Deep south ranger assassinated at his wedding in Pattani

webfact

But religion is one of the major motivating factors in the separatist movement. Not many Buddhists amongst them, is there?

There can never be a Muslim Head of State or Head of Government in Thailand.

Could say the same about the USA.

I believe that they are still just getting back for the atrocities done to them 8-9 years ago, packed in a truck and smothered to death.

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So they killed a fellow muslim who most likely has no connection at all to the Tak Bai incident as Tak Bai is in the far extreme of the next province. I believe they are willing to kill anybody who doesn't share their warped ideology.

"I believe they are willing to kill anybody who doesn't share their warped ideology."

Unfortunately you couldn't be more correct!!!!! IN their book the Quran, it states Muslims have no choice but to believe, it commands they must kill or convert ALL non believers unless they pay the Jizya,( tax lots of it) and feel themselves subdued.

But hey most people believe in religious freedom, Islam does not, convert, pay tax or die... But then again they also believe the world is flat and that the sun sets in a pool of murky water, and Muslim's have no choice but to believe.

I think these terrorists kill anyone Muslim or not, that has any affiliation with the government, ie, school teachers, police, solders, rangers, and it will never stop.

The problem is that the deep south was annexed by Thailand and they want their land back, so the government of the day put the country in this position so now what are they going to do to get the country out of the problem???

BTW this is not a Muslim bashing post, I have no problem with any one, live and let live, it's simple facts, be they palatable, politically correct or not.

RIP the ranger.

Edited by aussieinthailand

I dislike the idea of making the southern 3 provinces self governed and give in to the terrorists​, but for lasting peace its maybe the only solution? What other options are there? Kick out all the muslims to Malaysia?

Do you really believe the majority of Thai Muslims, who in the majority of cases are the victims of the insurgents, in the deep South wish to be governed by the killers (BTW there are nine different groups). There have been a number of surveys that indicate the locals wish to remain within the Thai State, but have representation in local provincial governance and not ruled by political appointees allocated by BKK. For the moment the current government have ruled out local representation.

I have previously provided the link below that some may wish to read, although a bit out of date, provides an assessment of the situation by a Thai military officer.

http://www.defence.gov.au/adc/docs/Publications2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

The Muslims in Satun, Trang and Krabi seems to be happy with being Thai, but many people in Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani want their own country, got no idea how many of them, but this is the main reason behind the never ending violence in the area.

I believe that they are still just getting back for the atrocities done to them 8-9 years ago, packed in a truck and smothered to death.

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So you think that it justifies MURDER do you?

Was the Ranger involved in those incidents as he would have been only 19 or 20 at the time and not then eligible for military service?

Your ignorance is showing as well as your bias in trying to justify a MURDER.

Steady on. Steady. I believe Colabamumbai, made a reasonable "observation" regarding possible motive. That is a long, long way from justification of murder.

First you have made a wild and provocative presumption. Followed by a speculative denunciation. Then rounded up by putting your speculations and presumptions together into a justification for murder.

How you survived a troll deletion is beyond me. Your imagination is certainly intact, but your logic is very dodgy.

What possible motive can there be for 2 people to arrive on a motorbike armed with a pistol and kill a man in front of his bride to be on his wedding day?

Does killing somebody as brutally as that mean it is not MURDER?

It must have been premeditated as they arrived on a motorbike, they were armed, they deliberately shot the victim to death and then escaped on the motorbike.

Can YOU explain it any other way, perhaps put a different spin on it?

What would be YOUR explanation for the crime?

Inch Allah

A Salom Ali Kum.

So you think that it justifies MURDER do you?

Was the Ranger involved in those incidents as he would have been only 19 or 20 at the time and not then eligible for military service?

Your ignorance is showing as well as your bias in trying to justify a MURDER.

Steady on. Steady. I believe Colabamumbai, made a reasonable "observation" regarding possible motive. That is a long, long way from justification of murder.

First you have made a wild and provocative presumption. Followed by a speculative denunciation. Then rounded up by putting your speculations and presumptions together into a justification for murder.

How you survived a troll deletion is beyond me. Your imagination is certainly intact, but your logic is very dodgy.

What possible motive can there be for 2 people to arrive on a motorbike armed with a pistol and kill a man in front of his bride to be on his wedding day?

Does killing somebody as brutally as that mean it is not MURDER?

It must have been premeditated as they arrived on a motorbike, they were armed, they deliberately shot the victim to death and then escaped on the motorbike.

Can YOU explain it any other way, perhaps put a different spin on it?

What would be YOUR explanation for the crime?

Call it what you like. The post was not discussing the crime but the MOTIVE. Get it? I do not have a spin, or an explanation. You just attack people uneccesarily. You would be better equipped to understand aggression more than us. Just calm down mate.

I dislike the idea of making the southern 3 provinces self governed and give in to the terrorists​, but for lasting peace its maybe the only solution? What other options are there? Kick out all the muslims to Malaysia?

Do you really believe the majority of Thai Muslims, who in the majority of cases are the victims of the insurgents, in the deep South wish to be governed by the killers (BTW there are nine different groups). There have been a number of surveys that indicate the locals wish to remain within the Thai State, but have representation in local provincial governance and not ruled by political appointees allocated by BKK. For the moment the current government have ruled out local representation.

I have previously provided the link below that some may wish to read, although a bit out of date, provides an assessment of the situation by a Thai military officer.

http://www.defence.gov.au/adc/docs/Publications2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

The Muslims in Satun, Trang and Krabi seems to be happy with being Thai, but many people in Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani want their own country, got no idea how many of them, but this is the main reason behind the never ending violence in the area.

The surveys I referred to were taken in the deep South, I have provided a link to one of them.

http://www.deepsouthwatch.org/node/5904

A Thai Buddhist friend of mine in Oz has the view the ongoing conflict in the deep South is facilitated by corrupt members of the security forces collaborating with the smuggling gangs; his opinion was borne out some months back by the arrests of security forces members.

Edited by simple1

Islam, the religion of peace. I guess not.

More than likely he was decent guy that would not go along with whatever corrupt mafia scheme that was on the plate before him.

Very Al Capone/Goodfella -ish to whack the guy at his wedding though.

I don't have any solutions to this mess down south.

My immediate answer is FORCE, but Thaksin tried that.

I'm neutral on him too, neither red nor yellow, just confused.

Have to say this shocks me though, & it takes a bit to rattle my cage.

My Buddha...... Sick Islamic extremist bastards.... on his wedding day... in front of his bride on their happiest day...that was looking forward to a lifetime with him.... in front of his family....

The world is getting worse.... I hope they catch them...... and yes.... tying their hands behind their backs and leaving them in a room with that murdered grooms family and fiancee for half an hour is a great idea...

Edited by Catoni

• 2 weeks later...

This killing was not about faith and neither is the conflict in the south.

The victim was a Muslim and it is assumed the killers were as well but that was not why this man was murdered.

The conflict in the south is about separatism/autonomy.

The killers of this man are cowardly scum and deserve whatever comes their way but they did not act because of faith.

This murder is yet another terrible event in the ugly and violent civil war/separatist conflict that is taking place in the south.

But religion is one of the major motivating factors in the separatist movement. Not many Buddhists amongst them, is there?

My wife is from down south. When the local Muslim fruit buyers lowered the price they would pay for the village's fruit (the village is Buddhist) to about 10% of the going price, another Muslim from Yala said he would drive down and pay them 75%. He made one trip and everyone was happy. On his second trip, he and his son were ambushed outside of the village and killed.

Religion or control?.