Somyot keen to complete Thaksin rank revocation during his term in office

Lite Beer

Somyot keen to complete Thaksin rank revocation during his term in office
THE NATION

30266647-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- NATIONAL police chief Pol General Somyot Poompan-muang now says he wants the process of revocation of Thaksin's police rank completed during his tenure.

"I'd like the revocation process to be finished during the time I'm in the post to do away with all rumours that tried to stall for time or pass on this dossier to the next chief of police. It's like I don't dare to take the responsibility, or make a decision," he said.

Somyot said the Royal Thai Police had always taken action on this matter. However, what prevented the process from going forward was the time requireded for consultation, he said.

Pol Lt-General Sorakrai Pulperm, commander of the Personnel Division of Police, joined a meeting with the Office of the Official Information Commission (OIC) yesterday, Somyot noted.

He said Justice Minister General Paiboon Koomchaya will submit a report on the meeting between the Royal Thai Police, the Justice Ministry and the OIC to the PM.

Meanwhile, Deputy Government Spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the revocation of rank and the process of taking back Thaksin's royal decorations were legal.

"Once again, I'd like to confirm that everything conforms to the law. This is not anybody's idea, nor does it stem from someone's demand in particular. There are clear guidelines for the process of rank revocation and taking royal decorations back. They are applied to every case, every wrongdoer, it does not necessarily have to be the case of [former PM] Thaksin. Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha wanted to ensure the process was in line with the justice system with no interference and influence [from outside]," he said.

Sansern said Prayut had also called for the media to remain impartial and help society understand the legal process. "The premier did not want anyone to think that this is part of someone's order," he said. "This could lead to confusion and may affect trust in the judicial process. It is crucial to think about the side-effects, even when the person has no ill intentions.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Somyot-keen-to-complete-Thaksin-rank-revocation-du-30266647.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-15

What I don't understand is why there is so much fuss over the issue. It's years since Thksin was in the police, it's history. Does he receive a police pension which could be revoked? The man's a billionaire, loss of a pension wouldn't worry him. Loss of face? I doubt that he would give a toss about that also.

We all might be surprised at what the rank etitkes the indivdual, upon retirement, too. We recently heard about a lack of security screening at the airport and another case of a man physically abusing a aiport employee due to expected respect not being shown,

What privalige do they get from Thai Airlines? they and family seem to get plenty while active. The same with social orginazations, appointments as consultants, directors etc. I doubt he will be invited to policemans ball.

Take everything possssible from the man as he did to the country give no quarter and set a precident for other to see what their illegal actions can lead to.

We all might be surprised at what the rank etitkes the indivdual, upon retirement, too. We recently heard about a lack of security screening at the airport and another case of a man physically abusing a aiport employee due to expected respect not being shown,

What privalige do they get from Thai Airlines? they and family seem to get plenty while active. The same with social orginazations, appointments as consultants, directors etc. I doubt he will be invited to policemans ball.

Take everything possssible from the man as he did to the country give no quarter and set a precident for other to see what their illegal actions can lead to.

Thanks in isn't worried about the meager police rank, it's the royal decoration he is manipulating for. For what is an elete without an order of the white elephant

Thanks in isn't worried about the meager police rank, it's the royal decoration he is manipulating for. For what is an element without an order of the white elephant

I don't agree.. the guy is egocentric, this is a massive blow to his ego. Its all about face and he looses. If he did not care he would have lost the rank already because the others would know it would not hurt their career if they did so and they would not have to fear for repercussions if the PTP ever came in power.

I think this police general just heard, your gun deal is off unless you get rid of Thaksin his rank first. That might be why he is willing now.

They all fear the vengeance of the PTP so they don't want to do this. The PTP has shown how violent and vindictive they are with bombs and publicizing addresses of judges that did not do what they say. So I understand the fear.

So, just how many years of RTP "consultation" did it take them to get to this point of continuing inaction???

How many years now has the guy been a fugitive on the run to escape a finally adjudicated criminal court sentence? And how about the past out-of-country visits by our former BKK police chief (the Japan gun toting guy) to rendezvous with Mr. T, and nothing being done then.

If you believe Forbes, this guy not only got his passport back but quite a lot of his frozen/seized money during the tenure of YL's administration.

............................ And how about the past out-of-country visits by our former BKK police chief (the Japan gun toting guy) to rendezvous with Mr. T, and nothing being done then........................

What has happened to this guy? Stuck in a convenient corner quietly somewhere until time dims the past and no one remembers what happened? whistling.gif

A little off topic but still relevant.

Thanks in isn't worried about the meager police rank, it's the royal decoration he is manipulating for. For what is an element without an order of the white elephant

I don't agree.. the guy is egocentric, this is a massive blow to his ego. Its all about face and he looses. If he did not care he would have lost the rank already because the others would know it would not hurt their career if they did so and they would not have to fear for repercussions if the PTP ever came in power.

