Warning on riding busses

Robert64

I cant think why the conductor would have been filming this, doesnt seem to be anything unusual there.

I would like to ask this though; what is with the leg spreaders?

Had this a few times, got on a bus, people standing, although one seat vacant next to some richardHead with legs spread near 90 degrees, so that one leg is taking over a good portion of the seat next to him?

Is not like they were fat either..i dont get it, some kind of overcompensating statement?

basic body language is displaying genitalia to oppposite sex

covering up with arm is sign of submissive behasviour.

however I suspect that splayed legs may help in heat exchange.

Therefore, if I understand you well, every person being in Thailand, for whatever duration / reason, should speak Thai?

Interesting concept!

cheesy.gif

Nothing to do with being a foreigner - I bet it's because you spoke English to her.

When you are illiterate or expect a Thai bus conductor to speak English, you deserve being treated as a buffoon.

I don't know if some people are trolling, but I take the bus mostly because my GF taught me the routes and taxis often don't understand where I want to go. Also where I live (Ramkhamheang) the traffic is almost 24/7, so taking a taxi is not always convenient. Now that I justified my cheapness to hi-so farang, I must say that I also never experienced anything similar to this. As a matter of fact if a conductor sees the empty seat they will often point me towards it to sit down.

SO definitely strange.

I was once on the bus with a foreign guy who sat in the aisle seat and crossed his leg over so that his foot was sticking out into the aisle. After having to walk up and down a few times, the ticket lady stopped her muttering, took hold of the leg and planted his foot firmly on the floor. Maybe the OP did something similar?

Because she filmed the whole thing, it probably means you're about to become a Thai social media sensation.

Edited by KhaoNiaw

I don't take a lot of busses but not averse. Used to take a busfrom mrt to school where I worked. A week ago had to take a bus to tax office but vould have taken a taxi bfd.

Never had any issue riding busses or public transport here in twenty five years. Maybe you look weird snd smell bad.

There is no concrpt that farang don't belong on busses although the ones with luggage I want to beat with a rake.

Have rode the bus 1,000s of times and nothing close to this has ever happened. And If there's no monk on the bus, anyone can have that seat.

can anyone corroborate your 1,000s of journeys?

No. The driver maybe. But I'm not sure why someone would make that up.

Have rode the bus 1,000s of times and nothing close to this has ever happened. And If there's no monk on the bus, anyone can have that seat.

can anyone corroborate your 1,000s of journeys?

No. The driver maybe. But I'm not sure why someone would make that up.

some people are compulsive liars, they don't even know they do it themselves but remain in a deluded state even lying to themselves.

if the driver can corrobrate that its ok, however I would want the pool of drivers to be larger than one, and assume occasionally during the 1 or the 3.6 or the 2 and 0.6 journeys per day or more overt the past 2 years you've had more than one driver?