Deep south ranger assassinated at his wedding in Pattani

webfact

Deep South Ranger Assassinated at His Wedding
By Khaosod English

14395341981439534286l.jpg
Family members console the bride of Army Ranger Ahmad Dao, 28, who was shot to death yesterday as he was welcoming guests to their wedding party in Pattani province.

PATTANI — Gunmen shot a Muslim army ranger to death at his wedding in the southern border province of Pattani yesterday – an attack authorities blame on local separatist militants.

The attack took place at a house in the Mueang district where the family of Ahmad Dao, a 28-year-old ranger, was hosting a wedding reception for him and his bride-to-be, police said.

“We believe this is an attempt to cause a bad situation by sympathizers of those who wish to cause unrest in the region,” Police Lt. Col. Anthee Ko-ari, an officer at a local police station, told reporters, using a state euphemism for secessionists who are battling to secede Pattani and its neighboring provinces from Thailand.

Ahmad was welcoming guests to his wedding at around 5.20 pm when four men on two motorcycles arrived at the scene and fired seven shots at Ahmad before driving away, Anthee said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439534198

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-14

I believe that they are still just getting back for the atrocities done to them 8-9 years ago, packed in a truck and smothered to death.

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So they killed a fellow muslim who most likely has no connection at all to the Tak Bai incident as Tak Bai is in the far extreme of the next province. I believe they are willing to kill anybody who doesn't share their warped ideology.

And the "talking" from Bangkok just keeps going on as it always has done in the past. Not much hope for the future is there? Until a rich or powerful Bangkokian gets knocked off down south it will not change! sad.png

I believe that they are still just getting back for the atrocities done to them 8-9 years ago, packed in a truck and smothered to death.

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So you think that it justifies MURDER do you?

Was the Ranger involved in those incidents as he would have been only 19 or 20 at the time and not then eligible for military service?

Your ignorance is showing as well as your bias in trying to justify a MURDER.

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

They should have used a bigger truck at that time, so they could load more of them.

Would that have justified what happened then for you?

It doesn't justify it to me. How would you feel if it were your relatives in the truck?

Islam, the religion of peace. I guess not.

This killing was not about faith and neither is the conflict in the south.

The victim was a Muslim and it is assumed the killers were as well but that was not why this man was murdered.

The conflict in the south is about separatism/autonomy.

The killers of this man are cowardly scum and deserve whatever comes their way but they did not act because of faith.

This murder is yet another terrible event in the ugly and violent civil war/separatist conflict that is taking place in the south.

The victim was a Muslim and it is assumed the killers were as well but that was not why this man was murdered.

The killers of this man are cowardly scum and deserve whatever comes their way but they did not act because of faith.

This murder is yet another terrible event in the ugly and violent civil war/separatist conflict that is taking place in the south.

But religion is one of the major motivating factors in the separatist movement. Not many Buddhists amongst them, is there?

But religion is one of the major motivating factors in the separatist movement. Not many Buddhists amongst them, is there?

Of course it is part of the conflict in that it is the faith of those wishing to separate from Thailand, but it is not because of faith they wish to separate.

It is because they do not see themselves as Thai and wish to return to independence/or regain the autonomy they had before the current violence broke out over a decade ago.

That doesn't justify the terrorism and brutality that is part of the conflict. However the conflict is not about faith.

Edited by Bluespunk

There can never be a Muslim Head of State or Head of Government in Thailand.

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So you think that it justifies MURDER do you?

Was the Ranger involved in those incidents as he would have been only 19 or 20 at the time and not then eligible for military service?

Your ignorance is showing as well as your bias in trying to justify a MURDER.

Steady on. Steady. I believe Colabamumbai, made a reasonable "observation" regarding possible motive. That is a long, long way from justification of murder.

First you have made a wild and provocative presumption. Followed by a speculative denunciation. Then rounded up by putting your speculations and presumptions together into a justification for murder.

How you survived a troll deletion is beyond me. Your imagination is certainly intact, but your logic is very dodgy.

According to friends who research killings in the south, many such incidents have little to do with politics or religion, but are personal or business conflicts. In such a heavily militarized situation, with guns and bombs everywhere, things turn violent quickly. Murder on a wedding day sounds to me like the act of a spurned lover. Other killings are targeted reprisals. Rangers are frontline combat troops, and who knows the history of the deceased.

Years ago I worked in another militarized part of the country, not the south, and not nearly as bad as the south today. Still, you wouldn't believe the shit that went down. Soldiers abducting refugee girls and raping them, ad-hoc checkpoints to steal cash and gold, trafficking, and a thousand other abuses.

Don't take everything you read at face value. Remember that this is a country without a free press and with dismal journalistic standards.

I dislike the idea of making the southern 3 provinces self governed and give in to the terrorists​, but for lasting peace its maybe the only solution? What other options are there? Kick out all the muslims to Malaysia?

Do you really believe the majority of Thai Muslims, who in the majority of cases are the victims of the insurgents, in the deep South wish to be governed by the killers (BTW there are nine different groups). There have been a number of surveys that indicate the locals wish to remain within the Thai State, but have representation in local provincial governance and not ruled by political appointees allocated by BKK. For the moment the current government have ruled out local representation.

I have previously provided the link below that some may wish to read, although a bit out of date, provides an assessment of the situation by a Thai military officer.

http://www.defence.gov.au/adc/docs/Publications2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

Edited by simple1

I dislike the idea of making the southern 3 provinces self governed and give in to the terrorists​, but for lasting peace its maybe the only solution? What other options are there? Kick out all the muslims to Malaysia?

Well, they could be offered maps to the border and discounted bus ticket.....no kicking necessary.

Then after a certain time they can be sent to Malaysia in a zippered rubber bag.

I am guessing the first option would be more popular!

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So they killed a fellow muslim who most likely has no connection at all to the Tak Bai incident as Tak Bai is in the far extreme of the next province. I believe they are willing to kill anybody who doesn't share their warped ideology.

All wars & suppression have been in the name of someones so called religion. When will people learn that peace & love is a wonderful thing. Pray to your god whoever he or she is & be at peace with yourself. Then there is no need to be angry with anyone because you already have what you need.

Well, they could be offered maps to the border and discounted bus ticket.....no kicking necessary.

Then after a certain time they can be sent to Malaysia in a zippered rubber bag.

I am guessing the first option would be more popular!

Why should they leave their ancestral homeland?