Immigration / police visiting foreginers houses

Did you do your extensions at Kap Choeng and did you get an "Under Consideration?"

My extensions were issued on the spot (as with everybody else on a retirement extension) - the under consideration for retirement extensions is a recent move by KCI.

Looking back this thread was started by a facebook link which is no longer available and we have no one in person here who has been issued an Under Consideration stamp for a retirement extension. Forgive me for being skeptical but I don't believe it.

If there was a person or persons here that we could ask some questions I'm sure the answer would become obvious.

I don't buy the hearsay evidence as I think is a good rule of thumb in Thailand because everyone has an angle they are playing.

Look at post 21. I was issued with an under consideration stamp on August 10!

Please don't think I doubt you but you have done a couple of things I have never done when applying for a retirement extension and I hope you don't mind if I ask you about them. 1. Did you take your wife with you to immigration and did she talk to the immigration officers? 2. What country is your embassy income statement from ? 3. Did you do it yourself or use a visa service and is it your first retirement extension of one of many?

My point being; why tell them you are married? If they don't know you are married there is no reason for a home visit.

Edited by lostoday

Please don't think I doubt you but you have done a couple of things I have never done when applying for a retirement extension and I hope you don't mind if I ask you about them. 1. Did you take your wife with you to immigration and did she talk to the immigration officers? 2. What country is your embassy income statement from ? 3. Did you do it yourself or use a visa service and is it your first retirement extension of one of many?

Looking back this thread was started by a facebook link which is no longer available and we have no one in person here who has been issued an Under Consideration stamp for a retirement extension. Forgive me for being skeptical but I don't believe it.

If there was a person or persons here that we could ask some questions I'm sure the answer would become obvious.

I don't buy the hearsay evidence as I think is a good rule of thumb in Thailand because everyone has an angle they are playing.

My point being; why tell them you are married? If they don't know you are married there is no reason for a home visit.

"Please don't think I doubt you but you have done a couple of things I have never done when applying for a retirement extension and I hope you don't mind if I ask you about them."

I would love to know what I have done that you have never done when applying for a retirement extension! At no time did I tell them I was married!

I have been here for more than 6 years now.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

Would love to know what things I have done that you have never done when applying for a retirement extension?

I have never used a visa service. I have never applied with my wife being present. I have never used an embassy referral method (I use cash in the bank). I have never offered proof of residence. Most times I have not supplied a phone number.

Edited by lostoday

OK, I will do this one more time for the avoidance of doubt.

Kap Choeng (KCI) are now putting (**all) retirement extensions "under consideration".

This has happened to a number of people and I have spoken to two who I know personally.

In the case of friend "a" he went to do his 13th retirement extension. He was advised that the application was "under consideration" for 30 days pending a visit to his home to confirm his bona fides. The meeting took place some 10 days later when 3 immigration officials visited his home. This was by arrangement and he was told to have the Poo Yai Ban + one other notable local present - both had to sign to say that they knew "a". He was asked a number of questions about his life in Thailand and they left happy.

They did say that they had been told they had to check on all Farangs in their area and suggested that the initiative resulted from international criticism of Thailand on human rights and trafficking.

My friend also said that he was aware of someone had moved 'up north' and they also went through the same rigmarole.

(**all).... I can't speak for "all", this was the wording my friend used.

• Like 1

OK, I will do this one more time for the avoidance of doubt.

Kap Choeng (KCI) are now putting (**all) retirement extensions "under consideration".

This has happened to a number of people and I have spoken to two who I know personally.

In the case of friend "a" he went to do his 13th retirement extension. He was advised that the application was "under consideration" for 30 days pending a visit to his home to confirm his bona fides. The meeting took place some 10 days later when 3 immigration officials visited his home. This was by arrangement and he was told to have the Poo Yai Ban + one other notable local present - both had to sign to say that they knew "a". He was asked a number of questions about his life in Thailand and they left happy.

They did say that they had been told they had to check on all Farangs in their area and suggested that the initiative resulted from international criticism of Thailand on human rights and trafficking.

My friend also said that he was aware of someone had moved 'up north' and they also went through the same rigmarole.

(**all).... I can't speak for "all", this was the wording my friend used.

Agree 100%. The reports out of KCI today are as stated above. Pick a number and wait your turn. The proctologist will be with you in 30 days.whistling.gif

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 2