Booze ban in Thailand to be arbitrarily enforced during 6-month 'study'

webfact

The word ' vicinity ' has to be officially defined and it will take up to six months to be sorted out, meanwhile security officers will have to exercise their judgement !

What a mess, open to all sorts of abuse but the flip flopping and indecision has become the hallmark of this govt.

Oh sorry, not quite as they are getting good at sorting out bike lanes.

Actually a hallmark of every Thai government that I have seen firsthand or at distance. Including the Lord High Decider in Chief Thaksin's.

A hallmark of every Minister ever to wear his robes of office.

Shoot off mouth with ' bright idea ' within the hour of having it,

then let opinions walk it back to reality,

or more often, utter uselessness.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word ' vicinity ' has to be officially defined and it will take up to six months to be sorted out, meanwhile security officers will have to exercise their judgement !

What a mess, open to all sorts of abuse but the flip flopping and indecision has become the hallmark of this govt.

Actually a hallmark of every Thai government that I have seen firsthand or at distance. Including the Lord High Decider in Chief Thaksin's.

My dear old mum, like most dear old mums of her generation, had an aphorism for every occasion and one of her favourites was

Marry In Haste and Repent At Leisure,

for officialdom in LoS it seems to be

Act In Haste and Amend At Leisure.

My dear old mum, like most dear old mums of her generation, had an aphorism for every occasion and one of her favourites was

Marry In Haste and Repent At Leisure,

for officialdom in LoS it seems to be

Act In Haste and Amend At Leisure.

alcohol should be banned in Thailand. at least it will make farang sugar daddies to leave, as everybody knows thy can't survive without booze

Yu'p yet another well thought out proposal, absolute genius if ya ask me, your my hero TimmyT.blink.png

So now after your cunning plan and master stroke has been put into practice, and 99.99% of all tourism is now gone too another country(not just bars) will close but restaurants, convenience stores, hotels, resorts, and all the linked business that supply them, NOW WHAT??? Massive unemployment, an economy that's irretrievable, etc,etc,etc,

Because you have a problem with "sugar daddies" when the poorly though out laws were supposed to limit alcohol to minors, you come up with this!!!!!!!

If ya can't dazzle em with brains baffle em with bull___t.. And they say we descended from trees, but some of us just fell too a lower limb.

Edited by aussieinthailand

alcohol should be banned in Thailand. at least it will make farang sugar daddies to leave, as everybody knows thy can't survive without booze

Yu'p yet another well thought out proposal, absolute genius if ya ask me, your my hero TimmyT.blink.png

So now after your master stroke plan has been put into practice, and 99.99% of all tourism is now gone too another country(not just bars) will close but restaurants, convenience stores, hotels, resorts, and all the linked business that supply them, NOW WHAT??? Massive unemployment, an economy that's irretrievable, etc,etc,etc,

Because you have a problem with "sugar daddies" when the poorly though out laws were supposed to limit alcohol to minors, you come up with this!!!!!!!

If ya can't dazzle em with brains baffle em with bull___t...............

So he failed to think things out? So what! He's merely demonstrating the high degree to which he has absorbed "Thai culture".

Glad to read that I can still not buy alcohol when I have time to go shopping in the early morning when the traffic is still reasonable.

I have to sneak out during my lunch hour to buy a bottle of wine, hide it in my backpack to prevent nosy colleagues from thinking I am some kind of alcoholic and when I come home at night put it in the freezer to get it on room temperature. No way I can drive to my supermarket at night here in Bangkok.

I don't know which is worse : some ego-driven idiot from the last lot making some stupid rule then sticking to it come-what-may to save his face (Plodprasop and Chalerm spring immediately to mind) , or this lot changing their mind every 5 minutes when they realise they misjudged something yet again.

Is Thai society incapable of producing people of the required standard ?. It seems all avenues of advancement in this country are based on everything except ability.

How can anyone take the idea that the Junta are serious about corruption when hey positively encourage it with absurd decrees like this. There is a drive on corruption which is any corruption that your enemies may have committed whilst assisting corruption everywhere else

If the sugar daddies leave then your dear junta has the problem of looking after all the destitute ladies and kids.

C'mon Djamie, JohnThailandJohn, and all you junta butt lickers - justify this absurd sitution if you can.

Don't be a tool - the justification is that all Thai governments, no matter the incarnation, are stupid. Now go play with your toy cars.

The poster was referring to the junta, not previous governments. Now go play with your dollies.

For some forgotten reason I failed arithmetic [also mathematics]during my school years so it is beyond me to calculate the direct cost of a six month long committee deliberation. If doing this calculation please include all the "Hanger-Ons"

Thanks from Pete

Can it be more thainess than this ridiculous Booze ban : Vague, weak, not thought through, rushed and most of all stupid ... blink.png

Thinking this is the people that run this country is scary - Thailand is moving backwards by Warp speed and fast loosing their tourist industry - Fishing industry will soon take a blow that will finish them off and Thai aviation is Down for a Count ... Is anything actually working here exept the scams and extortion ... facepalm.gif

If you feel so strongly why don't you go and live in some strict country like Saudi or maybe Pakistan, and give us all a break.

Thanakorn Kuptajit, president of Thai Alcohol Beverage Business Association, said the decision to leave enforcement up to the judgment of law enforcement officers was troubling.

Troubling is not the word.........open to all sorts of abuse. The government want to stamp out corruption the first step is having clear rules and laws that people understand and comply with.

So the lawmakers write a new law and it takes 6 months to try to understand what the law means???

And those people are also in charge of writing the new constitution???

Election in 2025 then or is it too early?

Edited by CantSpell

These poor university students. Exhausted after the days studies, they need to drink and relax.

Next step of course for Thailand is the 'gap' year, where poor parents have to fund the students trip around the world in order to shake off the trauma of studying at university for three years.

Cynical? Of course. I suppose it's an age thing where you used to go to school until Friday and start work on Monday. Mind you, I accept there were plenty of jobs in those days.