Visa Expiring But Work Wants 2 Weeks More

Hello,

I'm here on a 3 month contract, which comes to an end on the 19th. I came in on a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa which was being converted to a work permit.

As I declined a 3 month extension to my contract they stopped processing the work permit as I would no longer need it. However, my company have now started a charm offensive to make me stay at least an extra two weeks, which would take me 3 weeks over my visa, and as my work permit is not done even staying to the end of my contract takes me a week over.

I've got my baby with me, 7 huge bags and now a cot and pram, so any trip is a huge problem for me - leaving the country is something I'm trying to avoid.

I'm also responsible for an australian nanny who's with me. She came in on a 60 day tourist visa, which we've already extended once at Chiang Mai, and so it also expires on the 13th April.

What can we do? Can I get my visa extended at the immigration office in Surat Thani (which is where we are now), or do I have to go to Bangkok? Can my nanny further extend hers or do I have to pay for her to do a visa run (and send her to Malaysia on her own!) ?

Any help gratefully received!

Louisgirl

They'll probably extend you a few weeks but be careful you have been working without a WP. The other lady is unlikely to get another extension unless you can dream up a good excuse. You can use Surat Immigration. Watch out for Songkran holidays. Nanny expires on a public holiday.

I would say both of you need to do a border run. You will get another 90 days, and Nanny will get 30 days on return. Ranong border crossing would be nearest. Use the search button on this forum for border trips to Ranong.