Mitsubishi refrigerator

Upcountry

For our needs, and based on not seeing many negative comments about this brand, we decided to get a Mitsubishi fridge.

The model you can look up below it their largest model.

Fridge - 710L L4 Grande French Door
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/mr-l710eg-l4-grande-french-door-refrigerator.html
(actually MR-710L or LG)
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/mitsubishi-mr-l710e-l4-grande.html

Well, word to the wise: That is the international model (made in Thailand), but the one for sale here is sneakily named the MR-L70EH. It is the same width and height, but the depth is 802 vs 820 (2 and zero reversed). The size is about 10% smaller inside. As I write this, there is a promotion going on, but I wonder if it is a good idea to buy a shallower version of the original design. One wonders if the smaller version will work as well. It is also annoying that they are sneaky about the model number, etc. Most people would not realize this unless they compared the specs with what can be seen in the Internet.

I guess that getting good a larger fridge in Thailand is still a challenge. Any suggestions for an alternative would be appreciated.

Edited by Upcountry

Perhaps the outer dimension is the same but added insulation due to the much hotter weather in Thailand? I know for a fact that other manufactures have different models for different regions and Thailand will get the model for a very hot ambient working temperature.

I currently run Panasonic, Hitachi and Samsung models in the 20cf foot 2 door size and all work well - but Samsung has required repairs several times. Never liked French Door style storage as never seemed to be able to find area large enough for some items.

I agree with Lopburi3. After the first "French door" reefer we had in the U.S., I realized they were not very efficient. I really like the Mitsubishi reefer we've bought here.and

post-68373-0-24130900-1438192303_thumb.j

I can get items out of the freezer or produce drawer without disturbing items in the reefer compartment. It's been a very reliable reefer.

Plus, I like the fact that it's not a Samsung. When Hubby bought his huge flatscreen Samsung Smart TV and fired it up, it seemed to "take over" every Samsung appliance in the condo, including the vacuum cleaner and my netbook. It took Hubby two days to get the new TV to release all the appliances from its zombie grasp. I'm really glad the reefer (and microwave or rice cooker) were not Samsung appliances.

Edited by NancyL