Managing tax in Thailand question

Hello all,

I'm expecting a large payout from my company this month and assume I will be over-taxed for this as it's all coming in a lump sum payment.

Do I have the right to request that my company not withhold my tax so I may pay it myself or through an accountant? If not I will have to wait until next year to claim the extra tax back through my tax return.

Any advice here would be very much appreciated.

I usually calculate my own tax and tell them what I want deducted, However my arrangement is probably not like yours.

It would be fair to ask your payroll clerk to calculate your tax liability based on your salary + lump sum to date, and deduct only what is the difference between tax liability to date - tax already paid.

This may leave you paying a relatively higher tax rate for the remaining months of the year as remaining income will be subject to the higher tax thresholds.

You could always ask that it is paid as a bonus and that they tax you at the 3% rate as a service/professional fee. They might do it.

If they do then if there is a difference owing you will find out when you submit your PND91.

Is it worth looking at LTF's?