Did You First Come to Thailand for the Sex Trade?

NoshowJones

There may well be long term health issues, both physical and mental, from many careers - a professional soldier, window washer, diver, or fireman for example. That decision is up to the individual doing the job to decide.

Indeed. But this thread is about the sex trade - and I was addressing the idea that nobody is being hurt.

I said SB, that most of the time, nobody is being hurt, there are certainly bad people around who do abuse prostitutes,

but they are in the very small minority.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say with such confidence that no one is getting hurt, though? There may well be long term health issues, both physical and mental, from a career in prostitution.

The women are victims of the trade more than of individuals.

People call prostitution a victimless crime, yet the trade ruins the lives millions of women.

Can you say with such confidence that no one is getting hurt, though? There may well be long term health issues, both physical and mental, from a career in prostitution.

People call prostitution a victimless crime, yet the trade ruins the lives millions of women.

True.

But what about the single mums who marry a foreigner and get to move to Sweden, Germany, Australia, America...etc...and live happily everafter, in a nice house, in a first world country?

I used to frequent bars when single and have been admired by many a get rich quickie typos who never once got a drink from me and negotiations started and ended at 100 baht for shortime/longtime, adding that I would provide shelter and daily needs for the ladies in question, I still wonder to this day why I went home alone, not true there many a lass would rather have 100 baht when it gets close to shift end oh yeah and if good maybe a additional 40 baht tip so she gets a taxi home to get some sleep, on the other hand met this regular beach road girl who used to try it on during her regular trips to the beach well ok 1 night I did go with her and darn she guides me to 7 eleven orders 2 beers a pot noodle and that just for her so I gets 1 beer and does what is required of me then off I trot with her in tow but I knew my way home, utoh another 7 eleven 2 more freaking beers ok so she cost me so far 200 baht a tad high me thinks for a beach tart so I suddenly remember that I have to get up early and gets on motorbike taxi and when she shouts money I say tomorrow I pay you 200 baht needless to say tomorrow never came for her but she still occasionally sits and yak yak with me.cheesy.gif

True.

But what about the single mums who marry a foreigner and get to move to Sweden, Germany, Australia, America...etc...and live happily everafter, in a nice house, in a first world country?

What about them? What does one have to do with the other? Are you saying they're prostitutes?

Met wife online 4 years ago and never had a chance to check out bars or pay for sex. We don't live in Thailand now, but we are here now for a vacation.

Not much for online shopping. I like to squeeze the fruit before I buy.

Why buy if you can get a free squeeze?

Met wife online 4 years ago and never had a chance to check out bars or pay for sex. We don't live in Thailand now, but we are here now for a vacation.

good point. What a mistake I made.

I've got a bike, but I still like browsing the bike shops...

Nothing free in this world. So you have never bought your wife gifts, clothes, cars houses. Same same except some people want to be moralistic and pretend otherwise

My Choice in taking protitutes, or as a career as you put it, is my choice. If my decision causes me mental and/or physical issues it is ok, as I chose that path.

So did they.

My Choice in taking protitutes, or as a career as you put it, is my choice. If my decision causes me mental and/or physical issues it is ok, as I chose that path.

So did they.

I don't suppose you've seen the film "Midnight, My Love", about a romance between an elderly taxi driver and a masseuse?

I expect we'll have people on here soon having a go at me for taking advantage of cheap taxi drivers, and asking if I would take a taxi to the office back in The Old Country

SC

Any one of those women could get a job in a factory. And that is what most Thai girls do.

Not very well paid work with long hours and few benefits. Less chance of meeting a farang husband too.
Less chance of paying school fees for their kids, as well

If you could go to any bike shop, ride away with any bike you want, any time you want, as often as you want for as long as you want, which one would you buy?

If you could go to any bike shop, ride away with any bike you want, any time you want, as often as you want for as long as you want, which one would you buy?

It takes a while to get used to a bike. You'll get more satisfaction out of looking after your own bike, and getting the best performance you can, then forever changing, but never getting the set-up right, skimping on maintenance, and buying technology you don't understand.

And don't get me started on whether I wear lycra when I'm out cycling...

It takes a while to get used to a bike. You'll get more satisfaction out of looking after your own bike, and getting the best performance you can, then forever changing, but never getting the set-up right, skimping on maintenance, and buying technology you don't understand.

So you buy one bike and keep it forever.

I've had the same bike for twenty years.

If you've had traumatic relationship makes sense to rent. I own past was a bit of a mess but thankfully passed the trials and transformed due to wife here. Still can't believe and thank Buddha or whoever or whatever.

We all have different roads to travel in life. Makes life interesting. Chok dee.

I came to Thailand as a virgin at age 25. I could not get laid in the U.S(possibly the most anti-sex country on earth). I made my first sex tourism trip to Pattaya and I got the deal done for just 500 baht(short timewink.png ). Well, whole experience transformed my life forever. I eventually found a Thai wife so going to Thailand to get laid ended up being the best decision I ever made.

I always had a bit more respect for myself than that. Not every westerner who comes to Thailand is coming for easy paid sex. Some of us actually just come for work or business then go home. Some of us who aren't derelicts meet decent women, date them then take them back home, marry and have normal families. I know that's hard to believe for many of you but it happens far more than you think.

I always had a bit more respect for myself than that. Not every westerner who comes to Thailand is coming for easy paid sex. Some of us actually just come for work or business then go home. Some of us who aren't derelicts meet decent women, date them then take them back home, marry and have normal families. I know that's hard to believe for many of you but it happens far more than you think.

I don't think anyone is disbelieving you. There are always exceptions, just as many non-derelicts enjoy Thailand's nightlife and bargirls.

I've had the same bike for twenty years.

Yes, but it's not the only one you've ever owned.