Will I have enough to Live in Udon Thani with this

BarrieSawadee

Not enough. You need another income source, an active one.

I doubt you will find any work worth getting out of bed for in Thailand, never mind 20 kms outside Udon. (e.g. teaching for 25,000 Baht a month) So you need to try and make money off the internet. It is easier than you think but you might need to put in 6 hours a day to make a few grand a year.

I have a simple spreadsheet I made in Excel to show you don't have enough.

Also I think your net annual returns of 250,000 Baht from house rental is optimistic. There may considerable expenses to factor in, such as repairs, and periods where a tenant cannot be found.

Hiya Briggsy

Sound advice as well Sir I Thankyou

As far as internet goes I am already on that one Websites/Youtube Partner/Editing Studio and Camera/Adwords/AdSense/PPC etc. I wanted to keep those incomes seperate and Hopefully Non-Dependable.

The 250000 Baht is actually a Lower Figure I would probably get Closer to 350000 THB Rent which still causes Me concern I.E. House Maintenance/Vacant Property.

Something I have also been Looking at is Foreign Currency Accounts Which the Bangkok Bank Offers.

If I am correct in thinking I could Theoretically Transfer Funds To and Fro when the Currency Excahange rate is advantageous I.E. in the Past 8 Months the THB has Gone from 45 THB to the Pound to 55 THB to the Pound that is a 20 Per Cent difference Twice Up and Twice Down in that Period of Time.Using My funds I am hoping that this might actually be a Possibility

Cheers

Barrie

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP

I'm curious as to how you decide which words you use capital letters on? It's very weird to be sure.

Good luck with the rest of it.

Well noticed it is defo an OCD thing

And I never like to conform either.

English is Compulsory in My Country where My Country actually has its own Native Tongue so I

Tend not to Comply totally with the Punctuation even though I do know it "Anarchy"

I tend to put Capitals on words that "I" class as important.

Was it really that much of a struggle to read with all of those Capitals ?

This could mean that You are actually Autistic and can only read things in a certain way wai2.gif

Oh and You havn`t actually addressed any of My Question ?

Cheers for the Good Luck

ChEeRs BaRrIe biggrin.png

I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are viewing all this through "rose tinted spectacles!"

First off your 250,000 baht is not nearly enough, 4 times that should be a starting point!

Do not, repeat DO NOT sell your property in the UK. That will increase in value but property here increases very little if at all!

At 45 you are far too young to take up Thai life style and although you're trying to convince yourself you won't, I would be willing to bet money that you will be bored before you're 50!

You may well get on with your Thai family in Udon and you may well pick up Thai enough to have a conversation but have you any idea what these people talk about? Most of them have no knowledge of the outside world, they life revolves around their back yard! Could you get by on a conversation about the price of rice, how was your somtam or how many chickens you have day in day out?

TV may be your last resort when you become bored! Have you ever watched Thai TV? Even if you can get western programs on True you will find they are repeated that many times you can quote them line for line!

I could go on like this but instead just tell you to take it easy, visit Thailand but do not move here yet! If you still feel you want to move here give at least another 10 years but make sure you have more money to back you up.

Sorry to have been blunt but some of the others have let you think living here is a breath of fresh air when for 365 days a year it is hot and humid!

Almost forgot, this is no longer a cheap country! If you need farang foods you will find these at least twice the price back home, sometimes even more! Thais can "eat off the land" by that I mean they can eat certain leaves etc. Can you?

You really do need to step back and think about what you are doing and take things a lot slower!

Good luck whatever you decide!

I doubt you will find any work worth getting out of bed for in Thailand, never mind 20 kms outside Udon. (e.g. teaching for 25,000 Baht a month) So you need to try and make money off the internet. It is easier than you think but you might need to put in 6 hours a day to make a few grand a year.

Also I think your net annual returns of 250,000 Baht from house rental is optimistic. There may considerable expenses to factor in, such as repairs, and periods where a tenant cannot be found.

Hiya Briggsy

As far as internet goes I am already on that one Websites/Youtube Partner/Editing Studio and Camera/Adwords/AdSense/PPC etc. I wanted to keep those incomes seperate and Hopefully Non-Dependable.

