Sick and Visa

I am a French professor of rollerblading, and i'm 27years old,

I had an accident, a fall of 13 meters in height,

I underwent osteosynthesis L1-L2-L3.

Whenever I explain my situation, I was advised to make a visa because my country is a cold country, i'm sick and i need a medical treatment (My treatment , so would be to stay in Thailand) , but I find nowhere reference to this visa, it would appear that allows to stay in Thailand I think with a 1 year report every three months on the internet.

I own a pension of 37500THB per month (450000THB/year) and my gf Thai works for 10000THB / month (120000THB/year)

Is the senior Visa ?
Or family visa?
I do not know, and I do not know what demarches to get it.

Could you enlighten me?

thanks in advance

post-223482-0-66622400-1439198779_thumb.

Edited by Love66

If you married your girl friend you could get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht a Thai in your name only for 2 months for proof of 40k baht income that can only be yours.

You are to your to get an extension for retirement.

It possible to get up to 90 day extensions for medical care but a doctor must state that you are unable to travel..

There is no long term visa for which you could apply. If you were to marry your girl friend and could demonstrate 40000 Bht/month income or 400,000 Bht in a Thai bank you could apply for an extension of stay based on marriage.

The only other options are to secure legal employment or undertake some form of education.

If you Intend seeking medical care in Thailand it must be appreciated that there is no State funded health care available to foreigners, health insurance or the ability to self fund care is important.

Edited by nowretired

The information I have in Chang Attana:

Arriving in Chang Attana, I explain that I want to definitely get 3 months.
Because I could not go back every 3 months.

She stamps me two months and asks me if I want to meet with the Boss for three months (corruption?).
She told me to direct me to the office L
The office is explained to me that in any case to request a different visa, I have to leave the territory,
She asks me if I want to cancel my ED visa to Laos? I say not.

She also asked me to consult a doctor during my two months
to obtain a certificate to obtain a visa in Laos.

It seems that I can apply for a visa for disease,

And in addition in the future I should do my extensions in Pathum Thani

I do not have more information.

You are to your to get an extension for retirement.

What does that mean ?

Edited by Love66

Medical visas are usually only offered to those who wish to enter Thailand to undergo a pre planned course of treatment within a named hospital facility.

For those already in Thailand an extension of stay may be granted to those whose Doctor certify's an inability to travel.

Ubonjoes comment is a simple typo . What was telling you is that you do not qualify for a "retirement visa" or an extension of stay based on retirement.

A medical extension would be possible if the injury occurred in Thailand and you were undergoing treatment, but with a view to get well enough to be able to travel back to your home country or return to your job, if that's what you had been doing before your injury here in Thailand. And even then, the rules have tightened since the coup so that most Immigration offices require documentation from a doctor practicing at a gov't hospital, not a doctor in private practice at a clinic.

For someone coming into Thailand to pursue medical treatment, usually that is done on a tourist visa and then if that person can't travel as a result of the treatment program, then the hospital will obtain a medical extension for them.

But, a medical extension isn't possible for someone in the OP's condition -- someone who has problems dealing with cold weather and does better in a warmer climate. There are plenty many other warmer climates where someone could live. The idea is that if someone is well enough to travel to get himself into Thailand then why is a medical extension needed? Medical extensions are granted when someone is unfit to travel.

Edited by NancyL

I forgot to specify that I should normally remove the pins last month, I contact the French social security who refuses to cover costs.

Repatriation insurance against by to accept, but under a medical certificate.

Bangkok Hospital made me Xrays, informing me that I should not remove the pins because the consolidation is not ended and refused repatriation because I'm in the inability to travel.

Therefore theoretically I would in this case.

However, although I was talking about a basic O visa on medical treatment and duration of the visa depends on the treatment.

Here:
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

25. Question : Is it possible for the alien wishing to stay in Thailand for the reason of medical treatment?

Answer : Yes. In case of receiving medical treatment, the alien must have been confirmed and requested by a physician of the hospital in Thailand providing the said treatment with full explanation about illness, period of treatment and the physician’s opinion that the illness is an impediment to travel (Letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay issued by a physician of the hospital providing the said treatment is needed document)

I'd actually a visa corresponding to my situation and I would not be obliged to lie: I am not a tourist.

Two consecutive fractures of the spine.

Is not nothing ...

So this is indeed a Visa, and not an extension, but it is temporary, although in a certain manner, stay in Thailand is still limited ...

Edited by Love66

There isn't a "medical visa", but rather you obtain a medical extension to an existing visa or an existing permission to stay.

If you've been treated at Bangkok Hospital, then you've been paying big baht and they have a customer service department that should be able to help you obtain a medical extension to your existing visa. What they probably can't do is get you a visa if you don't have one already.

