Do you now need a witness to get a Non O visa?

I am going to apply for my yearly Non O visa (marriage)

But i am told to bring all documents, which is not a problem.

I am told to bring a copy of the KhorRor.3 which ill get in the Ampur.

But i was also told that i need to bring a witness with me. Someone that can confirm that i am married and am living with my wife and my family.

This is not a problem to get manny people to confirm this with my friends, neighbor, landlord etc.

But the immigration insisted that i needed to bring a government person with me and no one else.

And this person from the government must still be working so no people that has been working with the government before and has a pension can come with us.

Well i thought that when I go to the Ampur and get the KhorRor.3 that this is somehow a confirmation from the government?

So now i need to find a person to take time of work to come with us…..

Has anyone else heard of this??

Also, it is not unknown for Immigration to do some preliminary investigation, such as visiting the domicile or contacting neighbors before approving the extension. Some Immigration Offices will require you to bring witnesses that can verify you and spouse are living together (Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration does not require witnesses).

Thats it but doesn't say official witnesses

You are not applying for a visa unless you are going outside the country, you are applying for an extension of stay based on being married to a Thai.form TM7

Khor ror 3 is your coloured marriage certificate, some offices require an updated Khor ror 2. ( the form you both signed at the time of the marriage) from Ampur.

• Like 2

When they say government official as a witness they mean the village head (pu yai ban) or one of their assistants.

You will need an updated Kor Ror 2 from an Amphoe. They will print it out sign and stamp it for a fee of 20 baht. Your wife can get it by just showing her ID card.

You will need the original and copies (2) of your marriage certificate which is a Kor Ror 3.

• Like 2

Also, it is not unknown for Immigration to do some preliminary investigation, such as visiting the domicile or contacting neighbors before approving the extension. Some Immigration Offices will require you to bring witnesses that can verify you and spouse are living together (Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration does not require witnesses).

Pattaya does require a witness

Pattaya does require a witness

Yes that is true at Chonburi emigration, i got rejected first time for not having a witness, who must come from the same locality and have a housebook we took my wife's aunt along second time no problem.