The 250000 Baht is actually a Lower Figure I would probably get Closer to 350000 THB Rent which still causes Me concern I.E. House Maintenance/Vacant Property.

Something I have also been Looking at is Foreign Currency Accounts Which the Bangkok Bank Offers.

If I am correct in thinking I could Theoretically Transfer Funds To and Fro when the Currency Excahange rate is advantageous I.E. in the Past 8 Months the THB has Gone from 45 THB to the Pound to 55 THB to the Pound that is a 20 Per Cent difference Twice Up and Twice Down in that Period of Time.Using My funds I am hoping that this might actually be a Possibility

Cheers

Barrie

Barrie

I would forget about the currency speculation. That is not going to work.

Here is a graph to show you why.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=GBPTHB=X#{%22showSma%22:true,%22smaColors%22:%22#cc0000%22,%22smaPeriods%22:%2250%22,%22smaWidths%22:%221%22,%22smaGhosting%22:%220%22,%22range%22:%225y%22,%22allowChartStacking%22:true}

The chances of there being 4 20% swings in a year and you successfully predicting them all are zero. Do you understand what the fees are? Can the a/c be operated online from Udon? Etc. Forget that, no chance.

I would like to see how you expect to make 350,000 Baht profit on renting a house in the UK that is worth £110,000. If you are lucky, you can rent that out for £600 a month / £7,200 a year. Then deduct tax, management fees, maintenance, repairs, bad debts, periods of vacancy. tenants ripping out the ceilings to turn the place into a skunk cannabis factory, etc.

As I understand it, you will be financially supporting yourself and your partner. That's 2 people. Even living frugally, that will be a spartan existence.

Looks like you are determined to try. Why not?

But with these figures, you will be going home after a couple of years worth a lot less than you started out with.

Best of luck whatever you decide

Briggsy

I'm sorry to have to tell you that you are viewing all this through "rose tinted spectacles!"

First off your 250,000 baht is not nearly enough, 4 times that should be a starting point!

Do not, repeat DO NOT sell your property in the UK. That will increase in value but property here increases very little if at all!

At 45 you are far too young to take up Thai life style and although you're trying to convince yourself you won't, I would be willing to bet money that you will be bored before you're 50!

You may well get on with your Thai family in Udon and you may well pick up Thai enough to have a conversation but have you any idea what these people talk about? Most of them have no knowledge of the outside world, they life revolves around their back yard! Could you get by on a conversation about the price of rice, how was your somtam or how many chickens you have day in day out?

TV may be your last resort when you become bored! Have you ever watched Thai TV? Even if you can get western programs on True you will find they are repeated that many times you can quote them line for line!

I could go on like this but instead just tell you to take it easy, visit Thailand but do not move here yet! If you still feel you want to move here give at least another 10 years but make sure you have more money to back you up.

Sorry to have been blunt but some of the others have let you think living here is a breath of fresh air when for 365 days a year it is hot and humid!

Almost forgot, this is no longer a cheap country! If you need farang foods you will find these at least twice the price back home, sometimes even more! Thais can "eat off the land" by that I mean they can eat certain leaves etc. Can you?

You really do need to step back and think about what you are doing and take things a lot slower!

Hiya Mr Happy in French

I am extremely grateful for Your bluntness actually

I have been waiting for about two Years to pose this question as I wanted to make sure that I was as ready as can be and that I would be able to answer the Questions put to Me adequately

Firstly the 250000 THB is rent Plus another 40000 GBP in the Bank and all Property and Vehicles Paid for

I am pretty sure that We can Live on 7500 THB A week"growing some fresh produce/Fish of our own" which granted will be quite basic which really isn`t a problem to Me as I hate all things Western as in Glutony and Greed (How much does a Man actually need when others in the World get by on Nothing)

Selling the Property is something that I would rather not do however I think that You will find that the UK Housing Market is going To boom a little and then Bust again and I would rather sell at todays price in that case so no Guarantees either way on that one