I think this police general just heard, your gun deal is off unless you get rid of Thaksin his rank first. That might be why he is willing now.

They all fear the vengeance of the PTP so they don't want to do this. The PTP has shown how violent and vindictive they are with bombs and publicizing addresses of judges that did not do what they say. So I understand the fear.

The "fear" they are the Police force backed by the Army, there should be no fear only a workman like action to get the job done.

The reality is I agree with you as they are not known for bravery only cowardly actions with a gangster mob mentality.

What a load of bullsh#t. Concerned more for the future life under a PTP run government. Thats if there is any left after current PM has his way. But they did (?) the crime and now face the consequences of their actions. I bet they never thought they would see the day this would happen. If one thing comes from all this and that is at least the PM is making the pollies think that their behaviour is being monitored. Stripping Thaskin is a show that no one is untouchable and that can only benefit Thailand. Its all about baby steps to get to the running stage.

What I don't understand is why there is so much fuss over the issue. It's years since Thksin was in the police, it's history. Does he receive a police pension which could be revoked? The man's a billionaire, loss of a pension wouldn't worry him. Loss of face? I doubt that he would give a toss about that also.

I couldn't tell you if Thaksin gives a toss or not. The point is that these guys know that if there will be free elections during the next 15-20 years then he will be back in power - by proxy or in person, and they are rightly worried about repercussions.

Personally I think it would be best if he got hit by a bus so this country can move on, but removing the bogeyman from the current rulers (and the cheerleaders) might be a bit cruel. I mean, what other excuse are they going to use for taking away the right to vote from the unwashed masses?

Edited by MZurf

I couldn't tell you if Thaksin gives a toss or not. The point is that these guys know that if there will be free elections during the next 15-20 years then he will be back in power - by proxy or in person, and they are rightly worried about repercussions.

Personally I think it would be best if he got hit by a bus so this country can move on, but removing the bogeyman from the current rulers (and the cheerleaders) might be a bit cruel. I mean, what other excuse are they going to use for taking away the right to vote from the unwashed masses?

..........................."The point is that these guys know that if there will be free elections during the next 15-20 years then he will be back in power - by proxy or in person"....................

Hurts me to say this, but I agree with you 100%.

"They" (cue theme music from The Twilight Zone) are waiting for him to die before elections are held. "They" will probably have eradicated all traces of the PTP by then.

......................."Personally I think it would be best if he got hit by a bus so this country can move on"............................Bit harsh, but a lot would agree.

........................"but removing the bogeyman from the current rulers (and the cheerleaders)"............................Who has the cheerleaders ? The Junta or Mr T. ? Are they like the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders ? (link below)

......................"what other excuse are they going to use for taking away the right to vote from the unwashed masses?".......................I will have you know, my in-laws are from upcountry and they are very clean people, bathe every day.

http://iameviltebow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2BlondeSpecial.jpg

Edited by mikemac

..........................."The point is that these guys know that if there will be free elections during the next 15-20 years then he will be back in power - by proxy or in person"....................

Hurts me to say this, but I agree with you 100%.

"They" (cue theme music from The Twilight Zone) are waiting for him to die before elections are held. "They" will probably have eradicated all traces of the PTP by then.

......................."Personally I think it would be best if he got hit by a bus so this country can move on"............................Bit harsh, but a lot would agree.

........................"but removing the bogeyman from the current rulers (and the cheerleaders)"............................Who has the cheerleaders ? The Junta or Mr T. ? Are they like the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders ?

......................"what other excuse are they going to use for taking away the right to vote from the unwashed masses?".......................I will have you know, my in-laws are from upcountry and they are very clean people, bathe every day.

http://iameviltebow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2BlondeSpecial.jpg

""They" will probably have eradicated all traces of the PTP by then."

PTP might be long gone but they will never be able to put the genie back in the bottle - the "pesantry" will never again accept all dictates from Bangkok unquestioningly.

"Are they like the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders ?"

Sorry, don't know the cowboys in Dallas. I was referring to those who are wholly unable to have any problem with a military government taking power from an elected one and are spectacularly unable to find anything negative about their performance for the last 15 months.

................."the "pesantry" will never again accept all dictates from Bangkok unquestioningly.".....................

The "pesantry" will accept the one who throws the most amount of money at them, regardless of who they are or where they are from.

If Justin Bieber ran for power and threw heaps of baht at them, they would love him and vote for him.

..................."and are spectacularly unable to find anything negative about their performance for the last 15 months."...........................

Who are these people ? Can you name them, or are they the same as the "Elite", able to be talked about, but not able to be named ?

Perhaps they are just jerking your chain, trying to get a bite out of you. There are people who do that you know ? whistling.gif