Edit: did the spine fractures occur in Thailand? Were you teaching rollerblading in Thailand? If so, what visa were you using at the time of the accident?

Edited by NancyL

I had my accident in France ,

and I also got a disability pension in France ,

justifying that I can not work,

I do not have also the right to work in France . I will lose my pension...

What I thought is to take the risk of going to Laos for a visa based on the fact that I can not fly.

I am regarded as being in condolescence .
Taking medecine is regarded as being in treatment , I guess

Edited by Love66

Your first post tends to suggest that your ability to travel is not impaired.

Presumably you also travelled from France to Thailand ?

Good luck with your attempt to remain in Thailand on the basis of "Medical necessity"

Edited by nowretired
  • Like 2

Your first post tends to suggest that your ability to travel is not impaired.

Presumably you also travelled from Fance to Thailand ?

Good luck with your attempt to remain in Thailand on the basis of "Medical necessity"

I underwent my accident in 2013 ... long before my stay in Thailand , I also come as a result of the second accident, fall down stairs July 7, 2014

Your ability to obtain a medical extension depends upon what a Thai doctor is willing to attest in the appropriate forms. And I've found Thai doctors to be very uncooperative about saying someone was unable to travel for medical reasons, especially when they arrived already disabled. That's different than saying it's better for your health to live in Thailand than in France. That's really what you're trying to turn the medical extension into -- "which country is better for my health" and unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

In the past there were Thai doctors running private clinics and spas who were more than willing to write the appropriate documents for medical extensions of tourist visa -- all in the name of "medical tourism", but those outfits have all been shut down with the crackdowns of the coup.

Your best course of action is to consult with your present health care providers. You need doctor's signatures to obtain a medical extension. You can't "argue the case" on your own.

As was pointed out, you're close to having enough income for a marriage visa -- but I hope your soon-to-be wife has a health care plan that would cover you, because there isn't free health care for foreigners. If you're as disabled as you say, then you're going to need continuing medical attention which will become difficult to afford with your income.

Edited by NancyL

For the health plan , I go back to France in May 2016 Remove the pins and find a more appropriate solution.

In view of my clumsiness, and that I take medicine, Vicodin, Codein

I can quite say I slipped into the stairs, I have pain in the back, any doctor will sign me a travel ban , it is the vertebral column , not an allergy .

Another thing, why she suggest me - you going to Laos and apply for a visa desease ?

Nobody knows here tell me what the VISA Non Immigrant O for medical Treatment ?

I guess it is a resurgence of the Non Immigrant Visa O, and so it could be 1 year because Non Immigrant ?

Here i see:

post-223482-0-93431600-1439253757_thumb.

http://www.th.ckgs.in/apply-for-a-visa/visa-fees.html

http://www.vfs-thailand.co.in/Kolkata/pdf/non_o_medical_240215.pdf

They speak on some French websites but they do not say how to get it.

post-223482-0-35701200-1439253779_thumb.

Edited by Love66

It seems that it is necessary that I get two things:

Additional Documents
  1. Medical report from local hospital requesting treatment in Thailand
  2. Acceptance letter from Thailand’s hospital for treatment of applicant

I suppose I will have to have regular appointments , as in France .
To monitor advanced of my recovery , and therefore costs.

Ubon and I have been trying to tell you that you don't get a "medical visa", but rather a medical extension to an existing visa and that visa can be any kind of visa, or extension of stay or even an visa-exempt entry.

What's more important is that you develop a long-term treatment plan with a doctor in Thailand. You may want to visit the Health forum of ThaiVisa.com and post your plans for feedback from the longtime moderator, Sheryl, who is a nurse practicing long-time in Thailand and as knowledgeable about Thai healthcare as UbonJoe is about visas. I think you may find it difficult, if not impossible, to find Vicodin in Thailand and doctors reluctant to prescribe Codeine long-term. Also, doctors and immigration are reluctant to continue to utilize medical extensions long-term. The idea of a medical extension is to permit someone to become well enough to return to their home country or to travel to get themselves a "proper visa". It's not a way for someone who doesn't otherwise qualify for a visa to circumvent the visa regulations. Where I've seen them used long-term, it's for someone clearly at end-of-life or paralyzed with stroke or Parkinson's disease or something similar. (and then frankly, my advice is that at these times it's OK to go on overstay, but some people don't want to do this)

For example, someone your age could purchase a Thai Elite visa in order to stay in Thailand long term, but I doubt you have the financial resources to do so. Also, you could marry and get a marriage visa.

I don't doubt that you have health issues and are more comfortable living in Thailand, but you need to carefully consider whether you'll be able to secure proper health care here long-term and not count on your health condition as being the justification for a long-term visa.