My age and Boredom I semi agree with however when I visit Thailand I do not do the tourist thing I actually love the rural Life not all that Challenging conversations granted although I think that I would rather talk about that than I would talking about Political issues that I can do Jack Crap about or the latest Football Match which to be fair is just there to Dumb down the Masses hardly stimulating conversation now is it

I accept some people really can`t entertain themselves I however can and very well give Me the internet and I will study/research everything for Hours and hours especially the Dark Net where a lot of the truth Lies

As for TV everybody on here needs to look into something called KODI it is a free downloadable programme with all of the World`s TV and Movies on it and it is free including all of the Sky channels just plud Your Computer into Your TV "HDMI Lead" I guess You only know what You know in this World

As far as Weather goes 90 Per Cent of My visits have been in April and May so the Heat/Humidity is no problem it actually helps Me as I have not the best circulation and the cold worsens that Thailand as a Country goes does not Worry Me at all

And down to the Food as I have already Posted I eat Issan food

Toad/River Snail/Ant Ant Eggs/All Bugs and to be fair anything that they throw at Me

My actual Favourite food in the UK and in Thailand is Sticky Rice with mashed up Fish I can and do eat that most days here in the UK already

All of Your comments are Extremely worthy all of them I have been pondering over for quite a few Years now and I have constantly been Preparing Myself on as many things as I can

Thanks again

Barrie

Have a look at KODI though it is amazing I actually found this in Preperation for Thailand biggrin.png

Hiya Briggsy

Cheers

Barrie

Barrie

I would forget about the currency speculation. That is not going to work.

Here is a graph to show you why.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=GBPTHB=X#{%22showSma%22:true,%22smaColors%22:%22#cc0000%22,%22smaPeriods%22:%2250%22,%22smaWidths%22:%221%22,%22smaGhosting%22:%220%22,%22range%22:%225y%22,%22allowChartStacking%22:true}

The chances of there being 4 20% swings in a year and you successfully predicting them all are zero. Do you understand what the fees are? Can the a/c be operated online from Udon? Etc. Forget that, no chance.

I would like to see how you expect to make 350,000 Baht profit on renting a house in the UK that is worth £110,000. If you are lucky, you can rent that out for £600 a month / £7,200 a year. Then deduct tax, management fees, maintenance, repairs, bad debts, periods of vacancy. tenants ripping out the ceilings to turn the place into a skunk cannabis factory, etc.

As I understand it, you will be financially supporting yourself and your partner. That's 2 people. Even living frugally, that will be a spartan existence.

Looks like you are determined to try. Why not?

But with these figures, you will be going home after a couple of years worth a lot less than you started out with.

Best of luck whatever you decide

Briggsy

Hiya again Briggs

My understanding is that I would use an FCD Account (Foreign Currency Deposit Account) with the Bangkok Bank which will run alongside My Savings/Current Account with them

as long as I have got I think it is a Minimum of 2000 Dollars in it then I can Transfer funds in different currencies from account to account whenever I want using there I-Banking (Online Banking) facility

for no fee at all (for the currency exchange) meaning everytime I transfer I could be making money with currencies in both accounts that would just be sitting there anyway.

My plan with doing this is strictly a bonus and not anything that I would depend on totally (hopefully)

My worry with renting out is exactly that that is why I am wondering to sell or not and be in some sort of control over My money

The existence would be Spartan yes although I am building a pretty decenthouse with pool so I will have some comforts and we are both keen cooks

I am the kind of person who can sit in a field for hours just thinking and that's free biggrin.png

I am determined yes and I have always had to be in life although your realism is welcome if not a little upsetting thumbsup.gif

What sort of figure would You say would may be be suffice

and thanks loads for all of Your advice

Cheers

Barrie

You did ask for advice and as you say my advice comes over rather bluntly.

I have though 13 years of experience of living in this country so I have faced many of the pitfalls.

One of the things I thought about after I had posted was again about your finances.

You say you will have 250,000 baht a year to live on, then in your last post you say you will be able to live on 7500 per week.

7500 x 52 = 390,000. OK I did read where you say you might have up to about 350,000.

