Can my Thai Wife Divorce me?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replying to: Can my Thai Wife Divorce me? The Answer: With all due respect, if you picked the right Thai women - there is no sane reason to even ask that rhetorical QUESTION. You can't prove me wrong on this issue - you certainly could on lots of other issues though I'll bet.

I asked that of my solicitor in Aussie after my ex wife banged someone and then dumped me..surely this is wrong, I've been wrongly done bye..that sort of conversation.

He laughed his head off, told me it did not matter at all what she did, could do and would do in the future. After everything she did she would still be entitled to a lions share of the divorce settlement.

Anyway he was right, she got a shit load and left.

Can any wife divorce you..yes. Even if you are nice to her..yes.

Same here as everywhere...

I wish people would simply answer the question and not be so negative

Of course she can divorce you, she can go to court and divorce you no real reasons needed. just not compatible. The same goes for other countries.

She cant divorce you in the amphur because you don't agree (if people agree you can divorce easy there)

Take a look at the Thai CCC. Reasons for a contested divorce Can be found in Sec 1516 and how you describe the situation it will be difficult for her to divorce you.

Difficult.. not impossible.. else woman would be slaves to men. I highly doubt it, if she wants to divorce she can.. maybe its hard but possible for sure.

Take a look at the Thai CCC. Reasons for a contested divorce Can be found in Sec 1516 and how you describe the situation it will be difficult for her to divorce you.

Difficult.. not impossible.. else woman would be slaves to men. I highly doubt it, if she wants to divorce she can.. maybe its hard but possible for sure.

Maybe you read my post again. I said "difficult" not impossible.

Yes but he was asking if it was possible.. difficult is still possible. So you were not answering the question.

She can if she want divorce him, difficult or not it can be done and no man can ever stop his wife from divorcing him.

Yes but he was asking if it was possible.. difficult is still possible. So you were not answering the question.

She can if she want divorce him, difficult or not it can be done and no man can ever stop his wife from divorcing him.

I can't see your point. I said exactly what you are desperately trying to say. I said "difficult" like you and my " difficult" means " not impossible" like your " ...it can be done. And if you think you answered the question of the OP then I did it too.

I can't see your point. I said exactly what you are desperately trying to say. I said "difficult" like you and my " difficult" means " not impossible" like your " ...it can be done. And if you think you answered the question of the OP then I did it too.

" difficult is still possible" is what you wrote yourself, so where is the problem?

I wish people would simply answer the question and not be so negative

If you both agree you can be divorced very quick and easy, Why would anyone want to stay with someone who wants them to go,

Money not having to pay out or loose the house. Stuff like that. (can't see an other reason myself)

I don't like the devorce law. I want people who cheat will not get anything from marriage.

If woman will get money and also new guy then almost all family were set to be doom.

I don't like my generation. Kid from divorce parents everywhere. And usually it's because of mom initiate the break up cuz she can have her ex feed her money and also have sex with new guy.

I don't like law that will benefit people who cheat.

I just complain lol nothing about topic

Good luck

Can my Thai wife divorce me if I have been good to her and done nothing wrong?

If I support her, never cheat, and she has no good reason can she legally divorce me?

We live in Thailand

Thanks

If she is threatening you with divorce and you've only been married for a short time ......just get divorced. She's not the right person for you.

If a man divorces his wife and she is mainly in the wrong, ie, desertion, adultery. She won't automatically be able to get the 50-50 split of the house sales, belongings etc, it can go to court,

but the judge is not likely to award the 50-50 split, if the wife committed adultery, etc, and the husband has always been good to her.

I know from experience, but that is under Scottish law, and there are no children. Other countries laws may differ.

I guess the OP has never heard of the term "irreconcilable differences". Women don't divorce their spouses just for the sake of doing so; I would bet that the OP's wife has found a new sugar-daddy.

You're saying more about yourself and the type of relationships you have (or don't have) than about the O/P.

What a ridiculous post

She can do what she wants

It sounds like she is finished with you & you're trying to hold on

Sounds like an age gap thing plus she's got what she wants already

Divorce her butt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the UK, it is/was with both parties consent after been apart for two years, if only one party consented, it is/ was five years.

If she wants to divorce you she does not love you. So why would you want to fight it? Do you really want to stay with a woman that does not care about you?

Does anyone really believe that the old guy with the thirty years younger wife cares for him? If she does it will only be for financial reasons, she won't love him.

Edited by possum1931