Wind-up drivers beware! Motorist to be fined 2000 Baht for this tacky car decor

webfact

Wind-up drivers beware! Motorist to be fined for this tacky car decor
By Coconuts Bangkok

cardecor.jpg

BANGKOK: -- While some drivers think it’s cute and hilarious to stick a giant key on the back of their bulky, round Honda Jazz to imitate a wind-up toy, it turns out they could face a fine of THB2,000 – and not just because it looks really ugly.

The Department of Land Transport yesterday issued a warning about the popular car decor, stating that such adornments are considered a distraction to other road users and could potentially lead to accidents.

The trendy key, which is usually made from a soft foam and seen on cars with round features such as Honda Jazz and Toyota Yaris, is illegal, according to Vehicle Act B.E. 2522.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/13/wind-drivers-beware-motorist-be-fined-tacky-car-decor

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-13

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh another fine example of prioritization of whats important. , seriously, there's no other shit that needs addressing in this country on the roads? I assume the daily fatality rate is now at zero and dangerous driving just doesn't happen anymore. Great.

Banning drivers who "wind me up" that'd be a neat trick which I would support.

Edited by Pomthai

A "distraction" for other motorists? - can't see that distracting them from texting, phoning, admiring themselves in their rear view mirrors or generally behaving as if they are the only road users out that day!

A "distraction" for other motorists? - can't see that distracting them from texting, phoning, admiring themselves in their rear view mirrors or generally behaving as if they are the only road users out that day!

How about drivers windscreens festooned with lucky amulets, flowers, teddy bears, and that's before the DVD screens.?

Regarding those wacky wind-up keys, the Taste Police should be filing separate charges.

No mention if the clockwork mechanism will have to be removed too, but having said that without the key it would render the whole mechanism inoperative anyway. So in my opinion it may be better to remove it anyway with the possibily of improved MPH and improved suspension stability.