As I read your OP I take it that you have bought and paid for your land so does that mean you have to pay for the house to be built out of the 40,000GBP you have left? This will deminish your reserve by quite a bit. Have you any estimates of what a house + pool will cost to build?

While talking about house building, have you any builders in mind or to put it bluntly again, have you ever tried to find a competant builder in your area or indeed an electrician, plumber or pool builder?

OK you can put up with the weather, you can eat crappy food, now you're telling us you have health problems with your circulation. Have you thought about the cost of health insurance? Have you thought that they do not have the best hospitals in Udon?

You talk about the UK housing market in "boom and bust!" That's what it has always done but after a few years it always ends up higher!

Buy a house here today for say 2 million baht and in 10 years you will be lucky if it's still worth that!

As for KODI, I have heard of it but of what use is it unless you record most of the stuff? Remember we are 6 hours in front of the UK so if I want to watch something that's on at say 8.00pm. in UK I have to get up at 2.00am. ! Yes, there are some programs on during daytime, mostly sports.There is a way around this by downloading torrents which is the thing I do. I can watch them then at a time convienient to me. I can watch programs from all over the world at a time that suits but even so there is still not a lot worth watching!

Anyway, I think you have already made up your mind and you will not be put off by anything we tell you.

PS> Just caught your last post, you ask how much would surfice.

I think a minimum guaranteed amount of 1 million baht a year from a pension or something that doesn't fluctuate ( only as regard currency rate )

A savings minimum of 50,000 GBP after all expences paid.

I know people exist on less especially in the North East but that is it, existing!

I still say "DO not sell your house in the UK !" If that means you cannot build your house + pool then rent for a couple of years!

It is NOT the same living here as coming on holiday!

Best of luck, we have tried to give you advice!

I would not be selling a house in the UK if i was in your shoes(not this early on). staying in Thailand for a few months is fine but at the tender age of 45, can you see yourself living the lifestyle you describe for the next 30+ years, i have stayed with friends in that area, most were around 60 and frankly they were bored, most had been there 5+ years. It also depends on your skills, can you get a job if you return to the uk, at 45?, Also if things did go wrong a few years down the line, the 30 lease on the building will be a millstone round your neck,unable to move on or sell, you will be leaving with nothing. take your time,

Hiya Howerde

Thanks for all of Your comments

I understand Your point in regards to Lifestyle the thing is I have never been a Materialistic person even though I could have been.I really cannot stand the ways of the West anymore and that has been happening for Years as well.

Every bit of time I have spent in Rural Thailand I have felt totally at Home (Climate/Pace of Day/Chores to do etc.The boredom thing however is real and I accept that even though I am very good at amusing Myself and finding things to do.

As far as the Land Lease goes I have always said and accepted that the Land and House will always stay with My GF no matter what as far as I am concerned that is the least that She deserves and I really mean that.

Everything that You have said were already on My list and I am still giving them all serious thought

I am just thinking that I would rather spend some Younger years in Thailand opposed to only Experiencing it at an Older age and the renting option will probably mean staying here even longer bah.gif

Do you think the renting option is really an option now i.e. would I have enough in total

Cheers

Barrie

With reference to money, i would not be moving to Thailand unless i had 80000-100000 per month, not including health insurance, i do not like eating basic food, ie sticky rice and some veg, i like to travel holidays etc etc, i think you will find yourself trapped in village life with people you have nothing in common with, keep the house in the UK for now and see in a few years time, never under estimate the pressure your GF will be put under, by her family, remember what is yours is there to share, you are joining her family. think communal living. good luck with what ever you do

You did ask for advice and as you say my advice comes over rather bluntly.

I have though 13 years of experience of living in this country so I have faced many of the pitfalls.

One of the things I thought about after I had posted was again about your finances.

You say you will have 250,000 baht a year to live on, then in your last post you say you will be able to live on 7500 per week.

7500 x 52 = 390,000. OK I did read where you say you might have up to about 350,000.

As I read your OP I take it that you have bought and paid for your land so does that mean you have to pay for the house to be built out of the 40,000GBP you have left? This will deminish your reserve by quite a bit. Have you any estimates of what a house + pool will cost to build?

