Monitor lizards.

Sorry about posting poo. Although you can sometimes come across quit a lot of it on forums.

If I have managed to post the picture, can anyone identify this? A couple of months ago I had a monitor lizard in the garden which I thought was just passing through. For the last week my dog has gone barking mad during the evening and night. I wonder if the lizard has taken a liking to my place?

post-189901-0-13790100-1439124120_thumb.

post-189901-0-61161000-1439124175_thumb.

Funny you should say that,10 days ago sitting on the veranda of our house having breakfast, when at the front of the house ,next to the road ,walked past ,a 5 ft. Monitor lizard.

This morning at about the same time ,and place ,he/she walked past again, not knowing about the life cycle of Monitor lizards, do they have regular route they take, and at the same time.

It was nice to see ,but 2 days ago my neighbour said one of his new ducks was missing, he only has 6 ,was it the ML ,or as my missus said our dog going out at nights, she has been known to chase chickens, but no feathers have been found, which makes us think it was ML.

As for the poo looks a bit small for a ML ,unless it is a young one.

Funny you should say that,10 days ago sitting on the veranda of our house having breakfast, when at the front of the house ,next to the road ,walked past ,a 5 ft. Monitor lizard.

This morning at about the same time ,and place ,he/she walked past again, not knowing about the life cycle of Monitor lizards, do they have regular route they take, and at the same time.

It was nice to see ,but 2 days ago my neighbour said one of his new ducks was missing, he only has 6 ,was it the ML ,or as my missus said our dog going out at nights, she has been known to chase chickens, but no feathers have been found, which makes us think it was ML.

It is about four inches long.I believe they will eat anything.

Edited by Gandtee

Monitor lizards are formidable hunters, "reptilian cats," as they say. Several years ago, we had a new litter of four kittens disappear one by one. And we had seen monitor lizards around from time to time. The last kitten in the litter was old enough to be neutered. We found him one morning dead, his head and neck wet with saliva, and we reasoned that the lizard had tried to swallow him but couldn't get the shoulders through its throat. Because our cats were all neutered by this time, we had no more kittens around, and we haven't seen a monitor lizard at home since. I think they went elsewhere for prey.

I enjoy watching and photographing monitor lizards and usually take a walk around Lumpini park to do so when I am in the area.

I usually run into piles of duck feathers that I assume are leftovers from a lizzard's meal.

My assumption may be wrong, but if there are no feathers around, maybe it someone else doing the killing?

A couplepost-147745-0-49713300-1439161330_thumb.post-147745-0-86553900-1439161374_thumb. of my photos from the park: