Hangovers

winle

The only thing I found in 45 years of hard drinking is, DON'T SOBER UP. If you keep on drinking,you will not notice it.

If by chance you go to sleep,you will wake up feeling terrible,so as fast as you can, Get some hot coffee,put in 2 spoons of sugar and 3 shots of good brandy, do this 3 times and you should be ready to go back out and do it again.

and if you can't find good brandy,any booze with over 80 proof[40%] alcohol will have to do. :o

The only thing I found in 45 years of hard drinking is, DON'T SOBER UP.

My point but a dangerous one,... :o

I mean, one or two drinks, not more or the hangover will be back the next day and the next and the next,...

But anyway, it works. :D

A couple of aspirin and a pint of water before bed always seemed to work wonders for me. Eating while drinking always helped. In extreme cases yes that "hair of the dog" seemed to help sometimes.

Here in San Diego people swear by a couple of Bloody Marys and a nice breakfast.

I used to be able to keep up with the best of them. At 52 for the past year or so anything over 2 drinks and I feel crummy the next day. :o:D:D

I vigorously concur with the 2x500mg ASPIRIN tablet (don't want no paracetamol with alcohol or your liver will feel the effect - look at the contraindications on the packet) and as much water as you can drink before sleep. Hangovers are basically about dehydration.

However these considerations blur when you can't find the effort to even pick the hair out your teeth...

Sure a bunch of lightweights on here anymore.

If you don't want to get drunk,why you even bother to drink? sounds kinda silly to me.

"O" so you just drink it because you like the taste! well I used to say thaat too.

#1=Either you take a drink of that new batch or I am gonna shoot you.

#2=WOW,that stuffs not to bad[shivering and making a face]

#1=Now you hold the gun on me and I'll take a drink.

:o

Kev...I didn't want to drink...but when I was young someone played an old recording of Big Joe William's 'Sloppy Drunk Blues' and it was down hill from there.

"I'd rather be sloppy drunk baybeee, than anyway that I know..."

(oo-whee baybe baybe...bring me one more half a pint...)

Kevin,

At 45 I was still drinking like a fish having started serious drinking as a freshmen in high school.

Even up until year before last, from Thanksgiving to the beginning of January is real fuzzy.

I live in a nice cul de sac here and the neighboors just wander around and tap the kegs and bars in each others garages. No driving it's was great. I gave it the name "garage crawling."

I joke about the fact that I think I "broke something."

I was a good functioning alchoholic for years. I also joke about how "this sober life sucks" but I just can't handle the booze anymore.

I guess I certainly had my share and it's for the best but I think I "broke something." :o

Bluecat: come on now :o why do u think i started smoking in the first place hehehe.

I don't know if Thailand has these, but there are pills, Chasers, that u take before your 1st drink, and its suppose to prevent the hangover in the morning. It does work too...

I was a good functioning alchoholic for years. I also joke about how "this sober life sucks" but I just can't handle the booze anymore.

Not the subject but what made you stop? What do you mean by you could not handle booze anymore?

but there are pills, Chasers, that u take before your 1st drink, and its suppose to prevent the hangover in the morning.

Does it work? Or is the drink the next morning more "efficient"?

If I had the choice, a pill would do for me. Did you try?

bluecat...when I was young I used to get sloppy drunk, pass out and all that but now that I am middle aged I can drink more but feel it less. This I'm sure is a bad sign.

So then Joselito...depending on how old you are I presume that what you broke was your liver function...the doc says either give it up or you are dead within a couple of years.

Happens to a lot of us.

Believe me, I tried everything known in the civilized and uncivilized worlds to cure hangovers. Laying in bed moaning with a head the size of North America, guts churning while I wondered where I had been or what I had done the night before was not a lot of fun. Finally I found a solution. I have not had a hangover for over 20 years.

I stopped drinking the stuff :o

Lofu2

bluecat...I don't often have hangovers as I follow the general rule regarding ASPIRIN and loads of water before bed. And I don't often drink in excess of what I can handle...there ain't much to do in small places upcountry...

now when certain posters on the thaivisa forum get out of line I have to wake up one of the nieces and send her down to 7-11 in order to get refueled in the middle of the night...and that pisses me off...start thinking about automatic weapons and torture...but that doesn't happen often...usually in bed by 9pm...