Vocabulary chart teaches children that dark skin is 'ugly'

webfact

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it, the dude with the earrings and tats and scar on his face is ugly. Having very dark skin is not generally a trait of beauty and neither is being fat or having scars. Not healthy to point this out to a child with these traits but it is reality. While we in the west have problems with recognizing what is obvious, other countries such as Thailand accept these things.

Having dark skin is generally not a trait of beauty.

That's why white skinned people flock to beaches to get darker skin?

Thailand John talking sh1t, who would have guessed that!

No he is not. This is to teach kids the meaning of the word. Most Thais find dark skin ugly,and would like to maintain a light skin. So its doing the job

You are all just making a mountain out of a mole hill

Simondan

I get it lol lol you don't even read my comment I told you guy picture in the poster resemble Africa guy and that is racist

But I don't think person who make this poster mean that

And I get it that you will never get me. So I leave

I think smart people will not argue with your guy anyways. When we know most of your guy here marry with dark skin isan girl and they already feed you about how Thai people abuse them cuz they are tan. And yeah! Your guy are their savior!

But I happend to have lot of free time. Now I have my fun and enough of this case.

Well I show my opinion and most of people Don't like it which I also accept the truth

Have fun whining here lol

We are all just Keyboard warrior!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Puggaddong

they simply should have used the same colour skin with the extras, big earings, facial tattoos, scars etc but then again, tit. Also notice that the beauty is white/western appearance and not thai

Clearly it's not the foreign teachers that need workshops on how to improve the quality of education.

Every Thai TV soap opera and whitening cream advert does that...

so sad,

and unfortunately its not just in thailand.

see the "white doll, black doll" videos on Youtube (Racial Social experiments on Western School kids).

also: the Blue eyes, brown eyes social engineering experiment.

https://youtu.be/KpRQ0-ZGNZk

all really good examples of how this racism is EVERYWHERE.. (even back in our home countries).

the blue eyes, brown eyes experiment is EXCELLENT (link above). it really opens your eyes and shows some EASY WAYS to help solve this problem.

so sad,

see the "white doll, black doll" videos on Youtube (Racial Social experiments on Western School kids).

all really good examples of how this racism is EVERYWHERE.. (even back in our home countries).

Everywhere - including the public school system? Because that's what this thread is about.

farang teaching others about racism when ironically they are the most racist to black people. Even today yup.

There are different degrees of racism in farang land depending on where you come from, in America it is more open, in Europe it is more discreet which makes it easier for the PC brigade to deny their latent racism and to vie with each other as to who is the cleanest of the clean or, God forbid, the whitest of the white. The damage done is probably more with discreet racism,with so many well meaning empty phrases it is difficult to know who the enemy is. The Thais seem to like it out in the open, makes a change.

Simondan

I get it lol lol you don't even read my comment I told you guy picture in the poster resemble Africa guy and that is racist

I think smart people will not argue with your guy anyways. When we know most of your guy here marry with dark skin isan girl and they already feed you about how Thai people abuse them cuz they are tan. And yeah! Your guy are their savior!

But I happend to have lot of free time. Now I have my fun and enough of this case.

Well I show my opinion and most of people Don't like it which I also accept the truth

No problem. But I think you must know by now, falangs have to whinge or we dont feel like we did justice to the day. And its better to whinge about Thais than about ourselves! Although whinging about Poms, Yanks and Kiwis does help to while away a few hours as well. Edited by simondan

> The height of idiocy is to say what's wrong with bigotry.

That's what I'm saying! Those who say they're 'intolerant' of 'bigots' are in fact 'intolerant' and 'bigoted' themselves.

Have you ever seen a dog chase it's own tail.

We have now!

You can not use famous people to make your point. Those women have been promoted and are not necessarily looked upon by the color of their skin but instead by their being famous, popular, or rich. The average Thai male sees dark skin as unattractive. That is why so many women buy skin whitening cream and wear jackets when they rude motorcycles even on cloudy days. They want to hide from the sun so they don't get any darker.

You can not try to force people to like something they don't like. It's human right!

Woman people in your contry and lot of product tan skin. Say everything

Why can't you just accept the truth

that

Most Thai people or Asian prefer white skin

And

Most farang prefer tan skin

If you can't follow a simple conversation in English then why are you here?

No one is trying to convince Thai people that dark skin can be beautiful.

This is about the purposeful convincing of children that dark skin means ugly.

I know what that topic talking about

But this guy word is "

Thai male sees dark skin as unattractive. That is why so many women buy skin whitening cream and wear jackets when they rude motorcycles even on cloudy days. They want to hide from the sun so they don't get any darker."

So what <deleted>***ing wrong with Thai male like white skin girl

What about your guy like tan skin girl?

You people are <deleted>**** forget you own skin color. Before teaching teaching Thai people to appreciate tan skin.

Go BACK to your contry! And teach your people to like white skin. Don't fuc*ing use tan product and don't fucki*ng bake yourself in sun

Do try to control your foul mouth.

The poster did not complain that Thai men prefer white skin, he just stated that as a fact. It is true that Thais have been conditioned to prefer whiter skin just like many Europeans have been conditioned to prefer tanned skin. So what? Well, I would prefer if that conditioning did not take place within the school, that is all.

