Retired French cop in Chonburi vows to catch banana thief

webfact

Retired French cop vows to catch banana thief
By Coconuts Bangkok

banana_4.jpg

CHONBURI: -- A retired French cop says he will file a police report against a thief who has been picking his ripened bananas before he got to eat them.

Gorra Robert, a 68-year-old Frenchman who migrated to Chonburi and obviously loves eating bananas, said yesterday he has had it with his favourite fruit being stolen. He has vowed to install security cameras in his backyard where he has planted 10 banana trees.

After running some errands recently, Gorra says he was just about to savour the golden phallic fruit of his desire when he realised all the ripened ones had been stolen for the fourth time.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/08/14/retired-french-cop-vows-catch-banana-thief

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-08-14

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you just get pleasure out of growing your own food. Believe it or not, I grow Thai chilis on my condo balcony. There cannot be a cheaper, more plentiful product, to buy at any store. You have to be crazy to grow them for yourself, and I am.

The Frenchman figures the bananas are his. Maybe he is wrong. He can not own land in Thailand and so he cannot own trees in Thailand that are growing in the land. The bananas are Thai bananas not French bananas. He is barking up the wrong tree thinking those are his bananas.

Sometimes you just get pleasure out of growing your own food. Believe it or not, I grow Thai chilis on my condo balcony. There cannot be a cheaper, more plentiful product, to buy at any store. You have to be crazy to grow them for yourself, and I am.

True, but yours do taste better.

oops.

he was just about to savour the golden phallic fruit of his desire

That made me almost puke thinking about...er...the French with their bananas...

Anyway, banana is not a fruit as such. Closest plant in the same family would be basil. And it's not a tree, more of a grass plant. Very big one. tongue.png

Just wondering how much he is going to pay for his CCTV set? Does he have any common sense, at all? I suggest he could buy a dog. I have one and no-one is willing to come near it or the bananas...

The Frenchman figures the bananas are his. Maybe he is wrong. He can not own land in Thailand and so he cannot own trees in Thailand that are growing in the land. The bananas are Thai bananas not French bananas. He is barking up the wrong tree thinking those are his bananas.

Not that "boring" old chestnut again............