While talking about house building, have you any builders in mind or to put it bluntly again, have you ever tried to find a competant builder in your area or indeed an electrician, plumber or pool builder?

OK you can put up with the weather, you can eat crappy food, now you're telling us you have health problems with your circulation. Have you thought about the cost of health insurance? Have you thought that they do not have the best hospitals in Udon?

You talk about the UK housing market in "boom and bust!" That's what it has always done but after a few years it always ends up higher!

Buy a house here today for say 2 million baht and in 10 years you will be lucky if it's still worth that!

As for KODI, I have heard of it but of what use is it unless you record most of the stuff? Remember we are 6 hours in front of the UK so if I want to watch something that's on at say 8.00pm. in UK I have to get up at 2.00am. ! Yes, there are some programs on during daytime, mostly sports.There is a way around this by downloading torrents which is the thing I do. I can watch them then at a time convienient to me. I can watch programs from all over the world at a time that suits but even so there is still not a lot worth watching!

Anyway, I think you have already made up your mind and you will not be put off by anything we tell you.

PS> Just caught your last post, you ask how much would surfice.

I think a minimum guaranteed amount of 1 million baht a year from a pension or something that doesn't fluctuate ( only as regard currency rate )

A savings minimum of 50,000 GBP after all expences paid.

I know people exist on less especially in the North East but that is it, existing!

I still say "DO not sell your house in the UK !" If that means you cannot build your house + pool then rent for a couple of years!

It is NOT the same living here as coming on holiday!

Best of luck, we have tried to give you advice!

Hiya again Monsieur Happy

If you thought I was being ungrateful/sarcy or anything negative at all towards you I really wasn`t everything everyone has said is like gold to Me

I know that I have been coming across single minded etc. I am just putting as fierce an argument up as possible in order to get as many of the answers and opinions as possible

to be fair I have been taking it on board because I am already realising that I am going to have to wait for about another three years and I will be in a much better situation then as well

Could put the House on hold and may be just develop the Land and invest the money in the mean time

Regarding the sums though I meant 250000 THB Nett annually plus 40000 GBP in the bank a little bit of interest off that and some other minor incomes I know it is close that is why I have posted the question

Yes Land is paid for and there is an additional 60000 GBP for the Build I just put that I had a house because the money is already budgeted for that

As far as house builder goes I have already got that sorted I have gotten really lucky on that one Site Manager etc.

Boom and Bust I meant if I wanted to sell the House then I might not have timed the market right and be stuck with it when I wouldn`t want to be

House value in Thailand honestly it isn`t as an investment it goes to the GF anyway and I have no problem with that I think that it would be hard to sell anyway

Fair point on steady income I do think that 500000THB would be enough and 1000000 THB for us honestly I really do enjoy the simple way

Regarding health I didn`t mean it as that serious My body has just always preffered warm weather and not cold since My childhood may be I should have put cold blooded biggrin.png

Really cool that you use torrents yeah that is defo a better way I know that some things are worth watching live though whatever time they might be on

And the Health Insurance is in with that budget if I have got My sums right blink.png

I know what You mean about not selling the House it`s just I worry about any problems/commitments towards it

And the Holiday thing really is something that I have gotten accustomed to as much as I ever will without Living there

And honestly again everyones advice really is being listened to and not wasted in anyway

Cheers again

Barrie

I would not be selling a house in the UK if i was in your shoes(not this early on). staying in Thailand for a few months is fine but at the tender age of 45, can you see yourself living the lifestyle you describe for the next 30+ years, i have stayed with friends in that area, most were around 60 and frankly they were bored, most had been there 5+ years. It also depends on your skills, can you get a job if you return to the uk, at 45?, Also if things did go wrong a few years down the line, the 30 lease on the building will be a millstone round your neck,unable to move on or sell, you will be leaving with nothing. take your time,

Hiya Howerde

Thanks for all of Your comments

I understand Your point in regards to Lifestyle the thing is I have never been a Materialistic person even though I could have been.I really cannot stand the ways of the West anymore and that has been happening for Years as well.

