SURVEY: Will political upheaval return to Thailand?

Scott

Will political turmoil return to Thailand with Suthep Thaugsuban's return to political activism?  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with the Junta and how they came to power but that question made me think about my kids and the prospect of future conflict and upheavel . Whats best for them . No vote and freedom of speech or a country with both and in turmoil, not a great choice either way

As Ronald Reagan said: BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON! From my reckoning it's time to change those diapers as some of them have been around for too many years now.

If I recall, Reagan was wearing diapers ( or depends ) at the time and Nancy and her astrologer were calling the shots!cheesy.gif

Quote "The upheaval however will be result of unhappy, out of business, hungry and disillusioned men on the street". This is not the receipt for Thailand only it will be a world wide upheaval. A warning sign is the fact that people are showing their discontent by backing "The Donald" in opinion polls. Right wing parties have no solutions except to take away women's rights over their bodies which is sacred right after SS. Left wing parties are winning around the globe but unfortunately like Greece the politicos are not listening to the people. This is a receipt for disaster. This is the last hurrah for many people who again and again look to politics for change and it ain't ever going to happen. You the people do not control politicians Big Business does.

Thanks for quoting me, ElGordo, and I believe you are correct - this is not reduced to Thailand! The gap between poor and super rich is getting wider by the day, and with arrogant, blind and deaf politicians worldwide sitting in their ivory towers, counting the cash the big corporations pay them, thinking they are untouchable, it all will end in tears and blood. History will repeat itself. It always does.

Ivory towers, corporate payoffs, untouchable politicians....Thailand is becoming more like the U.S. every day!

....history is a great teacher.

Unfortunately, history is the one subject Thai kids don't learn very well. Never mind world history, Thai history alone would solve some problems. They are bound to repeat the mistakes of their past and never truly evolve in any field.

Exactly! My g/f's two kids tell me what a wonderful man Suthep is. When i ask them why, they don't know. This is politics in the south.

As Ronald Reagan said: BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON! From my reckoning it's time to change those diapers as some of them have been around for too many years now.

If I recall, Reagan was wearing diapers ( or depends ) at the time and Nancy and her astrologer were calling the shots!cheesy.gif

SO! can you please explain what this has to do with Suthep, Thaksin or Prayuth Thanking you in advance.

Its not Suthep,we need to worry about,its the other guy

in the desert or wherever he is,if he brings his red thugs

out again,they are the ones that resort to violence,with

bombs,bullets,and rocket launchers,and don't forget arson.

Peace will never occur in Thailand until the megalomaniac

no longer walks the earth.

regards Worgeordie

Seriously!!! When will you people wake up that crying the wolf in Dubai just isn't working any more...

Mark is a political cripple, but if he had some ball's [real policies for ALL Thailand not just BKK] he could stand a chance and win an election rather than having the job handed to him on a silver platter like last time and most things in his very very privileged silver spoon life...

Suthep and the current self imposed PM are a political nightmare, They are both megalomaniac's, full of self importance, ignorance, and completely unaware that their ivory towers will come crashing down sooner or latter.

You can only push people so far, then they will push back, history is a great teacher.

Good grief man - stop with your red-shirt communist revolution claptrap and wake up. Thailand is a better place now than it was when Pheu-Thai were murdering protestors and stealing everything they could get their dirty hands on.

And do you actually believe that Mr T is not still pulling all the strings for Pheu-Thai and the red-shirts ?. Or are you just being a hypocrite ?. And hyena would be a better description than wolf.

WOW!!! Don't get your knickers in a twist Popit, (EnglishJohn,) settle down now, there there,,, Ok lets address your lil rant.

1. "red-shirt communist claptrap" Please educate us in your infinite wisdom, just where in my comment would it be considered "communist"?

2. "Thailand is in a better place now than it was when Pheu-Thai were murdering protestors and stealing everything they could get their dirty hands on".

So you have proof irrefutable that that the Pheu-Thai were murdering protestors??? I think not... but lets see your evidence!!!!!

But I do seem to recall the military was sent in and soldiers shooting protestors, and journalists being shot as well.

As for stealing, well Yeah Politician, = Liar & thief, But not all of them, a little like the BIB IMO.

3. Mr T. pulling strings, your kidding right? The man is a power broker, that's what they do... The question is what strings and with whom? also just how much pull he has got?

4. "Or are you a hypocrite? Just where in my post did I say anything, ANYTHING, that is hypocritical.

Considering the political history of this country, well it's fairly good odds that there will be upheaval,

Just what will be the catalyst next time and how far will it go?

But China is communist, and leading the world.

Maybe the ethnic-Chinese of Thailand need to take note. One can apparently be a billionaire and a communist!wai2.gif

Quote "The upheaval however will be result of unhappy, out of business, hungry and disillusioned men on the street". This is not the receipt for Thailand only it will be a world wide upheaval. A warning sign is the fact that people are showing their discontent by backing "The Donald" in opinion polls. Right wing parties have no solutions except to take away women's rights over their bodies which is sacred right after SS. Left wing parties are winning around the globe but unfortunately like Greece the politicos are not listening to the people. This is a receipt for disaster. This is the last hurrah for many people who again and again look to politics for change and it ain't ever going to happen. You the people do not control politicians Big Business does.

Thanks for quoting me, ElGordo, and I believe you are correct - this is not reduced to Thailand! The gap between poor and super rich is getting wider by the day, and with arrogant, blind and deaf politicians worldwide sitting in their ivory towers, counting the cash the big corporations pay them, thinking they are untouchable, it all will end in tears and blood. History will repeat itself. It always does.

Ivory towers, corporate payoffs, untouchable politicians....Thailand is becoming more like the U.S. every day!

Monkey see monkey do things are no different in civilization than in the jungle. We are after all members of the primate family tree.

....history is a great teacher.

Unfortunately, history is the one subject Thai kids don't learn very well. Never mind world history, Thai history alone would solve some problems. They are bound to repeat the mistakes of their past and never truly evolve in any field.

Exactly! My g/f's two kids tell me what a wonderful man Suthep is. When i ask them why, they don't know. This is politics in the south.

Its the same as the mentality that flourished in the West a century ago. If a father voted for particular party the whole family did and his children when grown up kept up the tradition. People are starting to look at what politicians are offering today but sadly the choice of a political party is limited to only a couple and their meagre offerings are all similar in nature. Politico's keep spouting the message long hard and often whether its true or not.