Buriram province rai price

liveforever

Good morning,

I would be grateful if anyone could help regarding the land price in buriram province. We have been offered 5 rai of good quality rice farm land approx 15 kilo Northwest of prakon chai. The land is family owned and being offered to us at 200,000 baht. If anyone has any thoughts on this I would be most obliged.

Kind regards

Edited by liveforever

As I say I don't know the area, but if it has good legal access, and full title, I'd say it's a bargain. If it is on a hard survive road and has electricity nearby, it's a steal. I remember 6 years ago thinking ฿50,000 for a Rai was too much. Two days later a guy from Taiwan bought it. Today in my area Roi-et, Mukdahan, Kalasin corner, ฿50,000 no title seems to be the low side.

The Title is important before your wife buys the land. If you want to farm on the land then access to water would seem crucial. If you want to build on the land, then access to PEA power for the size of meter you will need is a consideration. If there is money owed on the land, that can be paid off at the Land Office when you go to have your wife buy the land in her name, Not uncommon for money to be owed, but it is a commonly solved all at the same time if you have the money to pay for the land from the legal owner.

At that price (coupled with the area), if I was a betting man, I would put my money on it being Gov't land, that technically cant be sold, never mind the Thais buy and sell it everyday.

Ask for a photo of the land deed, what colour Garuda does it have, red, green or black?

What makes this piece of land so special and why the need to buy at the present?

Edited by rgs2001uk

13 years ago I bought 5 rai on the outskirts of the village where I live in Southern Buriram. It had eucalyptus planted at the time. The owner was desperate to sell. I got it for 40K baht. Today it has power and water running past and it is on a tarmac road, my wife has full chanote title. If we wanted to sell (which we don't) we woudn't consider any offer under half a million baht.

Location is most important; is it nearby the (concrete) road? Is electricity and water available? The best you can do is go to the Land Office in Prakhon Chai...they will give you a firm idea of the price compared to the area.

200,000 divided with 5 equals 40,000 baht a rai.

I know about prices in neighboring Surin province, and going price for farmland (Sor Por Kor or lower, not Chanote) is from 40,000 to 50,000 a rai; prime farmland may be more. Even land with only tax receipt as documentation is traded in the 40k range.

Chanote farmland is up around 80,000 to 100,000 a rai; perhaps more some places, depending of location.

Thx for replies. It's certainly rice land and has been in family for generations.

Title, access and mods are all in order.

Yes but what title does it have?

Is it chanote?

If it is sor bor kor then it is priced about right maybe with a 5 to 10Kthb per rai discount.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

Another thing to check carefully is if there is any non registered debt against the property.

As you drive around that part of Isaan you will see small billboards stuck up advertising 1.25% nut on 100KTHB borrowed and payments as low as 49THB per day. The 1.25 is PER MONTH by the way.

These are the sales and marketing of the local loan sharks. If they have an interest on the property, it will not appear on the deed.

They will not chase you in court for their money. They will just kill you.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

Thx for replies. It's certainly rice land and has been in family for generations.

Rice land some 5kms north of Prakhonchai is being traded regularly at around 200,000baht/rai

If you don't want it please let me know.

Rice land some 5kms north of Prakhonchai is being traded regularly at around 200,000baht/rai

Everybody thinks their going to get another I-Mobile Stadium built on the property.whistling.gif

Everybody thinks their going to get another I-Mobile Stadium built on the property.whistling.gif

I paid 85,000 Baht per rai for 23 rai south of PKC some 7 years ago. If khun Newin wants to buy it for a new training ground, I am open to offers. :)

Our neighbours reckon their sister who lives nearby sold 8 rai for 3 million Baht....... ............. I wish.... maybe they discovered oil ???

I know about prices in neighboring Surin province, and going price for farmland (Sor Por Kor or lower, not Chanote) is from 40,000 to 50,000 a rai; prime farmland may be more. Even land with only tax receipt as documentation is traded in the 40k range.

Chanote farmland is up around 80,000 to 100,000 a rai; perhaps more some places, depending of location.

I too live in Surin and to get farmland with chanote that would be in that 80 to 100k a rai then thats well out in the boondocks. Selling around Boorasea for 600 plus a rai and half way to Lamduan is approx 3 to 400k a rai.

Having a full chanote is everything. I (sorry my wife) owns four parcels of land in this area (all paid for by me of course). She has full chanote on all four properties. If you look at the chanote paper you will see a drawing of the land precisely described, meter by meter giving the exact size of the plot. Ask your wife to translate the ownership details of the adjoining land, it's written there.

In all four plots tha my wife owns trhere is not one plot that has a full chanote adjoining hers. That means that they haven't bothered to register, ownership is disputed, the land has been mortgaged or some other problem. That means that if my wife should want to sell any of this land she would probably get at least twice as much as a similar plot without a chanote

Today a falang friend of mine came to see me and told me that he had just bought 17 rai near my village. He paid 2.2 million baht, it's just paddy presently under sugar cane - not suitable for buildings. I know I've seen It. He got it cheap, full chanote, owner deeply in debt. This lnd is about 25 klicks from where the OP stays.

200K at todays prices for 5 rai is a steal - buy it.

Location is most important; is it nearby the (concrete) road? Is electricity and water available? The best you can do is go to the Land Office in Prakhon Chai...they will give you a firm idea of the price compared to the area.

Yep. And if it is a screaming bargain they will feed you some BS and buy it themselves.

I too live in Surin and to get farmland with chanote that would be in that 80 to 100k a rai then thats well out in the boondocks. Selling around Boorasea for 600 plus a rai and half way to Lamduan is approx 3 to 400k a rai.

Thanks. My price check is close to Surin town and considered prime land – I checked price-level some 6 month ago, as I have chanote land there. If that’s so, 600k plus a rai, then prices has gone up 15-fold in about 10 years, and some 6-fold within the last year. Even 300k to 400k make a 10-fold rise over 10 years. However location and size of plot may make a difference.
In that price level it’s hard to see farming-economy with a gross income in the level 10k to 15k a rai for rice, or some 2k a year for land rent.

Thanks. My price check is close to Surin town and considered prime land – I checked price-level some 6 month ago, as I have chanote land there. If that’s so, 600k plus a rai, then prices has gone up 15-fold in about 10 years, and some 6-fold within the last year. Even 300k to 400k make a 10-fold rise over 10 years. However location and size of plot may make a difference.
In that price level it’s hard to see farming-economy with a gross income in the level 10k to 15k a rai for rice, or some 2k a year for land rent.

a gross income in the level 10k to 15k a rai for rice,

How about a net income level of 3k baht per rai per year for rice.

At the price the OP is paying, it will take him at least 15 years to recover his money, if he is lucky.

These prices are unsustainable, everyone wants to get rich quick.

I was told the same story 20+ years ago, oh the Japanese and Koreans are coming, buy the land today, make big profit tomorrow.

The land I was offered (in Nakon Nowhere) is as worthless in real terms as it was 20 years ago.

The land I bought in Sth Australia has increaed in real terms.