Knife attacks kill 2 people at central Sweden Ikea store

webfact

Knife attacks kill 2 people at central Sweden Ikea store

HELSINKI (AP) — Police in Sweden arrested two men on suspicion of murder in a knife attack that killed a man and a woman at an Ikea store Monday in the central Swedish city of Vasteras, police and store officials said.

Vasteras police officer Per Agren, in charge of the investigation, said they had not found any connection between the suspected attackers and the victims or between the two attackers.

Describing the incident as "a mad event," Agren told reporters that both men — one in his mid-30s, the other born in 1992 — were detained in the store and at a bus stop outside.

The male victim was dead at the scene, and the woman died later, police said.

The older perpetrator, who was seriously injured, was the chief suspect, Agren said at a news conference. He declined to comment on a possible motive pending the outcome of an investigation and gave no further details about the suspects or victims.

Sweden's security police, responsible for investigating suspected terror cases, told national news agency TT they had no reason to be involved in the investigation based on the information they were given.

The attack in Vasteras, some 100 kilometers (60 miles) west of the capital Stockholm, occurred suddenly during an otherwise normal day in the kitchenware department of the store, said Martina Smedberg, spokeswoman for Ikea Group.

"We have no idea of a motive," she said. "There have been no known threats against Ikea."

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-11

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any decent well-heeled shopper would go beserk at Ikea....such bad service...no staff to help out, everything self-service, no staff to advice on kitchen set-ups etc, hard to find merchandise,no bags etc, no packing even for food take aways etc......stupid lazy swedes. I hate shopping at Ikea thailand.

Any decent well-heeled shopper would go beserk at Ikea....such bad service...no staff to help out, everything self-service, no staff to advice on kitchen set-ups etc, hard to find merchandise,no bags etc, no packing even for food take aways etc......stupid lazy swedes. I hate shopping at Ikea thailand.

I guess though that there are not too many lazy Swedes at Ikea Thailand.

Going berserk is purely a Scandinavian treat but only if you ate a certain mushroom dish.

I notice no names named. Not the perpetrators. Sveeden being what it is, the Swedish Law is protecting the criminals first, especially now that the victims are dead.

No names, no nationality, no motives, no crime, no vember...

What in the world does that rant have to do with the story.

Going berserk is purely a Scandinavian treat but only if you ate a certain mushroom dish.

I notice no names named. Not the perpetrators. Sveeden being what it is, the Swedish Law is protecting the criminals first, especially now that the victims are dead.

True ... in Sweden its not allowed for media to say if the perps were of foreign (muslim) origin so if no names are mentioned then you can assume its that ...

would not surprise if they were "new" sweeds on paper at least

This is EXACTLY what I was asking. I'm afraid their names would have been a giveaway.

Swedes are good in two things: making stupid laws and adhering to them meticulously.

True ... in Sweden its not allowed for media to say if the perps were of foreign (muslim) origin so if no names are mentioned then you can assume its that ...

From the OP:

Sweden's security police, responsible for investigating suspected terror cases, told national news agency TT they had no reason to be involved in the investigation based on the information they were given.

When are the Sweds and other 'gun-less' countries going to come to their senses. This is senseless slaughter!!! Ban Knives Now should be the rally cry of all decent law-abiding citizen. All knives should be turned in to the police and authorities immediately! Stop this insanity.

Then don't shop there, i love shopping there everyone knows ikea is self service.

I do fail what it had to do with the story, unless your one of those people who would go crazy after such an experience and kill people.

Now reporting they were asylum seekers staying at a government hostel for asylum seekers. Police are witholding any further details.

There was recently a case of a 'New Swede' getting his citizenship confirmed and then promptly raping a woman safe in the knowledge he wouldn't be deported. Sweden is a case study in national suicide rather than the liberal elites admitting the ruin their policies had caused.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/08/there-are-areas-where-swedish-law-no-longer-applies

It would seem IKEA is now one of the areas where Swedish law no longer applies.

Agreed, but what in the world does this have to do with Thailand?

Now reporting they were asylum seekers staying at a government hostel for asylum seekers. Police are witholding any further details.

Aha! my nose is still good! (see previous posts here)

Actually Swedes are rather stupid with their laws.

When perps are not underage, the victims are dead, why protect names of apprehended killers?

To make people assume they are Muslims even in some rare case when they are not! Counterproductive!

Edited by ABCer

Nothing to do with Thailand.

That's why they put it in the World News section.thumbsup.gif

There videos circulating. One is arrest where too black haired and well tanned "swedes" are arrested.Other one inside the Ikea.Not felt like watching it but supposed to include allahu akbar...

The iPad doesn't show that!

The iPad doesn't show that!

...and exactly what do you expect anybody to do about that?

You asked a question about the thread not being Thailand related. I answered.