and that will never change.

I have after living thru failed relationships...based on love and security...and giving away much of my hard earned possessions...come to believe that the sex trade industry fills a void in a man's sex life...does not require commitment or division of property...can be quite enjoyable...and is readily available in the SE Asia theatre...

No, these are not quality relationships based on mutual love and trust...but then many if not most marriages are not either...IMHO

If you would like to test my theory...just say NO...to the many requests for money and material possessions you receive from your female partner...and see what happens...

If you can not live without her...do not test my theory...whistling.gif

Well, if you did not know where to go in Malaysia you do now. Nothing like an article telling you where it is all available. I spent a bit of time in Malaysia and particularly KL back in the late 70's early 80's and loved it. There was plenty of sex available and not all for money which was a plus. More recent visits to KL and I have found it is a pretty clean cosmopolitan city and in my estimation bridges the gap between more sophisticated Western cities and filthy, overcrowded places like Bangkok. There is still a certain appeal to Bangkok but I find it only appealing in short doses.

Edited by Trouble

Can't compare the night-life with Thailand and it is also way more expensive.

Good news is that there is now a direct flight to Pattaya from KL (U-Tapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport).

Will test it this weekend!

It will be interesting if you can say how the flight went.

I shall be moving to KL soon, and have friends who live in Pattaya :)

Thanks.

Having lived in Malaysia for a few years and not once threatened of harm due to being a Christian, & nor am I one. I'm just a Lilly white westerner.

There are predominantly 3 races/cultures that make up Malaysia as such 3 main religions being, Malays, Chinese, Indians.

Malay Malays are the only ones that are Muslim and more likely to dob on each other sending in the religious police. The other cultures are exempt of Muslim followings. It's an even balance in Malaysia that accept others faith.

No one group of foreigner is anymore a target group than another and the same the world over.

Like the world over prostitution is everywhere but Malaysia will never be the sex hub of Asia - an absurd notion.

Whilst I lived there you couldn't even buy a vibrator.