Thailand tourist arrivals in July up nearly 40 pct on year

webfact

Thailand tourist arrivals in July up nearly 40% on year

BANGKOK: -- Thai tourist arrivals in July rose nearly 40 per cent on the year, the tourism minister said on Wednesday, as the industry continued to bounce back from a sharp fall in 2014 during months of street protests and a military coup.

Tourism is one of the few bright spots in an economy that continues to underperform more than a year after the military seized power in May 2014.

The sector accounts for about 10 per cent of Southeast Asia's second-largest economy, and the government expects a record number of visitors in 2015.

Thailand received 2.64 million visitors in July, Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul told reporters, an increase of 38 percent on the year.

Full story: http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/thailand-tourist-arrivals-in-july-up-nearly-40-on-year

-- The Business Times 2015-08-05

20 million who spend 1000 baht per day is much better than 10million who averaged 3000 Baht per day, if my Thai-style maths is up to speed.

Double arrivals certainly helps the airports' revenue (departure tax) generation.

I'm one of them. Arrived 25 July 2015 on a tourist visa and hope to extend it and than apply 4 a Retirement Visa. Any advise or help with this process would be appreciated.

I live in an unfurnished apartment near BTS Saphan Khwai.

My name is Jim, 62 years old.

I'm one of them. Arrived 25 July 2015 on a tourist visa and hope to extend it and than apply 4 a Retirement Visa. Any advise or help with this process would be appreciated.

I live in an unfurnished apartment near BTS Saphan Khwai.

My name is Jim, 62 years old.

Hi Jim, welcome to the website. Head over to the visa subforum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/ and read the threads at the top of the list. There's heaps of information over there!

Where do all these tourists go? Nakhon Nowhere? into the jungle camps? I have not seen any increase anywhere on the ground?

Ohh wait a minute, if there was one arrival last year in July, and then there are two arrivals this year, then the arrival rate would have increased by 50%, right?

Where do all these tourists go? Nakhon Nowhere? into the jungle camps? I have not seen any increase anywhere on the ground?

Ohh wait a minute, if there was one arrival last year in July, and then there are two arrivals this year, then the arrival rate would have increased by 50%, right?

No, 100% and just as unlikely!

DM

20 million who spend 1000 baht per day is much better than 10million who averaged 3000 Baht per day, if my Thai-style maths is up to speed.

I must be missing something or else it's that Thai-style math. Maybe sarcasm ??

I'll take the 10 million spending 3,000 baht any day. That's 10 million baht more per day and a lot less stress on infrastructure.

Thousands of Chinese in Pattaya - don't so much see them on the ground as waltzing around in tour buses. A few weeks ago had to sit and wait for 15-20 fairly full buses to exit the Ambassador and travel in convoy up Sukhumvit - proceeded by a police truck.......

Hmm how about this math? Let's say year before last was 100, then last year dropped to 50. A boost of 40% this year would bring it up to 70, which is still 30 less than previously.... think I'll go drown myself in lake with average depth of 6".

Hmm how about this math? Let's say year before last was 100, then last year dropped to 50. A boost of 40% this year would bring it up to 70, which is still 30 less than previously.... think I'll go drown myself in lake with average depth of 6".

Be careful you don't get hit by a submarine in a lake that deep.

Moot point but would you actually believe any statistic released by any Thai government ministry ever? So comparing one probably made up figure with a previous probably made up figure produces a figure which can always be adjusted and made up if required anyway. blink.png

Of course arrivals are up they couldn't be anything else.

I can hear my friend with a small restaurant saying ' well where are they ? "

On Chinese flagged tourist buses causing massive traffic jams around Pattaya. They are just allowed off for comfort breaks and to raid the nearest 7 Eleven or Family Mart.

I went to the new MaeSai Immigration office 2 days ago to do my 90 day report and I was the only one there. In at 11.53 and back out at 11.58.

What's your point? Was this particular immigration office once a trendy tourist attraction?

Archived