Pheu Thai strongly opposes draft charter

Lite Beer

interesting that the fanatics both mention children and killing...

Try this on for size, how many children have died because the elites and the generals sucked the country dry for decades?

Let's look at a hard facts...

Prior to 30 Baht, poorer provinces had significantly higher infant mortality rates than richer provinces. After 30 Baht, this correlation evaporates to zero. The results suggest that increased access to healthcare among the poor can significantly reduce their infant mortality rates.

See how that works, guys?

The rich suck the country dry.

The rich keep the average Thai down, boot on their neck.

And you - what can you do but shout "red scum"....

You're all off in lala land. The scum are driving Ferraris and Mercedes...

and running over innocent people in them

Although the topic is on Pheu Thai, please tone down your abuse.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, Phue Thai all on their own have studied the subject and come to the conclusion it's not in their interest to go along. They even found some nice sounding reasons as to why.

Ya know why do the threads always get side tracked into mudslinging tirades based on historical nepotism, corruption, violence etc when TRT/PPP/PTP, Reds, Yellows, Dems etc were in power.

This is Asia, nepotism, corruption and violence is how they roll here and it makes no difference if Taksin, Abhisit or Del Boy were running the country those traits would and will continue (liking it disliking it is your personal choice). The charter in its umpteenth reincarnation however needs to be agreed by all political parties and their backer and cronies so that there are some basic ground rules to at least control those political characteristics. So that those who take a few too many liberties can be drawn back and censured (at least privately) with time this may allow for some development of honest practice to take hold.

But what happened, happened, dragging over those hot coals again will not drive the country forward. The current best hope for that is a charter all parties agree with and subscribe to unanimously.

PTP is clearly looking for some concessions and further discussion is required so they support it.

Too reasonable. Me no like. Back to flame war.

Sorry....these guys get a little wound up...and then it gets personal.

BTW, I agree with you. At current pace, the new Charter will be a train wreck. More compromise is needed.

It's a setup anyway for the Army. Gotta stay on top of the heap.

The fact that the PTP and Thaksin may be very far from perfect doesn't make the proposed charter better. It's just a lame excuse for failing to provide any argument to defend the indefensible.

Edited by candide

How can a police general be a (part) leader of a political party?

I think he is retired...

One might also ask how a general can appoint himself Prime Minister?

Well, you have to be more clear. Do you mean Gen. Chavalit, Gen. Choonhovan, Gen. Prayut?

One may also ask how a Thai pretty gets herself PM on request of her criminal fugitive brother.

Now one may wonder why Thaksin's party is against a new charter.

Edited by rubl

I think he is retired...

Well, you have to be more clear. Do you mean Gen. Chavalit, Gen. Choonhovan, Gen. Prayut?

One may also ask how a Thai pretty gets herself PM on request of her criminal fugitive brother.

Oh I think what I said was clear as a bell Rubl, it is you -as so often - who is busily muddying the waters as it were!:) Edited by JAG

interesting that the fanatics both mention children and killing...

Try this on for size, how many children have died because the elites and the generals sucked the country dry for decades?

Let's look at a hard facts...

Prior to 30 Baht, poorer provinces had significantly higher infant mortality rates than richer provinces. After 30 Baht, this correlation evaporates to zero. The results suggest that increased access to healthcare among the poor can significantly reduce their infant mortality rates.

See how that works, guys?

The rich suck the country dry.

The rich keep the average Thai down, boot on their neck.

And you - what can you do but shout "red scum"....

You're all off in lala land. The scum are driving Ferraris and Mercedes...

"The scum are driving Ferraris and Mercedes... " - True - and flying around in their private planes, or spending large amounts on jewels and designer goods.

One family increased their wealth 450% during their owned party's term in office. Not bad - how'd the rest of the country do?

Just remember all the players are elites - all lining their pockets any way they can.

Evidence & correct English please!

Evidence - Forbes. Look it up yourself, don't be idle.

Not sure which part you find hard to comprehend but being a grammar policeman is against forum rules.

I think he is retired...

Oh I think what I said was clear as a bell Rubl, it is you -as so often - who is busily muddying the waters as it were!smile.png

Seems retired police officers join PTP or whatever the latest / current name is for the Shin political vehicle, whilst Military officers join the opposing faction.

The Thai pretty was a change and it's a bit ironic that the police join a party owned and led by a criminal fugitive. But all's fair in love, war and apparently politics.

The fact that the PTP and Thaksin may be very far from perfect doesn't make the proposed charter better. It's just a lame excuse for failing to provide any argument to defend the indefensible.

The fact Thaksin is a convicted criminal fugitive, whose promised many times to keep out of politics, and who was the real power during the years of his puppet sister's regime; and is a proven serial liar, doesn't add much credibility to his or his party's comments.

He isn't really in a position to criticize anything.

The fact Thaksin is a convicted criminal fugitive, whose promised many times to keep out of politics, and who was the real power during the years of his puppet sister's regime; and is a proven serial liar, doesn't add much credibility to his or his party's comments.

So please explain us the argùments showing their critics are wrong? Like how is the draft charter not undemocratic?

So please explain us the argùments showing their critics are wrong? Like how is the draft charter not undemocratic?

Where do I say I support the charter or make any comments suggesting that.

Being a criminal on the run, having led the country through a puppet proxy and nearly fckued it up trying to fix his own complete whitewash and amnesty. That somewhat detracts from any sincerity in his comments.

His criticism may be valid, part valid or a load of old bolox depending on your own view. But whatever, his sincerity is dubious.

I think he is retired...

One could also mention that Thailand was speeding down the path of becoming a dictatorship under the control of a gang of highly immoral incapable thieves.

But perhaps some see that as desireable.

If Thaksin had gotten away with the Amnesty Bill tricks and got back, I guess you'd be right. With Thaksin back, personally at the head, Shins or close allies in all key positions, their hands on the 2.2 trillion baht loan, with no oversight, etc etc. You can guess the direction things would've moved in. Elections would be held until they lost a few. Then like the BKK governor election or Don Meuang by-election, on losing out come their dirty tricks, which didn't work. Slowly checks and balances would have been reduced and eventually dwindled to nothing, NACC, EC, Constitution courts defanged and eventually things of the past. A one party state, heavily censored media, plenty of law suits and strong arm tactics when necessary and people being "elected" into roles for life.

And all to benefit and serve the people. 555. Wonder how much the Shin family wealth would have increased under those circumstances if they managed 450% during PTP's regime?

I think he is retired...

One could also mention that Thailand was speeding down the path of becoming a dictatorship under the control of a gang of highly immoral incapable thieves.

and now we have arrived, ... how do you like it?

I think he is retired...

Oh I think what I said was clear as a bell Rubl, it is you -as so often - who is busily muddying the waters as it were!smile.png

Ah, you mean the former MP Gen. Sonthi who after being elected in 2011 joined the Pheu Thai led coalition and voted for his own amnesty to make double sure?

I think he is retired...

and now we have arrived, ... how do you like it?

Who are you calling thiefs?

I think he is retired...

Ah, you mean the former MP Gen. Sonthi who after being elected in 2011 joined the Pheu Thai led coalition and voted for his own amnesty to make double sure?

Are you really that desperate to have the last word? Edited by JAG

I think he is retired...

Are you really that desperate to have the last word?

Are you unable to indicate which general appointed himself PM ?