Edited by NancyL

You don't need the non-o visa to get the extensions for medical reasons. It can be done with any type of entry.

See clause 2.25 of Police Order 327/2557 for info on extensiona based upon medical treatment.

You will not find the non-o based upon medical care on any nearby embassy or consulate website.

I find codeine from any pharmacy (except center of bangkok) and without prescription.

Even the visa proposed by the Thai consulate in india, is 1 year, the same base that marriage visa.

I also have other health problems , and I intended to take the CFE insurance (French similar Gouvernment Insurance).

I think I'll look again to marry my gf.

What I understand is that I find dishonest to marry for a visa

I find it rather sad to marry after 11 months in order to stay

with an adorable woman , yes, but they are all at first. ..

sad.

Edited by Love66

A multiple entry non-o is valid for one year but you only get a 90 day entry. You have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry.

Yes it's exactly that 90 Days.

I understand,

Visa 1 year mean

You can income in period of 1 year.

Visa multiple.

You can many times.

And you obtain 90 days every time you income.

The visa from India which I make reference , is less than the marriage visa.

It is not therefore a solution rule .

I really do not understand why Chang wattana suggest me to do that.

You don't need the non-o visa to get the extensions for medical reasons. It can be done with any type of entry.

See clause 2.25 of Police Order 327/2557 for info on extensiona based upon medical treatment.

You will not find the non-o based upon medical care on any nearby embassy or consulate website.

I find codeine from any pharmacy (except center of bangkok) and without prescription.

Even the visa proposed by the Thai consulate in india, is 1 year, the same base that marriage visa.

I also have other health problems , and I intended to take the CFE insurance (French similar Gouvernment Insurance).

I think I'll look again to marry my gf.

What I understand is that I find dishonest to marry for a visa

I find it rather sad to marry after 11 months in order to stay

with an adorable woman , yes, but they are all at first. ..

sad.

Do not get caught with unscripted codeine in Thailand as its in the same class of drugs as Morphine and you will be going to jail for a long time

Based on everything you have written you would better going back to france, you have access to free medical care etc, yes we know the pull of a lady is strong but it seems to me your thinking with the wrong head

• Like 1

Pharmacy assured me that I could not go to jail because it gives them to me in small doses and only when I need it , not more than 10 per week .

I also have a prescription Thai I 'm doing arriving in Bangkok there are 11 months it should no longer be valid.
I just have to watch my back for anyone to understand, I had other operations in the past, lost a kidney.
I have scoliosis to 18 °

I'm getting married here, go back to France to have surgery and apply for a visa Marriage or tourist, I think this is still the best solution.

• Like 1

Pharmacy assured me that I could not go to jail because it gives them to me in small doses and only when I need it , not more than 10 per week .

I also have a prescription Thai I 'm doing arriving in Bangkok there are 11 months it should no longer be valid.

I just have to watch my back for anyone to understand, I had other operations in the past, lost a kidney.

I have scoliosis to 18 °

I'm getting married here, go back to France to have surgery and apply for a visa Marriage or tourist, I think this is still the best solution.

The pharmacy is wrong if you get caught with any amount and dont have a script from a thai hospital/doctor they can arrest you

• Like 1

Thank you for pointing this out, but I do not take outside the apartment.

Whatever the police, I think that showing my body than justifies taking codeine.

I am a Buddhist believer and my talisman me until now avoided being bored.

I worry more about my health and my visa.

Edited by Love66

hi man....i am french too!

in france we da have a south with plenty coast where the wheather is very mild all year...next there is spain or italy also very hot...it will be good for your bones..burp.gif

2nd you are 27 years old....so just go to a thai ambassy and ask them if you want to stay legally here what kind of visa you need. but...i think you loose your time anyway....your extensions will last and you will have to go away...thats the reality...or find a company here who want to contract you, otherwise getting married but even like this it is not a solution....in thailand...here they want only 30 days rich tourist people or old fellows with a good pensions to spend here.

thats all

my opinion....go somewhere else where they make it easier!

• Like 1

Thank you for pointing this out, but I do not take outside the apartment.

Whatever the police, I think that showing my body than justifies taking codeine.

I am a Buddhist believer and my talisman me until now avoided being bored.

I worry more about my health and my visa.

It'll probably still show up on an impromptu urine test if you're in the wrong bar at the wrong time or in any event if the police think you're acting a little too mellow.

Not sure about the current law, but I believe at one time narcotic drugs could only be dispensed at a hospital. Even something like Ultracet is only sold from properly licensed pharmacies and you have to sign a register.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/731844-warning-codeine-do-not-bring-into-thailand/page-4

The police don't make medical judgments based on the way you appear.. If you're found to be using narcotics sourced from anyone not licensed to sell them under prescription you won't be happy about the consequences.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1