Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Off road jeep tour accident in Samui kills one and injures six

dom samui

There have been multiple accidents caused by the super careless drivers that they employ. They typically drive very recklessly. A friend of mine was mowed down by one of these freaks, and he did not even stop. Amazing they are allowed to operate. Another example of good mayorship.

Those guys are some of the worst drivers on Samui's roads. Even worse than the minibus drivers. They seem to hate if a car or bike gets between them and one of their fellow vehicles, and will cut you up to regain position.

I think there was another accident last year involving one tipping over and injuring Russian tourists.

I went on one of those 4x4 with 3 seats on top, I have to say I feel they do need regulating, I thought that at times they were being driven at times on rough terrain and in a manor that was close to being unsafe.

post-20091-0-37466800-1438811563_thumb.j

Seat belts, Just do not know if one of those vehicles over turned you just may be better of if you were flung clear.

Off road jeep tour accident in Samui kills one and injures six

off-road-jeep-accident-Samui.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- At around 11-30 Wednesday morning an off road tour vehicle lost control in Namuang and rolled, landing on its roof.

Reports suggest that six Chinese tourists were badly hurt in the accident and one lady believed to be German died of her injuries in Bangkok Samui Hospital.

*Update, it has been confirmed that a 27 year old German woman has died as a result of this accident.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-08-06

They are a menace, drive to fast, drive to close, take unnecessary chances, Male Ego of the driver?

I saw 8 of the yesterday driving on the ring road in Menam, all driving very fast and close, with in 5 meters of each other.

I believe the bigger the thrill for the passengers the bigger the tip at the end of the trip, if they are around to pay it.

Evidently competent drivers are not available or to expensive. Proper drivers license checks should also be performed.

Is a special driver license needed to drive a public vehicle with passengers?

Since they carry passengers they should be required to have insurance to cover damage and injuries, Liability should be over 50 million Baht. To expensive charge the customer, raise the price.

Easier get careful and competent drivers.

I live in Hua Thanon and must deal with these safari trucks daily. There are 2 different companies that operate those white trucks on Samui the drivers are some of the worse I have seen in Thailand. Total disregard for any type of safety on or off road. Very sad people were injured and died AGAIN. My condolences to the families.

RIP German lady.

Lets hope the survivors get on social media and warn their friends how dangerous it is here and to never come here.

If you are thinking about coming to Thailand, don't. It is not worth it.

I was almost run over on my scooter by these truck drivers on Samui.

One of these vehicles went through a neighbours house whilst coming around the bend there were people sitting on the roof top thankfully no one was killed but the injuries were terrible. The drivers have no respect for other road users it is time Samui banned these killing machines what insurance company would pay out for a vehicle that carries to many passengers and has altered the vehicles build by placing seats on the roof. R.I.P to the German victim you come on holiday to enjoy and because of some nutcase you go home in a wooden casket and yet in a couple of days time when things have settled down these tour operators will be overloading these vehicle once again and employing crazy men to drive them ! Enough is enough time for the local authorities to ban these vehicles or at least ban them from altering the seating design from the manufacturers initial plan !

These trucks often have a bench seat on top of the cab. No roll bar up there.........

And as I recall no safety belts...

post-20091-0-37466800-1438811563.jpg

....how sick, senseless and greedy can you get...

..and how can the government condone this....

...you get a ticket if you carry something on the back of your pickup....but this 'high-ticket' business is okay....???

...only foreigners after all....another bunch will come along if anything happens...

The companies are a menace to Koh Samui... I cannot believe they are still allowed to operate. There have been many deaths over the years, but nothing happens - I guess the tea money chain must be good.

I regularly encounter these idiots whilst walking on the mountain tracks - and the way they carry passengers is beyond ridiculous.

I had some friends from the States who contacted me about coming here for their vacation, and they mentioned the Samui jungle treks like this one. I sent them some articles, and told them they were crazy to even think about it. Told them to go online and do some research about safety in Thailand. A month or so later they emailed me and said they had a wonderful time in Vietnam.

There was another horrific 'accident' with one of these safari jeeps on Samui a few months back.

Don't know if anyone died but the photos I saw of emergency staff offering medical treatment at the scene looked like a war zone, bodies everywhere.

Never saw that one reported on social media so I wont name the tour company!

It was after that they appeared to stop filling those seats on the roof.

Moan moan moan.

Thai Haters United.

coffee1.gif

not really,just telling it like it is!

I think the moans are thoroughly deserved, be they Thai or anyone else.

Having passengers in seats on a car roof is totally illegal in most Western countries. They seem to have no concept of safety.

The van drivers in Chiang Mai are no better, believe me.

I had some friends from the States who contacted me about coming here for their vacation, and they mentioned the Samui jungle treks like this one. I sent them some articles, and told them they were crazy to even think about it. Told them to go online and do some research about safety in Thailand. A month or so later they emailed me and said they had a wonderful time in Vietnam.

Yes, Vietnam roads and traffic is of course a lot safer than Thailand...

murricans....

Last week one of these retards of Namuang Waterfall 2 nearly ran me off the Road. He was racing with 4 other cars from the same company up the hill from their business. All trucks were full of tourists. One pickup drove so fast in a turn that his right rear wheel was no longer touching the road.

Archived