Need To Know About Non Immigrant Visa Single Entry

hello... i am currently in thailand in the small village of ban nakhor, in the province of ubon ratchathani in the northeast... i am planning to stay for 6 months working as a volunteer teaching english in some of the schools and helping to work in the ricefields. But i've realized that when i applied for my visa in america i only got the non-immigrant education single entry visa. so i have apply for another visa before november 27th. Does anyone know if there is a way other than having to go all the way to bangkok to get a new visa? any suggestions about ways of acquiring a new visa would be much appreciated!! thanks!

hello... i am currently in thailand in the small village of ban nakhor, in the province of ubon ratchathani in the northeast... i am planning to stay for 6 months working as a volunteer teaching english in some of the schools and helping to work in the ricefields. But i've realized that when i applied for my visa in america i only got the non-immigrant education single entry visa. so i have apply for another visa before november 27th. Does anyone know if there is a way other than having to go all the way to bangkok to get a new visa? any suggestions about ways of acquiring a new visa would be much appreciated!! thanks!

You'll have to leave Thailand and apply at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad.

You'll have to leave Thailand and apply at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad.

aaahhh yes....thanks for the reply... is there a country you would recommend? currently i am very close to the laos border, so i guess it might be easiest to go there...?

If the border is not closed at the moment - then yes.

Before you go to the trouble of leaving the country, why not ask at the immigration office in Phibun Mangsahan. They might be able to help you...

IF ----- IF --------IF

If you are doing legit organized volunteer work then you may be eligible for extension of stay based upon that.