Visa Run @ Mae Sai - 1 year multi entry visa

JT65

Hi All

I am on a Non O multiple entry 1 year Visa

I have been here for 6 months and flew to Singapore 3 months ago for my first run.

I was wondering if i can go to Mae Sai and do a same day run over the border.

I used to do this all the time years ago but with all the new rules etc Im not sure if it is possible anymore.

Would appreciate any info on this

JT65

Yes, i get another 90 days and can do this for a year. Well thats my understanding anyway.

Im married with two kids and moved back here just over 6 months ago.

Im confused as to wether they have restricted tourist visa border runs or all visa border runs?

Yes, i get another 90 days and can do this for a year. Well thats my understanding anyway.

Im confused as to wether they have restricted tourist visa border runs or all visa border runs?

Don't forget you can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension on any of the 90 day entries 1900 baht.

If you don't wish to do the border hop every 90 days.

Edited by stoneyboy

HI Stoneyboy

Thanks for your reply.

So my latest entry finishes on the 8th Sept.

So if i go to immigration on say the 6th and pay 1900bht they will give me another 60days? Thats good to know.

Do you know if it is still okay to cross the border at Mae Sai. I was keen to do it with a buddy of mine for a bit of an escape for a couple of days. We wanted to go over to Tachilek to buys some DVD movies like the old days.

Have they restricted that now as well.

Look forward to your reply and thanks again for the info.

JT65

Don't forget you can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension on any of the 90 day entries 1900 baht.

If you're lucky, they'll allow that once @ CM immigration.

HI Stoneyboy

Thanks for your reply.

So if i go to immigration on say the 6th and pay 1900bht they will give me another 60days? Thats good to know.

Do you know if it is still okay to cross the border at Mae Sai. I was keen to do it with a buddy of mine for a bit of an escape for a couple of days. We wanted to go over to Tachilek to buys some DVD movies like the old days.

JT65

I believe from recent reports as you have a visa you will be ok to cross and come back,it's people who are re entering on visa exemptions where they have tightened up.

Some of the more regular visa posters such as ubonjoe will clarify when he is about the forum next.

Cheers.

Why ?

A friend of mine has never been refused at Phitsanulok immigration,they welcome the extra revenue according to him.

Why ?

A friend of mine has never been refused at Phitsanulok immigration,they welcome the extra revenue according to him.

We're talking about Chiang Mai. not Phitsanulok. They don't or didn't like it when I tried it a few years ago. Once only at the end of 1 year multi, then "go get new visa....."

Get a crispy 10 USD at BKK Bank KSK, hop on a Green Bus....spend a night in CHiang Rai on the way back....easy, pleasant trip. They will let you know as you are leaving, what you need to correct. Always make it very clear that you are not working, and don't act like you are assuming you will stay forever. The lady in the booth out front is very nice, but you need tosing her song. The evening seems to be a little lower key, too, like the Head Honcho isn't breathing down their necks.

Why ?

We're talking about Chiang Mai. not Phitsanulok. They don't or didn't like it when I tried it a few years ago. Once only at the end of 1 year multi, then "go get new visa....."

But on what grounds,at least explain yourself,and you state a few years ago.

A few years ago you could only enter the country on visa exemptions a limited number of times,that rule is long gone.

At least offer us all an answer.

Get a crispy 10 USD at BKK Bank KSK, hop on a Green Bus....spend a night in CHiang Rai on the way back....easy, pleasant trip. They will let you know as you are leaving, what you need to correct. Always make it very clear that you are not working, and don't act like you are assuming you will stay forever. The lady in the booth out front is very nice, but you need tosing her song. The evening seems to be a little lower key, too, like the Head Honcho isn't breathing down their necks.

Agreed.

It's the easiest of the border runs from Chiang Mai.

The Greenbus makes a return trip at 3:30PM arriving about 7 or 8 in the evening if you don't want to stay the night.

You have a legal one year Visa. You also have a legal multi entry Visa for the year cost I believer 3,800 baht maybe 3,900 Baht

That allows you to cross the border every day and come back every day for one year.

As for a 60 day extension you can do that on the one year maybe. Not sure about that. Why would any one go to the trouble of getting one if he can come back and forth daily?

I highly doubt you could get an extension on the multi entry.I might be wrong on that. Best check on the immigration forum.

You have a legal one year Visa. You also have a legal multi entry Visa for the year cost I believer 3,800 baht maybe 3,900 Baht

That allows you to cross the border every day and come back every day for one year.

