Western and southern Thai provinces brace for harsh weather during 5-9 Aug

webfact

Western and southern provinces brace for harsh weather during 5-9 Aug

BANGKOK, 5 August 2015 (NNT) – The Minister of Interior has urged 15 provinces in the western and southern region to brace for disasters from harsh weather during 5-9 August 2015.

The Meteorological Department issued a forecast warning that strong southwest monsoon winds will cover the Andaman sea, the southern region of Thailand, and the Gulf of Thailand during 5-9 August. The monsoon will likely cause high waves, strong winds and rains in the western and southern region.

The Minister of Interior Gen Anupong Paojinda has that the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has been ordered to work with 15 provinces, that are likely to be affected from the monsoon, to prepare countermeasures and closely monitor the situation 24 hours every day. Damns, dykes, reservoirs, and tourism attractions will be inspected for their readiness to brace the storm, while related agencies have been assigned to carry out the provincial disaster prevention and mitigation plan, should the situation worsen.

The DDPM Director-General Chatchai Promlert has advised the public living in the affected areas to closely follow weather forecasts and warnings. Fishermen are to exercise extra precautions when sailing, and small boats are urged not to leave shore during this time.

The affected public can request for assistance by calling the DDPM hotline 1784, operational 24 hours everyday.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-05 footer_n.gif

I've stocked my 7th floor roof-top covered and screened party place with all the essentials of food, drink, accompaniment, water, gas, and an inflatable Zodiac with a 60hp Honda outboard. I think I am ready for the storm; trouble is those accompaniment types are using up all the food and drink, and I didn't stock-up on lipstick.