Retirement 3 months report

Hi all,

I got my first retirement almost 3 months ago and I need to go August 03 (passport stamp) for my very ever first 3 months report.

30-31 are Buddha holidays (assume Immigration is closed) and then weekend, so Monday August 03 is actually my first day I could go. Same day my report is due.

Is there any time frame (overstay, delay) to the 3 monthly report?

What would happen if I would go on August 04 or later?

Does retirement still have overstay fees or is it more lenient?

Pattaya, Jomtien Soi 5 Immigration Office

Thanks, Ron

Little hard to understand what you got three months ago. Was it possibly your NON-O-RETIREMENT conversion? If so, you now need to do your one year extension. You didn't need to wait until the last day, but it's a little late for that. My concern would be that you would lose the ability to do the extension without a trip out of the country, a news visa and a new conversion. I certainly would not want to find out the answer to that the hard way if I could avoid it.

If it is just a ninety day address report, there is a penalty for being late but I don't know what it is--yet.

Edited by nkped

I got my very first NON-O-Retirment almost 3 months ago (May 07), so in total I was told 15 months due to first time.

I was told to report before August 03 to Immigration for the 3 monthly thing, which should be free.

Nobody every told me I should leave the country and do a visa run crap again. I am actually happy I am 50 now (happy being older) and can do the retirement visa, so I would not have to leave the country/visa-runs/ED-visa anymore and now you are saying I still have to go on a visa run?

I got my very first NON-O-Retirment almost 3 months ago (May 07), so in total I was told 15 months due to first time.

I was told to report before August 03 to Immigration for the 3 monthly thing, which should be free.

Nobody every told me I should leave the country and do a visa run crap again. I am actually happy I am 50 now (happy being older) and can do the retirement visa, so I would not have to leave the country/visa-runs/ED-visa anymore and now you are saying I still have to go on a visa run?

No, you do not have to do a border run, he was confused by your post. If you do leave, be sure to obtain a re-entry permit.

The fine for being late is normally 2,000 Baht. The latest change I've seen is reporting 14 days before, and up to 7 days after. You could use the search function, considering this is a question that has been asked a thousand times before.

Here are the stamps I got just about less then 3 months ago.

I hope this clears it up for the 50+ people who have been doing retirement visa for many years.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME, yes virgin cheesy.gif in Thailand, well for retirement visa anyway

post-102669-0-32572500-1438216666_thumb.

post-102669-0-87343100-1438216674_thumb.

• Like 1

Looking at your stamps it appears you used an agent to get your your non immigrant visa entry and extension of stay based upon retirement.

Are you living in Bangkok?. If not you will need to submit a TM28 change of address form to your local immigration office before doing your 90 day report there. They will probably want proof of residence and possibly a TM30 form from the home owner if renting.

My home address is in Pattaya, my home for many years. I will take my rental contract with me when going to immigration Jomtien, just in case.

I just asked about time frame originally due to 30-31 are Buddha days, but now here it seems my easy retirement visa is going to be a problem ???

Maybe I should just go back to tourist visa and visa runs or even ED-visa again, at least I understood that part.

Edited by ronthai

Okay, that's the conversion and the one year extension. The conversion, without the extension, would have run out on 3 August. It's a matter of 90 day reporting.

What I don't know is when is the first 90 day report due? Is it 90 days from 7 May, the date the extension was approved? It looks like you are timely next week.

I cleverly got a reentry permit and left the country before it became a live issue of me.

Edited by nkped

You asked about doing your 90 day report what I have posted is all related to that. Just giving you a heads up after looking at your stamps.

Your extension will not be a problem. The problem is that it was issued in Bangkok and you are living in Pattaya. Without showing proof you live there you will not be able to do your 90 day report there.

I don't think you will have a problem at Jomtien. But other offices they have refused to accept the reports with an extension done like yours. There has been a report of a person making border runs for a new entry because the local office refuses to accept the reports even after they formally reported their address.

@nkped,

What do you mean? I need to go again on a visa run?

No. The conversion, by itself, allowed you to stay until 3 August 2015. You have the extension which allows you to stay until 3 August 2016. It's a matter of 90 day reporting, which you do need to attend to.

Sorry for introducing confusion.

OK guys,

Just to clear up, I should just go Monday (or within a week, 7 days, after) to my Immigration office in Jomtien Pattaya.

Take my passport and rental contract and all will be OK.

The problem with open forums is, so many non-relevant responses

Edited by ronthai

It is 7 days after your report date including that day in the count. The last day you will be able to do your report is the 7th since the 7th day will be on a weekend.

Your rental contract may be enough. But they could ask for copies of your landlords house book and ID card be attached to it.

Can he just do the reporting online. Or am i getting confused about this reporting online.

He could use the online reporting but the application would probably not be approved because it will be his first report and the local immigration office will have no record of any previous reports.

Can he just do the reporting online. Or am i getting confused about this reporting online.

He could use the online reporting but the application would probably not be approved because it will be his first report and the local immigration office will have no record of any previous reports.

I was told that, so I never bothered with the online report.

I will give it a try for the next 90 days report (end October, beginning November)