Disappointed with Korean Air

Card

If you really want your complaint about the flaps to be taken seriously you may need write to airlines safety manager or chief pilot ( don't know the exact tittles for these people). They will pull all the data for the flight and examine what you are referring to. A regular complaint to the airline may be dealt with by some young person who just copies and pastes various paragraphs apologizing. They may not pass the flap issue to pilots department.

Or send it recorded to the boss of Korean Airlines. He will pass it on relevant people who will investigate it fully and fast and then report back to his office. The CEO then should respond back to you.

I have emailed them and I will wait to see what they have to say. How can I find the contact details for the safety manager?

Emails quite often get ignored as they are easy to send and the airline will receive too many to answer. Traditional letter will get more respect and should be replied to. I would google the current CEO and send the complaint via him. The Pilots Manager will then get asked by the CEO's office to check it out. Because it came via the CEO it will be done asap. Thats how it would work at a normal airline. Send it recorded with the bosses name on it and title to Seoul not Bangkok.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Pulled down the flaperons at full height'? I very much doubt it.

Are you sure that you don't mean that the pilot deployed the spoilers? They look a bit like flaps but are extended from the top surface of the wing, rather than the trailing edge. Spoilers are commonly used to reduce altitude quickly while preventing acceleration if a pilot is too high for the glide slope .... they do make a buffeting sound, but they are perfectly safe.

At last someone who is writing about my main complaint. I know what a flaperon is and I know what the smaller spoilers are and it was the flaperons that were suddenly pulled out at full speed and height. I also don't need to be a trained pilot to know that it wasn't an appropriate quick action to do before the engines are slowed, just as i don't need to have a degree in the English language to know when some on here are writing crap.

That's why the kind of grating sound was heard and the plane jarred and dropped about 5000 ft very quickly before the flaperons were pulled back again. That's the second time I heard screaming by some passengers.

Oops,..wrong thread

Edited by Inn Between

I hate moaning cheapskates. I had a friend of friend who moaned and complained in a thai restaurant i.e. couldn't eat this or that.. it was too expensive.. annoyed the waiters too and ruined our meal. Then seemed unable to hail a cab back to his hotel, some kind of need of attention issue

No second chances with people like this

Edited by fish fingers