Photos Background Task Host Win10 - CPU hog?

Digitalbanana

I have noticed whenever I boot my upgraded Win7 > Win10 x64 PC after a few minutes the fans start kicking off as the heat increases with the CPU getting up to 45% usage and no apps started by me. A review of the task manager shows its a Photos Background Task Host as the culprit?

post-21581-0-78375300-1438567136_thumb.j

Anyone else got this? I don't know what it's doing and I usually have to stop the app in the task manager and all goes back to normal quite quickly until next boot up time. Annoying and I need to make sure I don't walk away from PC after a boot as the process really heats up the CPU.

No solution so far?.

Do you have a large amount of photos on your drive? Perhaps it is creating albums and building thumbnails for all your photos. If so just let it run until completed.

You shouldn't need to worry about the CPU overheating. If it really is getting too hot then there is a hardware issue.

Do you have a large amount of photos on your drive? Perhaps it is creating albums and building thumbnails for all your photos. If so just let it run until completed.

You shouldn't need to worry about the CPU overheating. If it really is getting too hot then there is a hardware issue.

I guess you were right on the building albums part. This seems to have stopped hogging my CPU after about 4 days of boot ups.

* Another funny story, during the Win7 > Win10 update my laptop was getting very hot and the fan noise extreme. I was worried the thing would shut itself down due to heat and didn't want that during an o/s upgrade so I was left with no choice but to hold the laptop up to a ceiling fan to cool the thing down, after about 10 minutes the computer fan cut down and all installed OK.

Now the fan hardly ever kicks off during day and I am running the laptop in a non air con room most days.