If you ate only one dessert every year, what would it be in Pattaya?

Jingthing

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic post removed:

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Oops. OK. Thanks. I will have a look at it. It appears to meet my requirements for both chocolate and a variety of textures including crunch. Or so it appears

It appears to meet my requirements for both chocolate and a variety of textures including crunch. Or so it appears

I particularly like the look of the thing with the Macadamia nuts on it.

Of course it might taste completely ersatz, but that's life.

It appears to meet my requirements for both chocolate and a variety of textures including crunch. Or so it appears

I particularly like the look of the thing with the Macadamia nuts on it.

Of course it might taste completely ersatz, but that's life.

Don't worry. I won't be cursing at you all year that your suggestion led to something ersatz in my mouth. Ersatz happens!

Surely some of the high end restaurants must have some featured desserts. I don't generally go to such places so I wouldn't know the details. Maybe some of you do?

Pastrami On Rye has gateaux that look nice for about 100B each. Is that high-end? They arent exactly spectacular though, and of course you still have the perennial problem of whether they taste as good as they look.

The Holiday Inn (new building) does good discounts on its cakes in the lobby from about 7pm and I seem to remember that the Dusit does something similar. Not tried either of them though. I do remember having some good desserts at the Centara Grand Mirage a while back, and also at the Sheraton and the Royal Cliff.

You should be able to combine a big eatigo discount with one of those. There's no rule about only ordering dessert.

My bet would still be on a 5-star hotel buffet. Taste everything and have some more of the one(s) you like best. All these hotels generally have a good chef patissier.

If your birthday falls on a Saturday just go to the Royal Cliff in the evening and be done with it. And if your birthday doesnt fall on a Saturday, go the Royal Cliff on Saturday anyway. Cant think of a better way to spend 1400B in Pattaya. smile.png

I recall someone on another thread mentioned Pastrami and Rye's cakes are no great shakes. They do look pretty good and of course they focus on more American style choices like carrot cake and N.Y. cheesecake.

Fun fact: Red Velvet cake uses INSECTS.

post-37101-0-14205300-1439304310_thumb.j

Of course Pastrami and Rye is not a high end restaurant.

A higher end restaurant would be something more like Bordeaux Restaurant in South Pattaya.

I just checked their dessert menu though. Pretty standard limited choices for a French restaurant.

I recall Dick's Cafe Jomtien used to have some pretty good carrot cake. Not quite at the one dessert a year level though. Pressure, pressure.

Edited by Jingthing