Hua Hin horse shit

element555

Dear all,

I'm confuse, sad, desperate... I have lived near by the sea almost all my life, surfing , snorkeling, fishing, i really love the sea... Since a year i have drop my bags and we settled with my wife and kid in Hua Hin. I already planed to leave : what's the point to leave near by the sea if you can't swim or enjoy the beach ?

After a year going to the beach almost everyday with my daughter i have this sad feeling that sea reflects what "we" have done to the oceans but even more here than other beaches i had the chance to visit in Thailand or in Asia.

- Plastic bags: I stayed in Rayong before and it was worst than Hua Hin, but it's a global issue.

- Jellyfish : I have speak with locals and it's getting worst and worst : Global warming, overfishing (natural predators)... no matter what is the reason the jellyfish are here off season now : I have swim almost everyday and i can testify that you get some stings sensations even during the months when the jellyfish are not suppose to show up. You can even see it washed up on the shore. Of course it's not the box jellyfish or any strong poisonous jelly but it's still very unpleasant place to swim at any time of the year. It's really sad because despite the unclear water, hua hin is OK beach for kids and family. I feel really sorry for families and people who has saved for long time to come here and can't swim. I think thai and locals don't mind or somehow figured out how to deal with the problem: they swim with jeans and long sleeves (on banaboat towed by a jetski;)

During the rain season, just forget about it. it's impossible to go in the water.

-Sandflies or whatever it is : Everyday i comeback home with bites i got when i stay on the sand or enter in the water. I'm not the only one , i see tourists scratching and having read marks on their back. Some people told me that it is sandflies but i'm not 100% about that. It bites me when i enter in the water most of the time, on the back, belly , arms, It create an itchy sensation immediately, then it fades gradually. Then around 12-24H after it's itchy as hell and last for around 2-3 days ===> Tips : T-shirt and coconuts oil help to prevents from the bites, but just help. This issue is also from my experience of a daily beach runner, a all year issue and not limited to rainy season from what i could read here and there. I also think i can connect the sandflies problem with the horse and the horse ride business in general. I have noticed that flies are here when horse are around 100% of the time.

- Horse shit: I don't understand these cowboys : this is their business, the beach IS their office(working place): if tourism stops because of dirty beach, there will be no more horse riding business... Why don't they collect/ take care of the horse shit bags, it's all over the beach ??!!! This horse riding business is a huge problem for the beach in my opinion : it is contaminating the beach water ponds and children plays inside and swallow the water !! I have took away some of these horse shit bags, sometimes obviously 2-3 days marinated in the sea... (and other garbages) and brought to the Soi nearby where there is some garbage. PLEASE PLEASE HUA HIN TOWN HALL TAKE CARE OF THIS !! DEAL WITH THE HORSE RIDING BUSINESS AND INSTALL GARBAGE AND COLLECT SERVICES FROM CHA-AM TO TAKIAB !!

Your business and the seashore is dying if not dead already! It's not because weekend whisky drinkers or some Chinese tourists seems to deal with all this that people does not talk and share their feed back online.

I'm sorry to say this but it's a fact : Hua Hin Cha- am cost are not recommandable places for swimming or "farniente". And this at anytime of the year. People if you read this, if you plan to come for the sea on holiday just pick another destination !!!

post-239633-0-59815100-1439126726_thumb.

post-239633-0-26784700-1439126748_thumb.

post-239633-0-25712100-1439126774_thumb.

post-239633-0-00848500-1439126998_thumb.

post-239633-0-14066300-1439127014_thumb.

post-239633-0-27629400-1439127024_thumb.

I feel your pain. Thai people don't seem to care about the effects of their acts on the environment. Especially when making money is concerned. It has a lot to do with education or lack of it. The awareness of taking care of the environment is not taught, discussed or thought about. What is even more dangerous is the lack of understanding of the effects of their exploitation of the earth. No large trees left here, no more wild animals.and the devastating disregard for the sustainability of the ocean is an economic disaster already to late to turn around. I feel sorry for the future inhabitants of this once great country. But the current inhabitants don't give a rats ass about the planet their children will inherit. Maybe a global push would enable this country to start an awareness initiative. I hope something happens to create a change.

Must agree but when We are in Wah Hin we pick litter up, I ahve sen a few Falang doing this so maybe the Thais could learn ,

We are guests in this country. We shouldn't have to pick up litter, clean horse shit, etc. Let our "hosts" do it.

Edited by mesquite

Must agree but when We are in Wah Hin we pick litter up, I ahve sen a few Falang doing this so maybe the Thais could learn ,

We are guests in this country. We shouldn't have to pick up litter, clean horse shit, etc. Let our "hosts" do it.

This is something we teach in the surf schools in France, if everybody pick up a litter, everyday after the session then it makes a difference... Even if locals here looks at me like i'm a weirdo i don't care

Thanks for all reply it's nice to know i'm not the only one (weirdo) wink.png

Edited by element555

WE do it becasue we can , Its everybody's responsibilities,

OP is spot on. It's been over ten years since I've been to HH and haven't been back. Some nice places along the beach, but the presence of horse shit spoils the day, along with the other garbage. No sense in picking it up, as it's going to be replaced faster than you can remove. It may provide entertainment for the Thais "ha-ha, did you see those farang picking up the horse shit? Eeeww, why they do that?"

This was taken at a beach just south of HH.

post-12743-0-34868100-1439139077_thumb.j

Thailand is centuries behind,hence the working horses wearing nappies in the UK.

The roads are so nice the poor horse can not crap on them,plus the smell ruins your double cheeseburger and chips.

I will stick to Thai Horse crap cheers.post-118612-1439139611466_thumb.jpg

Edited by stoneyboy