Disappointed with Korean Air

Card

You purchased the cheapest available ticket and ended up with food you didn't like and not enough to keep you satisfied... plus no menu!!! that's appalling...

Well done,right on que.I read between the lines of your post and you could not help yourself and revert to type,well done.I think the OP was trying to be helpful.Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks. He has clearly never flown Korean Air so just ignore him.

I am about to email the airline with my concerns about the pilot - not the other stuff, but the flying was too bad to ignore. I've never been on a flight with so much screaming by passengers due to the poor flying.

I know where you are coming from,it is a bit like this site,can you imagine them flying a plane or being a CEO of a big company,but then again every village has it"s idiots or two,we are burdened with more than our fair share on here. Thanks for the post,I was considering using them next year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You purchased the cheapest available ticket and ended up with food you didn't like and not enough to keep you satisfied... plus no menu!!! that's appalling...

Well done,right on que.I read between the lines of your post and you could not help yourself and revert to type,well done.I think the OP was trying to be helpful.Correct me if I am wrong.

I am about to email the airline with my concerns about the pilot - not the other stuff, but the flying was too bad to ignore. I've never been on a flight with so much screaming by passengers due to the poor flying.

I know where you are coming from,it is a bit like this site,can you imagine them flying a plane or being a CEO of a big company,but then again every village has it"s idiots or two,we are burdened with more than our fair share on here. Thanks for the post,I was considering using them next year.

So sort of like people with common sense, instead of sheep, unable to use a brain.

Here is a good education material for you on what happens on landing during cross winds, strangely enough plants and trees are also not movingwhistling.gif

Sounds like the complaint should be about the pilot, rather than Korean Air.

As for food, on any plane, I am just happy to have something to eat and drink.

I fly only with Korean Air.

And I always like the flight attendants... (Try Air Canada if you want to see how bad flight attendants can be)

And as for prices, flights have a quota of seats at different prices. Once the cheaper price seats are sold out, you can pay more for sitting down next to a passenger who has paid the lower fare...

So sort of like people with common sense, instead of sheep, unable to use a brain.

Here is a good education material for you on what happens on landing during cross winds, strangely enough plants and trees are also not movingwhistling.gif

Except in my case, there was no lateral movement at all - it appeared to be a normal landing until the plane hit the deck - that's when the shit hit the fan. baaaaaah.......

Edited by Card

Sounds like the complaint should be about the pilot, rather than Korean Air.

As for food, on any plane, I am just happy to have something to eat and drink.

I fly only with Korean Air.

And I always like the flight attendants... (Try Air Canada if you want to see how bad flight attendants can be)

And as for prices, flights have a quota of seats at different prices. Once the cheaper price seats are sold out, you can pay more for sitting down next to a passenger who has paid the lower fare...

If you read my post I have not complained about the flight attendants - only their stylist. The pilot is the airline!

Except in my case, there was no lateral movement at all - it appeared to be a normal landing until the plane hit the deck - that's when the shit hit the fan. baaaaaah.......

I suggest you re read your OP and stop making up new stories as it goes.

You whined about food, leg room, flight attendants , lights on the plane, turbulence near Japan and landing .

Edited by konying

Did they also serve Your NUTS UP in a BAG, or did they put them in a Glass Bowl for you?

You should have immediately Fired the Flight Services Manager and demanded the Aircraft return to the gate so you could kick him off the plane.

Never had a problem on KA. Multiple flights with wife and two munchkins. If you don't like the food, you can arranged for special meals ahead of time. You'll get served first and it's usually a bit better than the chicken or fish option. All at no extra cost.

Best not to eat too much on those long flights anyway, they did you a favor. Usually they have the pimibab offered, and thats IMO, perfect long flight food, some rice, vegetables, spicy stuff in the toothpaste tube. Enough. Get to your destination hungry then eat some good food.

I always am curious as to why they serve food about three hours before landing............why do I want to eat that re-heated preservative filled cr@p, when I'm just a few hours away from quality? Something to pass the time I guess.

Regarding the stewardesses, not so fair as what a tough thankless job,as far as your landing, bad luck !

how about when they wake u up 3 hours before landing and they don't turn on lights in biz class till last hour, I have always had great flights with Korean, I love that 380 to Lax from Seoul, so Quiet and No Turbulence Edited by Nice Boyd

"Unless you paid top dollar for service in Business Class or First i don't think you can complain really though"

So are you saying that because I got a cheap ticket that I shouldn't complain over what I consider a safety issue?

Equally is it only First Class and Business passengers that have a right to complain over safety issues?

Or are you saying that because the flight was on time and no baggage lost that safety issues are not important enough to complain about?

I am referring to the service in business class, big seats, flat beds, big IFE screens, great food etc. You didn't pay the premium for that you got a cheap economy fare. You can complain about the safety aspect but i think at best you will receive a letter apologizing "if you didn't enjoy the flight". I have flown in lots of old 747's that have done speedy descents and the cabin, over head lockers, plastic interiors were all creaking and rattling away. Passengers aren't impressed but sometimes fast descents are made.

Just flew to the USA on Korean Airlines and the flight attendants moved me to an empty row on both legs. Food was fine compared to the other airline choices out there. The OP should probably take up those problems with the airline directly so they can resolve them as it sounds like he got an unlucky draw on a full plane.

I have to agree with you. I flew Korean airlines from Bangkok to Seoul to Los Angeles and back and thought they provided a decent service. I had no complaints.

I can't understand the OP complaining when he admits he got a good deal and there are a lot worse.

if the OP was dissatisfied with Korean airlines he should have tried a long haul on Aeroflot during the early 1990s when they were still flying Illyushin II-62 's -even though I was in business class all the way to Sydney Australia it was dreadful. giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Every trip I had to the US I've been using Korean via Seoul, mainly because of the price. I don't rate food on economy class, probably not very tasty. But never had any problems with the staff and always good landings. If I remember correctly they use new airplanes B-777 to L.A and S.F.

Edited by balo

If I remember correctly they use new airplanes B-777 to L.A and S.F.

They use 777 to San Francisco and Airbus 380 to LAX.

I have flown from Seoul/Incheon to the USA (ORD, IAD, ATL) on Korean Airlines several times and their services were always outstanding compared to the United, American, or Delta.

Airline Rating-Korean Air

http://www.airlineratings.com/ratings/19/korean-air

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/korean-air/

'Pulled down the flaperons at full height'? I very much doubt it.

Are you sure that you don't mean that the pilot deployed the spoilers? They look a bit like flaps but are extended from the top surface of the wing, rather than the trailing edge. Spoilers are commonly used to reduce altitude quickly while preventing acceleration if a pilot is too high for the glide slope .... they do make a buffeting sound, but they are perfectly safe.

'Pulled down the flaperons at full height'? I very much doubt it.

Are you sure that you don't mean that the pilot deployed the spoilers? They look a bit like flaps but are extended from the top surface of the wing, rather than the trailing edge. Spoilers are commonly used to reduce altitude quickly while preventing acceleration if a pilot is too high for the glide slope .... they do make a buffeting sound, but they are perfectly safe.

At last someone who is writing about my main complaint. I know what a flaperon is and I know what the smaller spoilers are and it was the flaperons that were suddenly pulled out at full speed and height. I also don't need to be a trained pilot to know that it wasn't an appropriate quick action to do before the engines are slowed, just as i don't need to have a degree in the English language to know when some on here are writing crap.

That's why the kind of grating sound was heard and the plane jarred and dropped about 5000 ft very quickly before the flaperons were pulled back again. That's the second time I heard screaming by some passengers.

Edited by Card

If I remember correctly they use new airplanes B-777 to L.A and S.F.

They use 777 to San Francisco and Airbus 380 to LAX.

I have flown from Seoul/Incheon to the USA (ORD, IAD, ATL) on Korean Airlines several times and their services were always outstanding compared to the United, American, or Delta.

Airline Rating-Korean Air

http://www.airlineratings.com/ratings/19/korean-air

http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/korean-air/

I know all about the ratings and that is why I put my review on here because it seemed to have gone against what I was led to believe. Remember I was on an old 747 - different from the 777. The service was fine - it was the food quantity and quality that I was surprised about considering the great reviews I had read.

Your other point is pertinent. I am not used to N American airlines and I suspect that many on here are N Americans who have had to put up with sh8t standards for so long and just accept them without complaining. Then when they find something better, they think other people's complaints are just whining. I usually travel with EVA or Emirates so I have a good standard to compare with. I agree I paid a good price at about 30,500 baht pp return for Economy but that was unusual and most of the time I had quotes of up to more than 70,000 baht (check their web site). This is higher than EVA and completely unjustified in my opinion when I consider my experience with them.

My main complaint directly to the airline was about the way the aircraft was managed during flight and the lack of communication to passengers, not the food etc that I have included in my review in the original message. If people on here don't want to accept what I found then that's up to them - but they shouldn't whinge about my pointing out the faults I found - I am telling it as it is.

Edited by Card

I flew BKK-ICN-YVR with Korean several months ago, and was very impressed with the whole experience, exceptional attention to safety by the cabin-crew and good food on both legs, I'd certainly try to use them again in future.

The B777-300 from Incheon to Vancouver was excellent, we certainly didn't have a B747, as the OP did.

Perhaps he was just unlucky ?

If you really want your complaint about the flaps to be taken seriously you may need write to airlines safety manager or chief pilot ( don't know the exact tittles for these people). They will pull all the data for the flight and examine what you are referring to. A regular complaint to the airline may be dealt with by some young person who just copies and pastes various paragraphs apologizing. They may not pass the flap issue to pilots department.

Or send it recorded to the boss of Korean Airlines. He will pass it on relevant people who will investigate it fully and fast and then report back to his office. The CEO then should respond back to you.

If you really want your complaint about the flaps to be taken seriously you may need write to airlines safety manager or chief pilot ( don't know the exact tittles for these people). They will pull all the data for the flight and examine what you are referring to. A regular complaint to the airline may be dealt with by some young person who just copies and pastes various paragraphs apologizing. They may not pass the flap issue to pilots department.

Or send it recorded to the boss of Korean Airlines. He will pass it on relevant people who will investigate it fully and fast and then report back to his office. The CEO then should respond back to you.

I have emailed them and I will wait to see what they have to say. How can I find the contact details for the safety manager?