Use the searchbox - Use some efforts yourself - at least try!

I am regurlarly reading this forum (VISAS) and it shows exactly the very same thing as out here in reality. It show 1 miljon questions, easy ones, time upn time upon time,, repeating itself for ever.

<removed>

Glegolo

Edited by ubonjoe
removed inflammatory comments (reported as a flame)
  • Like 2

Just using the search box alone will give a result that includes the the entire forum.

It is best to use the advanced search option that you can go to by clicking the icon that looks like a gear wheel to the right of the search box. It will take you to this page: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

You can narrow it down to one forum and select other search options.

I normally do a search of topic titles to start with.

• Like 2

The search function is next to useless. It returns hundreds of results, the vast majority of which have nothing to do with the query. Attempting to refine the search would probably take far more time than posting a question, and still give no guarantee of a useful result.

• Like 2

The search function is next to useless. It returns hundreds of results, the vast majority of which have nothing to do with the query. Attempting to refine the search would probably take far more time than posting a question, and still give no guarantee of a useful result.

And what's really the big deal here anyway? Strikes me that, in the majority of cases, there is little practical difference between an umpteenth answer to a question being given and an umpteenth lecture on the need to use the Search facility being delivered! Definitely better to be safe than sorry, I think!!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

Is it allowed to recommend Google site search whistling.gif

That is the search that is at the bottom of this page.

Have constantly ignored overlooked this and did it manually tongue.png

The tip in post #2 with the "gear wheel" is the clue!

Edited by KhunBENQ

Did you look at the advanced search by using the option beside the forum search at the top right side of the page that a posted a link to.

You can search by a date range there also.

If you search by selecting only one forum it reduces the results significantly By topic title even more so..

And what's really the big deal here anyway? Strikes me that, in the majority of cases, there is little practical difference between an umpteenth answer to a question being given and an umpteenth lecture on the need to use the Search facility being delivered! Definitely better to be safe than sorry, I think!!

The deal is that it seems that a huge number of people in this world, is so lazy and instead at least try for 5 minutes to find out something, they just jump on friends and friends friends, and this forum, to make the easy way out, letting others learn, and use them instead of their own efforts.... THAT was the point behind this thread!!!

90% users and 10% enablers...

Glegolo

I hate troubling mods on TV. I use TV search and also Google for any way to not start new topic. I have a question about re entry permit. Wanted to know if I need new one for every annual extension. Did not wish to clog forum so I tried TV search. Typed in "re entry permit" .. No results. Then ...re-entry permit....nothing

Then ....reentry permit (yes I know no such word), had 214 hits. Gave up after flicking through first many.

Also I won't post my question as I have already asked so many about non imm o path to extensions based on retirement.

Edited by jacksam