Where can I register my sim card in Patts?

Asiacat

Registered both my sims, one at DTac office and one at True Move office. Both times my Thai Drivers license was used, (your address is not on Thai Licenses anymore) and no formal address was required.

You must have a special Thai driver license, because on the ones I know the address is written on the back.

It is. Got a new motorcycle license a month ago.

Address on the back as usual.

You need sharp eyesight or a magnifying glass to read it.

Just read a very clear and plausible report on another forum.

A poster with an unregistered phone (A) and a registered phone ( B ).

Trying to send SMS from A to B: "Error Sending" and an SMS that his validity has expired.

? -> He checked balance (*121#) and it shows xx Baht valid until two more days.

Then tried calling from A to B: voice announcement "This number is currently unavailable. Please review your account".

Vice versa B to A: all OK.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Registered both my sims, one at DTac office and one at True Move office. Both times my Thai Drivers license was used, (your address is not on Thai Licenses anymore) and no formal address was required.

You must have a special Thai driver license, because on the ones I know the address is written on the back.

It is. Got a new motorcycle license a month ago.

Address on the back as usual.

You need sharp eyesight or a magnifying glass to read it.

After reading this I pulled the license out and checked it, you are all right it is on the back and it is in small writing. I needed my glasses to read it and it is in Thai script.

This completely slipped my mind. I have Happy prepaid, and dialled the 151 number this morning to confirm that the sim isn't registered. However, I've just successfully made a phone call so it looks as if they haven't got round to barring everybody yet.

This completely slipped my mind. I have Happy prepaid, and dialled the 151 number this morning to confirm that the sim isn't registered. However, I've just successfully made a phone call so it looks as if they haven't got round to barring everybody yet.

Seems they have extended the registration period by a month.

This was in the news yesterday:

NBTC to extend registration of prepaid SIM cards till August 31.

Seems they have extended the registration period by a month.

This was in the news yesterday:

NBTC to extend registration of prepaid SIM cards till August 31.

Ah, ok. Later yesterday I dropped in on our local DTAC booth where the assistant registered me in a matter of seconds. I wasn't watching closely, but in the time she took to do it she could have input no more than the numbers of my phone and my driving licence. The d/l number would of course be sufficient for the authorities to trace my name and address.