Non-O single entry 90day retirement visa to marriage extension

To get extension based of marriage its recommended to get Non-O visa first. Is any type of Non-O visa ok? Does it matter if I get single entry retirement visa first and then couple of months later apply for extension based of marriage?

I believe best way would be to get marriage Non-o visa first but could not do at the moment but retirement visa would be easy. Long term I want to have extension based on marriage.

Updated Thai banks bankbook with 800k should be enough to get the 90 day retirement visa from Savannakhet or Vientiane?

There is no retirement visa.

The best place to obtain a single entry non O visa based on being over 50 would be ether Vientiane or Penang.

You would need to show your bank book and perhaps a bank letter confirming the balance to get the visa.

The extension of stay could be applied for during the last 30 days of the 90 days the visa permits.

You could use the non-o that you get for being 50 or over to apply for an extension based upon marriage.

Vientiane is the best location. Savannakhet can be difficult to get them.

There have been a couple of recent report of Vientiane wanting a bank letter to along with the bank book. The also requested proof of residence,

Can proof of residence be account statement letter from my bank from HK. It has my name and address in Thailand on it? Or is proof of residence from immigration needed?

I will go to Kasikorn to get the Thai bank account balance statement.

What advantages are there for an extension based on marriage, as opposed to one for being over 50 (retirement)..? I currently have the latter, but I believe for the former you require only half the funds (400k) in the bank, and you are also allowed to work, or run a business..? I just want to get an idea of the pro's and con's, before deciding on one or the other. Thanks.

What advantages are there for an extension based on marriage, as opposed to one for being over 50 (retirement)..? I currently have the latter, but I believe for the former you require only half the funds (400k) in the bank, and you are also allowed to work, or run a business..? I just want to get an idea of the pro's and con's, before deciding on one or the other. Thanks.

The retirement extension is generally administratively easier, the decision is made locally and only requires one visit to immigration.

The extension based on marriage is more complex, requires more documentation, is not a local decision and requires two visits to immigration. It is, of course true that less money has to be shown and if one can secure a job and a work permit, work is permitted

The choice is yours to make.smile.png

• Like 1

Thank you, Nowretired. I thought I'd start by getting our UK marriage translated into Thai, so it can be registered in Thailand. Not so fast..! Officially, it has to be authenticated at the Royal Thai Embassy, in the country where the marriage took place. But we were advised at City Hall, that it should be acceptable, if an affidavit is signed at the British Embassy, in Bangkok..? But I am not going to make a special trip down there, on the off-chance it is acceptable..? So more research is required, especially as there is no pressing urgency. And as you say, the retirement is relatively straightforward to extend each year. Thanks again.