As for a 60 day extension you can do that on the one year maybe. Not sure about that. Why would any one go to the trouble of getting one if he can come back and forth daily?

I highly doubt you could get an extension on the multi entry.I might be wrong on that. Best check on the immigration forum.

He only has a 1 year multi entry visa issued in another country, ( about 5,000 baht ) not a re-entry permit issued in Thailand as well, (that is 3,800 baht)

Any entry can be extended for 60 days for the purpose of visiting Thai wife - 1,900 baht

Edited by steve187

If you keep going in and out of the country for visa Extensions

You can only do this for so long

You will be told when coming back or when you try to get another extension

You will have to apply for the Visa in the correct way

As many people go to Laos

A friend used to do these

Then was told no more

I am not sure on the Non O multiple entry 1 year Visa

He was lucky he could get this changed to the O Retirement Visa

Maybe someone who has done these trips can elaborate more

Edited by Lizard2010

last time to go mae sai was last november and this november i need to go again for 30 days extension , now i am on non o 90 days and september 60 days extension for have thai child , you think will be ok ?

most year i have non O and extension Thai child just use mai sai 1 time a year

Edited by thai006

CAN YOU HELP ME ON THE MAI SAI BORDER, IF YOU DO A ONE DAY INTO THE MARKET ON THE MYANMAR SIDE OF THE BORDER WHERE YOU DO NOT GAT A STAMP IN YOUR PASSPORT DO YOU NEED A REENTRY FOR YOUR VISA

Judging by the chaos at CM immigration it would be quicker and easier to do the border run and you wouldn't have to get up so early tongue.png

If you have 1 yr multiple entry, should be no problem...... least it wasn't a couple months ago.

Is no problem with multiple entry, i did mine 2 weeks ago, have lived Maesai past 20 years, tourists visas are not allowewd unless flight tickets out of country

This information is incorrect at Chiang Mai Imm. How do I know? I am on a non-imm multi "O" based on marriage (same as OP), I went to CM Imm about 5 months ago to get an extension and all they offered me was 7 days extension and told me to go to Mae Sai.

Went to Mae Sai, walked out and in and got the normal 90 days and have subsequently done the same again. No problem.

CAN YOU HELP ME ON THE MAI SAI BORDER, IF YOU DO A ONE DAY INTO THE MARKET ON THE MYANMAR SIDE OF THE BORDER WHERE YOU DO NOT GAT A STAMP IN YOUR PASSPORT DO YOU NEED A REENTRY FOR YOUR VISA

They will stamp you in and out of Myanmar on the Myanmar side, you then fill out another "arrival card" on coming back into Thailand.

If you keep going in and out of the country for visa Extensions

You can only do this for so long

You will be told when coming back or when you try to get another extension

You will have to apply for the Visa in the correct way

As many people go to Laos

A friend used to do these

Then was told no more

I am not sure on the Non O multiple entry 1 year Visa

He was lucky he could get this changed to the O Retirement Visa

Maybe someone who has done these trips can elaborate more

You are confusing the issue and discussing various visa's in the same posting.

Extensions and going in and out of the country are nothing to do with the OP's situation.

The OP has a Non Imm "O" Visa valid for 1 year to a set date in his passport, he can come and go as many times as he likes on his visa and every time he re-enters (within that 1 year validity) Thailand he will get a 90 day stamp.

The only requirement for this Visa is to do a "visa run" every 90 days.

He can also do another "visa run" on or before the end date on the visa in his passport, to get a last and final 90 days.

So in effect you get 1 year + 90 days = 15 months.

This information is incorrect at Chiang Mai Imm. How do I know? I am on a non-imm multi "O" based on marriage (same as OP), I went to CM Imm about 5 months ago to get an extension and all they offered me was 7 days extension and told me to go to Mae Sai.

Went to Mae Sai, walked out and in and got the normal 90 days and have subsequently done the same again. No problem.

The reason I mistakenly went to CM Imm is because I was so used to getting 30 day extensions on my triple entry tourist visa's, forgot all about it and due to the fact the last time I had a Non Imm "O" was when they used to give them out to anyone (didn't have to be based on marriage, kids etc etc)

HI Stoneyboy

Thanks for your reply.

JT65

"So my latest entry finishes on the 8th Sept.

So if i go to immigration on say the 6th and pay 1900bht they will give me another 60days?"

No they will not, they will give you 7 days for 1900bht.

Do a trip to Tachilek and you will get 90 days and you can keep going there every 90 days until your visa expires.