Every bit of time I have spent in Rural Thailand I have felt totally at Home (Climate/Pace of Day/Chores to do etc.The boredom thing however is real and I accept that even though I am very good at amusing Myself and finding things to do.

As far as the Land Lease goes I have always said and accepted that the Land and House will always stay with My GF no matter what as far as I am concerned that is the least that She deserves and I really mean that.

Everything that You have said were already on My list and I am still giving them all serious thought

I am just thinking that I would rather spend some Younger years in Thailand opposed to only Experiencing it at an Older age and the renting option will probably mean staying here even longer bah.gif

Do you think the renting option is really an option now i.e. would I have enough in total

Cheers

Barrie

With reference to money, i would not be moving to Thailand unless i had 80000-100000 per month, not including health insurance, i do not like eating basic food, ie sticky rice and some veg, i like to travel holidays etc etc, i think you will find yourself trapped in village life with people you have nothing in common with, keep the house in the UK for now and see in a few years time, never under estimate the pressure your GF will be put under, by her family, remember what is yours is there to share, you are joining her family. think communal living. good luck with what ever you do

Cheers Loads

Why not rent a house in that general location and save the 60,000 squid for later. Get a teaching job for up to 30,000b a month then things might be different?

You say you can adapt to village life/food/bugs but what is the longest period of time that you have done this to date? Most cannot live like that, but some do and the highlight of their life is a trip in another Farangs car to Big C.

I wish you well but am playing the devils advocate here???

This post is about living in Thailand. You seem to be living in the dark ages.

Why not rent a house in that general location and save the 60,000 squid for later. Get a teaching job for up to 30,000b a month then things might be different?

You say you can adapt to village life/food/bugs but what is the longest period of time that you have done this to date? Most cannot live like that, but some do and the highlight of their life is a trip in another Farangs car to Big C.

Not quite devils advocate. More like miserable generaliser.

This is good advice. Barry you seem to have given it a lot of thought and want to go all in from day one. That would be a mistake and unnecessary. Take things slow. Take the above advice and slowly ease yourself into life here and grow as you go. At your age there is no rush. Rent a house, rent a car, rent a wife but don't buy anything for a while and keep your stash in the bank. You can then see for yourself if you can make it here instead of asking others if you can. That is the only way to find out. If the answer is no then you will have lost next to nothing.

I wish you lots of luck.

What aspect of my post suggests that I am miserable?

I am having a great life here in Thailand but will not belittle myself by saying what I have or haven't got in public. I believe that I am a respected member of the community. Can you honestly say the same, puchooay? I hope you can.

I believe this guy has got his head screwed on right but I just question if his ideas are unrealistic about living like a Thai farmer at the age of 45.

You will never know unless you give it a go.

Although a lot say take it slowly,infrastructure will cost alot more to build in 5 years than now.

Make sure you get hi-speed internet and generator for power black outs.

Its all about trust and i'm sure you wouldn't consider moving here if there was none.

600,000 a year to live is realistic.I'm nearly your age and been here 11 years but have outdoor hobbies.

What aspect of my post suggests that I am miserable?

I am having a great life here in Thailand but will not belittle myself by saying what I have or haven't got in public. I believe that I am a respected member of the community. Can you honestly say the same, puchooay? I hope you can.

I believe this guy has got his head screwed on right but I just question if his ideas are unrealistic about living like a Thai farmer at the age of 45.

You should read what you wrote. "Most"??? Really? Who is this lone farang with a car? I am respected in many communities.

Back to the OP. You say you have been together for a while already. I say give it a go. You are about the same age as me. Village life is great. Do you have any hobbies? You will need a little to do from time to time.

+1

And not only that, paying for the privilege of being one.

That 3 million baht for the house build is ringing big alarm bells in my head.

Who in their right mind at the age of 45 gives up, house, job, family and friends to move half way round the world to live like a peasant?

No mention made of what type of visa the OP will be on.

No mention made of future pension plans, etc etc, this doesnt pass the logic test.

Keep the house in the UK rent it out, and rent some place for 5k baht per month here.

The OP will go stir crazy from cabin fever.

