“Son of Police Officer” caught with gun at South Pattaya Police Checkpoint

Lite Beer

I have stated previously Thailand is becoming more like America every day in the week a gun society . I think anyone carrying a gun should be taught a lesson .

Agreed... My Brother In Law was caught a few years ago.

He had 2 Hand Guns, a Shot Gun and a Rifle (with scope for target shooting)... He likes target shooting and is pretty good.

All guns are registered, the hand guns registered for business purposes as he transports cash to the bank from the family factory.

The daft lad went out to a night club and valet parked his car. Just before the valet drove off my BIL changed his shoes from the boot, the Valet saw the Guns in their cases. When my BIL picked up his car the Police were there.

His penalty: 10,000 baht charge and to check in with the station every month for a year - Thats it (perhaps because FIL got involved).

However, he has learnt his lesson, he no longer carries his Gun unless transporting money to or from the bank, or travelling to the Gun Club.

This has also come with the additional benefit that he no longer Drives under the influence as he has no desire for further hassle with the police.

So... Lesson Learnt... But it does worry me to consider there are so many emotionally challenged young men driving around with a Gun in their car.

Like I have posted before. Most of you have no clus as to how many Thais carry sidearms. Nor do a lot of people know how many people are shot or shot and killed here. The media only reports a small number.

And you are so clued up because your reliable information from exactly where?

I have stated previously Thailand is becoming more like America every day in the week a gun society . I think anyone carrying a gun should be taught a lesson .

Get real. Thailand has more than double the gun murder rate that the US has. LINK

Thailand's just isn't obsessed about on TVF the way it is about the US.

The US has a strong anti-gun pro gun control lobby. Not as strong as the NRA and Second Amendment supporters maybe but still substantial.

Thailand doesn't. There's no real discussions in the media (under any government) or groups protesting. Real guns are expensive, and the rich elite types feel they are above any laws anyway so having a gun is a status symbol as well as pandering to their ego. I have one very wealthy friend who is a better shot than me with a 9 mm automatic or .357 revolver, trains at Muay Thai and other martial arts, attends knife and stick fighting seminars and she, yes she, is known for her quick temper and aggressive temperament when it snaps.

She has several close long time girl friends, all do similar activities, all late 20's. Not just a problem with Thai men.

Like I have posted before. Most of you have no clus as to how many Thais carry sidearms. Nor do a lot of people know how many people are shot or shot and killed here. The media only reports a small number.

If they are not reported how would you know about all these other killings that the rest of us are not privileged to know about?

Do you have any clue about how many Thais have guns, why not tell us instead of all the suspense?

• 2 weeks later...

I knew an 83 year old Englishman in CM who had a beautiful 38 revolver, western style, chrome polished with a walnut wood handle plus ammo. I asked him where he got it from, ''bought it from a high ranking police officer for 40,000 Baht'' He kept it at home for safety, it obviously wasn't registered so if he ever had cause to use it he is in the doo doo big time.