I do not want to teach people what is beautiful, and that is what this topic is talking about, so sorry but you are actually not following at all, you are half understanding and now getting very upset as a result of your own misunderstanding. Sorry, but English is complex and often the true meaning of a statement is easily misconstrued.

so sad,

Everywhere - including the public school system? Because that's what this thread is about.

I'm old enough to remember opening our geography books at school in England to learn that all the countries coloured pink,and they were many, belonged to the British empire,and they basked in our enlightened form of government, and if they didn't like it well we had people like Cecil Rhodes, Clive of India, Lord Romford, and many others who would show them the error of their ways. The Mau Mau uprising in Kenya is an eye opener in recent history, how dare they demand independance, the uprising was classed as terrorism and the British had no problem employing torture and murder to make a point that they were not capable of governing themselves, this in 1951 - 1954 just after defeating the racist 'master race'

The second guy is an ugly git, not? He's got tattoos on his face. Dont understand why this is made into a color discussion.n

Then perhaps you should look more closely at the pictures.

Colour has clearly played a part in the criteria used to choose the pictures.

Are you sure its not the tattoos or the earrings that make the kid ugly? The fairer Korean looking boy's facial features are more symmetrical as well, We assume that Thais are per definition racists, while we don't know the reasons why the maker of the poster calls the other kid ugly.

If you see 2 girls, one is ugly and dark and the other pretty and fair skinned, does that make you a racist when asked about your preference?

If the creator of this educational poster intended to mean that dark skinned people are uglier than light skinned people, then yes he's a racist.

I think he is just plain dumb to put such a possible sensibility on an educational learning resource.

I understand your points, but want to be careful to play the racist card. I think the person responsible for this material lacks a certain number of brain cells rather than being a racist.

I'm really beginning to understand just How Stupid this Country is!!

I actually don't think the black guy in the picture looks particularly ugly. And given that the "handsome" picture resembles a K-pop singer I think a better adjective it could be used to illustrate might be "useless" or "stupid" or "untalented".

Really?. All those fancy adjectives, for those learning hot, cold, short and long. And when will these students learn the word "untalented"?. Next lesson?

Do you respect pedophiles? If not then you do not respect diversity at all! That is exactly how absurd you sound. We do not have to respect people who hurt others, get it now?

You have just made my point for me - that to proclaim that one is opposed to 'intolerance' and 'bigotry' is utter nonsense, since we all make judgements every day based upon our own views and beliefs.

To proclaim oneself 'intolerant' of 'intolerance' is the height of idiocy.

Which is known as the paradox of intolerance, and Karl Popper clears it up quite well:

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal."

Thai racism at it's finest.

Implanting in the heads of children that can barely read, that black people are ugly.

Terrible that the education department actually let this through.

I know, I know...it's a "misunderstanding".

Falang = Stupid....Falang no understand Thai = smart.........cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Simondan

Yes you are 100% right. The poster is a great way to teach the word ugly. Most here just dont get it,in Thailand the pic is ugly period

What's especially strange to me is your seeming reverence for George H.W. Bush.

He's the one who involved the United States in a war in the Middle East to bail out his Kuwaiti friends and business partners - a war that in no way served the interests of the United States.

Well OK, the guy made one mistake. But nobodies perfect, right?

Anyway, I dont revere him as such. I just dont feel morally superior to him, thats all.

If one were to value human life they could say it was a million mistakes...

many on here may call it racism, Thai's call it telling the truth as they see it, even many dark Thai's don't like their own skin colour, they prefer white or lighter, its not racism, only in the eyes of the people who say it is, so if i say someone to me is ugly then i am racist, i don't think so, because many of my friends are ugly, but that's not what makes them my friends,

The second guy is an ugly git, not? He's got tattoos on his face. Dont understand why this is made into a color discussion.n

Then perhaps you should look more closely at the pictures.

Colour has clearly played a part in the criteria used to choose the pictures.

Are you sure its not the tattoos or the earrings that make the kid ugly? The fairer Korean looking boy's facial features are more symmetrical as well, We assume that Thais are per definition racists, while we don't know the reasons why the maker of the poster calls the other kid ugly.

If you see 2 girls, one is ugly and dark and the other pretty and fair skinned, does that make you a racist when asked about your preference?

If the creator of this educational poster intended to mean that dark skinned people are uglier than light skinned people, then yes he's a racist.

I think he is just plain dumb to put such a possible sensibility on an educational learning resource.

I understand your points, but want to be careful to play the racist card. I think the person responsible for this material lacks a certain number of brain cells rather than being a racist.

Having lived here for 13 years, yes I am sure.

Looking at the pretty and beautiful pictures, they are both fair skinned.

As is the the picture of the guy for good.

Colour is playing a role.

Only the ugly picture has a dark skinned individual. Something completely unnecessary if tattoos and earrings were the criteria for ugly.

Well they had 2 colour to choose from, black or white, so either way they would have been called racist, only that they picked the colour that most will moan about, had he been a white dude, most would have agreed that he was ugly,

many on here may call it racism, Thai's call it telling the truth as they see it[.]

While terms like "handsome" and "ugly" are subjective, the term "racism" is not, and its definition is not open for debate.

They say it as they see it, the same as how they speak it in the Thai language, the same as Farang can be interpreted as a racist word, then again, its the way they see it and say it,