Must confess I can understand and relate to where the OP is coming from, any opportunity to get out must be examined, especially true at his age when he's likely been working his nuts off for years and tolerated everything that UK Plc has thrown at him. But the answer, sadly, remains the same. Sorry matey, just wait a while.

+1

Who in their right mind at the age of 45 gives up, house, job, family and friends to move half way round the world to live like a peasant?

No mention made of future pension plans, etc etc, this doesnt pass the logic test.

Keep the house in the UK rent it out, and rent some place for 5k baht per month here.

I guess you probably haven't read the whole thread.

Hiya again

I originally posted this question referring to finances only

I thought I had made My mind up already and did expect some kick backs

Most answers have been about will I like it and to slow down

The attention paid to this is causing Me to re evaluate a lot after all If I wasn`t going to listen to the answers then why post it ?

In a recent post I posted that exact same thing as in May be hold tight for another three Years or so invest the Money in the meantime whilst also earning/saving even more and also just developing the Land

I am fortunate in the respect that the GF will go along with whatever I want to do there is no pressure off Her in anyway(I just want to get out of here the sooner the better) :-)

Longest stretch is Four weeks total rural Living though and trust Me I never want to Leave and that is working the Land as well

Everytime We are out there I have always deliberately not done anything Touristy at all in preparation

I would rather You didn`t hold back that`s cool

Cheers Again

Barrie

acMust confess I can understand and relate to where the OP is coming from, any opportunity to get out must be examined, especially true at his age when he's likely been working his nuts off for years and tolerated everything that UK Plc has thrown at him. But the answer, sadly, remains the same. Sorry matey, just wait a while.

Hiya Chiang Mai

You are bang on on all that You have just Posted I really do not fancy Living here and getting Old under all of the pressure that I do have to deal with daily and then being in Thailand Old and not knowing what it would have

been like while still being active

All that said however I don`t want to come back here early as an Oldie either Arrrrgggghhh

So a few more Years Me thinks

Cheers Again

Barrie

Barrie

Wise decision ie deferment of relocation. I came at age 55. Old is not that bad especially in the Nth.

Stash the $$$ away while you can. Come over to LOS & no need to worry about whether you can afford.

If you currently think this way, you are probably correct - so not yet.

Barrie

Wise decision ie deferment of relocation. I came at age 55. Old is not that bad especially in the Nth.

Stash the $$$ away while you can. Come over to LOS & no need to worry about whether you can afford.

If you currently think this way, you are probably correct - so not yet.

Cheers

I don`t actually want to feel this way and didn`t feel like it before I posted biggrin.png

Any doubts though have to be addressed realistically even though I do know that I would not get Cabin Fever Etc.I would not want to have to return Home to live early well not ever actually

Cheers Again

Barrie

PS I didn`t mean Old was bad just different coffee1.gif

Barrie44

Old - no misinterpretation.

However, for you networking in a new country would be a big challenge. ie many old dudes live in the Nth.

Get the $$$; come on over; do it well. Get the timing correct & life should be rosy.

As for TV everybody on here needs to look into something called KODI it is a free downloadable programme with all of the World`s TV and Movies on it and it is free including all of the Sky channels just plud Your Computer into Your TV "HDMI Lead" I guess You only know what You know in this World

No internet in many rural locations.

Never internet in your gfs village, she left there for a reason.

Barrie,

I'm confused,are you barrie44 or barrie sawadee or both.

Hiya very well spotted I joined here Years ago as MrBarrie44 hence My mentioning that I have read loads on here for Years I then wanted to use ThaiVisa.Com a lot more now that the time well was nearly getting closer to finally move :-) and I wanted to have a more fitting name and I could not work out how to change My MrBarrie44 name

Cheers

BarrieSawadee,MrBarrie44 :-)

+1

I guess you probably haven't read the whole thread.

I dont need to read it all to know the 3 million baht he quotes for a house is BS.

Wont even bother mentioning the land he has already bought.

This whole deal could be put together for 1 million baht, rent land at 1,000 baht per rai per year, 4,000 baht per year, x 30 = 120,000 baht, build a 2 storey Thai house for 7-800k.

Archived