Beers in Nimman

ctrunfree

Hi people

Looking for a few recommendations for places that serve interesting beers (ie not the usual run of the mill lagers) in the Nimman area.

I've walked past the Beer Lab, and have seen reports of Beer Republic down Soi 11 (which doesn't look too flash from the googlemap streetview). Is House of Beers still here? (Tripadvisor thinks it's closed). What about the rooftop of Maya? What's up there, and when do they open?

Beer Lab is HOBS. Rebranded and the already expensive beer jacked up by about 30%.

There is a Thai run place which is due to reopen on Aug 17th on Sirimangkalajarn Soi 7. It's called Cube and has a wide range of imported beer at better prices than the foreign owned places - hopefully things will be the same when it reopens. They also expect to have a locally made German style wheat beer on draught.

Another place to check out is the bottle shop on Nimman just down from Tescos. Good range and grew prices.

Edited by JaseTheBass

Ah, OK, that explains the HOBs issue.

That bottle shop near Tescos has a happening scene going at 6pm. Just walked past, not a spare table outside, mix of Thais and farangs. Got myself a nice german weissbeer to go with the take away.

That bottle shop near Tescos has a happening scene going at 6pm. Just walked past, not a spare table outside, mix of Thais and farangs. Got myself a nice german weissbeer to go with the take away.

Perhaps a decent place to buy imports, as long as it's not in the cooler with the refrigerant leak, but I couldn't understand why many go there to do Changs and Leos, when the "promo places" like Dayli and Blah Blah have better prices, some "pretties," working and patronizing, and they actually have restrooms. Somebody told me why, but I don't want to spread rumors....it is very convenient to H4.

Perhaps a decent place to buy imports, as long as it's not in the cooler with the refrigerant leak, but I couldn't understand why many go there to do Changs and Leos, when the "promo places" like Dayli and Blah Blah have better prices, some "pretties," working and patronizing, and they actually have restrooms. Somebody told me why, but I don't want to spread rumors....it is very convenient to H4.

Wow, I hadn't thought about the rest room issue. Some of these guys were on their third or fourth large beer. How they resist breaking the seal is beyond me!

HOB (House of Beers) is still open, I'm not sure where the Trip Adviser misinformation came from. Last night a little before 9 pm it had between 20 and 30 customers, definitely not packed but not bad for Monday night. Beer there is hit or miss on quality, it should be consistently good considering the prices they charge.

Beer Box on Nimmanhamin soi 9 has a few draft imports and many bottles of imported beer that are consistently good but expensive, over 200 baht for a small bottle. It is a small place with outdoor seating near Starbucks.

Neighborhood Bar on soi 17 has many imported beers, but since most of the customers there drink Thai beer I'm not sure about freshness.

H4?

Please share the rumor, I'm also puzzled by the popularity of that place. There are many places on Nimmanhamin with beer promotions, food, pretties, music, and restrooms, why do so many people choose to drink on the sidewalk in front of a bottle shop?

h3 is nearer???

HOB (House of Beers) is still open, I'm not sure where the Trip Adviser misinformation came from. Last night a little before 9 pm it had between 20 and 30 customers, definitely not packed but not bad for Monday night. Beer there is hit or miss on quality, it should be consistently good considering the prices they charge.

Beer Box on Nimmanhamin soi 9 has a few draft imports and many bottles of imported beer that are consistently good but expensive, over 200 baht for a small bottle. It is a small place with outdoor seating near Starbucks.

Neighborhood Bar on soi 17 has many imported beers, but since most of the customers there drink Thai beer I'm not sure about freshness.

No it isn't. You went to Beer Lab, not HOBs.

No it isn't. You went to Beer Lab, not HOBs.

I checked today, sure enough they changed the name on the sign to Beer Lab, but everything else looked the same.

I haven't been in for over a month, I grew tired of paying 300 baht a pint for hit-or-miss beer. Did they improve quality control when they changed the name?

Riverside Beer Factory has draft Deschutes on tap. Chainbreaker White IPA and Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Not sure of the price.

I see they have Rogue Dead Guy....for 275% more than it cost in Virginia. Might as well just go hand a BiB some money, at least it would likely stay in the community.

I like a good craft beer once in a while but having been to several places on the Ping River, have decided I can do without till I ever return to NZ or another western country. I refuse to pay (minimum price found) 250baht for a small bottle of beer. It's not that I'm cheap Charlie but I do draw a line as to costs of some items.

Id love to get a home brew kit up and running, but am sure it would only attract a prison term!

Riverside Beer Factory has draft Deschutes on tap. Chainbreaker White IPA and Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Not sure of the price.

I had to do an internet search for this one. Clearly it is a new place. Is it part of Riverside Restaurant? Does anyone have information on prices?

Not sure of the price.

I had to do an internet search for this one. Clearly it is a new place. Is it part of Riverside Restaurant? Does anyone have information on prices?

Pretty sure it's across the street from the Riverside restaurant. Saw the signs driving past.

Not sure of the price.

Yep and 250baht minimum for sml bottle.....

How much for a draft pint of one of the IPA's?

A little known "fact", and good news: You can't be an alcoholic if you drink only high priced imported or "craft" beers. Suck 'em up. It's good for you!

Serious Question: what will happen to all of those Nimman area hiso drinkeries when the new edict comes down...300 meters from a school?

I tried the Craft Beer Factory recently. 295b for a 500ml IPA chainbreaker on tap.

I checked to see if they can be ordered from the other side of the road, and apparently yes.

Nice treat. Tasted good. Tapas to match. Hope they do well.

Not nearly as convenient for me as Nimmanhamin, but I'll tuk-tuk over there some evening soon and check it out. I'm willing to travel a bit for really good beer.