Tesco Lotus has free WiFi now!

craigt3365

You need to have a loyalty card, but it's on offer now! Unfortunately, it times out really quickly. I ended up giving up and just ate my lunch. But saw many others happily browsing away.

FYI This is for the one on Thepprasit and Sukhumvit.

I'm finding free internet more of a nuisance these days when the iPhone switched automatically to some crap free wifi network at Tukcom and Central... which must be fairly new as this hasn't happened before the last couple of months. I'd wonder why the internet was slow until I realized it had changed to a free, unsecured wifi network automatically.

Why would you need free wifi when you can have full speed 4G for only 9 baht per day. I only pay when I go out, and that is what it costs.

Funny that someone is looking for free wifi in 2015... Even Myanmar labours are unlimited on their phone ♡♥♡

I just did a 5 week trip across Eastern Europe. I was amazed at the places with free internet. Even every gas station had it! Which was great, because I traveled across 7 countries and it was impossible to get a reasonably priced SIM card that would cover all countries. In the end, I didn't need it!

I don't want internet on my phone. I've got enough of it at home! LOL Just pointing something out that might be of interest to some. I do see posts here quite often with people looking for a place to relax and have free wifi.

I don't want internet on my phone. I've got enough of it at home! LOL Just pointing something out that might be of interest to some. I do see posts here quite often with people looking for a place to relax and have free wifi.

It's the same for me. I use basic "dumb phones" when I'm out of the house... but it is handy to have my wife's iPhone at arm's reach to check stuff from time to time when out. Not Thaivisa, no way - but maybe bank account balances, exchange rates or a quick Google search.

Edited by tropo

I use this at our upcountry Tesco for more than a year or so.

Operated by True.

So I am suprised to read this as a Pattaya news.rolleyes.gif

Works fine and is good to wait for the wife buying her stuff (which bores me) tongue.png

There is time limit per day. Just forgot what it was.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I read A couple of years ago all of Bangkok would have free internet in A couple of years.

Again, there is at least one of these "government WiFi" (was it "ICT WiFi"?) offers in our district town.

I was just too lazy/suspicious to register with tons of details (address) and a passport number (resp. Thai ID card no.) etc.pp.

Maybe the networks at the school work similar? Will have to check when I am back home.

Its called "ICT Free WiFi by TOT".

http://www.ictfreewifi.com/

Edited by KhunBENQ