Falun Gong wins right to organize in Thailand

webfact

Falun Gong Wins Right to Organize in Thailand
By Khaosod English

14388421401438842316l.jpg
Falun Gong members protest in Bangkok against the Chinese Communist Party's "atrocities" in July 2011. Photo: Falunthai.org

BANGKOK — A decade after being denied the right to form an association in Thailand, a religious group banned in mainland China has been granted that right by a Thai court.

Falun Gong, a spiritual movement started two decades ago in China before being banned, prevailed in its lawsuit against the Ministry of Interior Affairs,which first rejected its application in 2005 on the grounds it might damage Thailand’s relationship with China, according to the verdict posted today.

“People naturally have the freedom to practice their faiths, and their actions are protected under the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand, unless those actions contradict with citizens’ duties or violate peace and order or the good morality of the people,” the verdict reads.

The Communist Chinese regime outlawed Falun Gong in 1999, saying the group was a dangerous cult that was inciting disturbances and “jeopardizing social stability.” Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a highly organized international movement with an aggressive media operation. It publicizes what it describes as persecution and abuse by Chinese authorities and leads frequent protests at their missions around the world.

Three Thai Falun Gong members filed their lawsuit in 2010 on the grounds the society would only engage in lawful activities, like advocating Falun Gong beliefs and promoting holistic health practices.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1438842140

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-06

"Back to the doghouse (or frog-house) for you! I thought you loved me? Why? Why? Oh the agony! This is too much for me" cried Miss Piggy.

Is this a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing?

Edited by toybits

"Back to the doghouse (or frog-house) for you! I thought you loved me? Why? Why? Oh the agony! This is too much for me" cried Miss Piggy.

What on earth do you mean? smile.png

Can I have some of what you are on? Seems pretty good stuff ?

Can I have some of what you are on? Seems pretty good stuff ?

The mushrooms are good up North.

Falun Gong are active in HK and do their morning work outs facing the Mainland just to give them the Sh!!ts, however China will protest to the Thai embassy in Beijing with all their pomp and glory , China protests about anything that's not to their liking , you out to hear the cries of anguish when the Aussies hold joint exercise with the 5 eye's, they have a strange sense of freedom , anyway back to Falun Gong , maybe they might form a political party and put some sense into a system that has lacked common sense for at least 15 years., does that make sense. coffee1.gif