British man who fled to Thailand with stolen cash behind bars in the UK

British man who fled to Thailand with stolen cash behind bars in the UK

Christopher-Pancoust.jpg

NORTHAMPTON: -- For six years Christopher Pancoust, 48, from Northampton evaded prosecution on conspiracy charges in the UK by fleeing to Thailand after working with two employees of the Kingsthorpe branch of Lloyds TSB.

The trio worked together in a scheme to alter withdrawal limits and make illegal transfers to siphon off the life savings of a pensioner while he was on vacation in the USA. Pancoust received stolen money into his bank account that was then divided up between himself and the two bank employees.

Once in Thailand Pancoust withdrew fourteen thousand pounds from his bank account, a further two thousand pounds of stolen money was also traced to his account.

However during his time in the Kingdom he told the Northampton Crown Court that he had found a different religious outlook on life that enabled him to return to the UK to face his conspiracy charges and jail time.

Pancoust, who said he had started to feel guilty about stealing the money returned to the UK and told officers at Heathrow airport that there was a warrant out for his arres. However no such warrant existed. After making contact several times with the police he was eventually arrested.

The court heard that Pancoust had no available assets to repay the money, he was sentenced to two years in jail for conspiracy to steal ninety six thousand pounds, he is likely to serve half his sentence before being released on licence.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-07-29

british passport = british in everyones legal eyes be he romanian or not.

. The Laws an Ass then

So then Prince Philip isn't British, just a British passport holder?? (Do royals even bother with passports?)

Title: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

Full Name: Philip Mountbatten

Father: Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark

Mother: Princess Alice of Battenberg

Born: June 10, 1921 at Villa Mon Repos, Corfu, Greece

http://www.britroyals.com/family.asp?id=philip

Chris is about as british as they come ! I know him well, and hope he manages to get his act together. Used to do my laundry, and once I left a sizeable wad of money in a pair of jeans and he called me up and returned the cash. He cannot be all bad, and many of us are capable of doing dishonest things when our backs are against the wall. Good luck to the man for admitting his crime and facing the consequences.

Chris is about as british as they come ! I know him well, and hope he manages to get his act together. Used to do my laundry, and once I left a sizeable wad of money in a pair of jeans and he called me up and returned the cash. He cannot be all bad, and many of us are capable of doing dishonest things when our backs are against the wall. Good luck to the man for admitting his crime and facing the consequences.

yer right!!!!!!!!!! and good luck for the pensioner who's money he stole, u might be singing a different tune if it was your mother or father.

. The Laws an Ass then

So then Prince Philip isn't British, just a British passport holder?? (Do royals even bother with passports?)

Absolutely Correct, hes Greek. Residing in England.Just like any immigrant.

. The Laws an Ass then

http://www.britroyals.com/family.asp?id=Philip

Possibly the reason he's known to many people as "Phil the Greek"?

Edited by hugh2121

I suppose that could be said about much of the royal family given their roots.

Anyway they made an immigrant the Lord High Admiral of the Navy. Something to which other immigrants can aspire (and which would probably spark some new opera by Gilbert & Sullivan if they were still around)

Queen makes Duke of Edinburgh head of the Navy as 90th birthday gift The Queen sprang a 90th birthday surprise on the Duke of Edinburgh yesterday by making him Lord High Admiral, the titular head of the Royal Navy.

Anyway they made an immigrant the Lord High Admiral of the Navy. Something to which other immigrants can aspire (and which would probably spark some new opera by Gilbert & Sullivan if they were still around)

Queen makes Duke of Edinburgh head of the Navy as 90th birthday gift The Queen sprang a 90th birthday surprise on the Duke of Edinburgh yesterday by making him Lord High Admiral, the titular head of the Royal Navy.

Good grief, drop it will you. His point is that Britain is full of all the dross from the rest of the EU and we are fed up with it back home.

I bet everyone rushes to be the furthest away from you in the pub.

This guy stole a pensioner's money and ran away to spend it. Low life whatever anyone says.

Good grief, drop it will you. His point is that Britain is full of all the dross from the rest of the EU and we are fed up with it back home.

I bet everyone rushes to be the furthest away from you in the pub.

This guy stole a pensioner's money and ran away to spend it. Low life whatever anyone says.

Most of your are Romans anyway...who cares.

Just petty Euro sniping.

yer right!!!!!!!!!! and good luck for the pensioner who's money he stole, u might be singing a different tune if it was your mother or father.

I accept your point, totally, not a very nice thing to do, but the pensioner,s money would surely be insured and returned as soon as it had been determined stolen. Bad but not ALL bad, since he returned my money. I have generally found that a liar causes much more damage than a thief :)

He is European garbage. He is not English or British as he was born in Romania so he is and will always be Romanian.

Where did this Romanian thing come from ? He is as English and British as anyone I have ever met, and I see nothing in the original posting that suggests otherwise. Still no excuse for what he did, but let,s stick with reality !

Most of your are Romans anyway...who cares.

Or Normans. Or Anglo-Saxons.

It makes me laugh when a mongrel race like the British start complaining about immigrants - doubly so when those doing the complaining are happy to reside in someone else's country without a trace of irony.