Some of the The clichés and false arguments you see on ThaiVisa...

I must say I'm hugely pleased with this post; many of the subsequent replies have confirmed exactly what I observed. (BTW - it took 15 minutes to concoct)

Ir has illustrated the preponderance of really shallow thought, which unfortunately extends to some major problems facing Thailand or even the world today.

Magnacarta summed it up perfectly in his first comment......

"You have proved your point by the first 3 replies"

Absolutely true!

the rest (mostly) was just icing on the cake.

Well......give yourself a pat on the back.

Oh......I see you already have.

Creating nouns out of adjectives/shortening words or phrases in order to give them a derogatory subtext.....“Thais” (rather than “Thai people”)

Can you provide other examples of common abbreviations used by ThaiVisa members to refer to people of a certain country.

I thought Thai People and Thais referred to the same people. e.g. Thai Citizens.

Reading this article, it says (at the beginning) "Thai People" is a more loose term and refers to more than the ethnic thais.

But then later the same article (in the section Culture and Society) says "The Thais can be broken down into various regional groups with their own regional varieties of Thai."

Is the above referring to "Thais" originating from Tai People (notice different spelling without letter h), or "Thais" as in Thai People. I am pretty sure its the latter.

When I refer to Thai people as Thais, I am referring to Nationality, not ethnicity. People of Thailand sounds like something an emperor would have used to address his people. If however it eliminates the possibility that we are referring to a Thai ethnicity, I for one will gladly use it from now.

Edited by meltingpot2015

Actually you get very few Spelling/Grammar Nazis on here, and I think that is a shame when you see the abysmal standards of literacy that are frequently displayed.

Incidentally you have failed to respond to the poster who queried the accuracy of your TVF nic.

Actually you get very few Spelling/Grammar Nazis on here, and I think that is a shame when you see the abysmal standards of literacy that are frequently displayed.

Incidentally you have failed to respond to the poster who queried the accuracy of your TVF nic.

Failed?

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2015 at 0:28 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

OP you forgot to include those who misquote sayings, such as 'cum grano salum" which should (I hazard a guess) correctly be "cum grano salis" i.e. "with a grain of salt" or "with a bit of common sense and skepticism".

It's a NAME!

• 3 weeks later...

EpicFart how did you pick up a 16 month old thread just to add a sad one (short) line post??

While I am on can the OP please explain the cliche comment (post 37). Sorry but I do not see it.

Edited by rott

On 7/30/2015 at 3:14 PM, KarenBravo said:

(Sung in a sing-song voice) "Never invest in Thailand more than you can afford to lose"

That's my favorite one. I also say the same in the stock market, horse racing and when I am in Vegas. Just take out "Thailand"