Immigration / police visiting foreginers houses

Since the home visits are only done as a part of an extension based on marriage I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion?

Please refer me to the law, rule or guidance that states home visits only apply to foreigners who are married.

There are already at least two reports in this topic of visits to those on extensions based on retirement.

Immigration can visit whoever they want, whenever they want.

I reached the conclusion that some are just to lazy to notify a new address because there is no other reason, unless you don't have the funds and don't want to be found. I know both types.

Home visits reported on Thai Visa 999 for marriage extension 3 reported for retirement extension. Why would a home visit disclose a person not having funds? Are funds necessary after you apply for an extension? It has been stated numerous times on this thread that only one office requires home visits for anything other than a marriage extension Kap Choeng.

No Farang living in Thailand reports every time they leave home so Immigration visiting retired people in Thailand would serve no purpose because they don't have to tell immigration every time they leave home.

I don't know you are trying to push an agenda that home visits are part of the normal retirement extension process because they are not.

Are you really so naïve?

I don't understand why you think I'm naive. I been to immigration 50 times over a ten year period and never told them I was married and never had a home visit. I realize you must have a reason for pushing your ideas about immigration. I don't know what your reason is but if it leads to clarification and not rumor starting it's OK with me. I like the posters who relate personal experiences and not friend's experiences. I guess both can be valid - I just prefer to talk to the person who had the experience rather than a friend or someone told someone about.

Edited by lostoday
  • Like 1

"Immigration said to me and my wife that they were going to weed out,those farang that were not taking care of there wives ."

So when a Thai beats his wife, drink all day, use all the money for booze.......... . That is ok.....

Thainess..... we are not supposed to understand

wai2.gif

Ah but they dont need an extension of stay do they ?

And when they do it, Thainess also. 25 (YeeHa!)

Please refer me to the law, rule or guidance that states home visits only apply to foreigners who are married.

There are already at least two reports in this topic of visits to those on extensions based on retirement.

Immigration can visit whoever they want, whenever they want.

I reached the conclusion that some are just to lazy to notify a new address because there is no other reason, unless you don't have the funds and don't want to be found. I know both types.

Home visits reported on Thai Visa 999 for marriage extension 3 reported for retirement extension. Why would a home visit disclose a person not having funds? Are funds necessary after you apply for an extension? It has been stated numerous times on this thread that only one office requires home visits for anything other than a marriage extension Kap Choeng.

No Farang living in Thailand reports every time they leave home so Immigration visiting retired people in Thailand would serve no purpose because they don't have to tell immigration every time they leave home.

I don't know you are trying to push an agenda that home visits are part of the normal retirement extension process because they are not.

Are you really so naïve?

I don't understand why you think I'm naive. I been to immigration 50 times over a ten year period and never told them I was married and never had a home visit. I realize you must have a reason for pushing your ideas about immigration. I don't know what your reason is but if it leads to clarification and not rumor starting it's OK with me. I like the posters who relate personal experiences and not friend's experiences. I guess both can be valid - I just prefer to talk to the person who had the experience rather than a friend or someone told someone about.

Because you are under the false belief that Immigration will only carry out a home visit to foreigners married to a Thai.

I asked you to show me where it states that in writing......but you cannot, because no such rule exists.

Immigration have the right to visit anyone, regardless of Visa or extension for any number of reasons.

Now to another case of a home visit I'm aware of, regarding a foreigner who gets a multi entry Non Imm O from Savannakhet each year and has never been to his local Immigration office. In his case they wanted to confirm the address he had been entering on his TM6 was genuine. He was warned that each exit and re-entry was regarded as leaving and taking up residence again, so on each occasion he must submit a new TM30 to his local Immigration office.

You've already admitted to reading 3 reports of home visits to foreigners not on extensions of stay based on marriage.

How many more reports do you want to establish Immigration have the right to ask any foreigner for further information.

For what it's worth, I'm on an extension based on retirement, but if Immigration want to pay me a home visit to clarify some points of concern, they are welcome to do so. I am here legally, living at the registered address and have proof of funds to meet the requirements for the extension I was issued.

• Like 2

Are you really so naïve?

Because you are under the false belief that Immigration will only carry out a home visit to foreigners married to a Thai.

I asked you to show me where it states that in writing......but you cannot, because no such rule exists.

Immigration have the right to visit anyone, regardless of Visa or extension for any number of reasons.

Now to another case of a home visit I'm aware of, regarding a foreigner who gets a multi entry Non Imm O from Savannakhet each year and has never been to his local Immigration office. In his case they wanted to confirm the address he had been entering on his TM6 was genuine. He was warned that each exit and re-entry was regarded as leaving and taking up residence again, so on each occasion he must submit a new TM30 to his local Immigration office.

You've already admitted to reading 3 reports of home visits to foreigners not on extensions of stay based on marriage.

How many more reports do you want to establish Immigration have the right to ask any foreigner for further information.

For what it's worth, I'm on an extension based on retirement, but if Immigration want to pay me a home visit to clarify some points of concern, they are welcome to do so. I am here legally, living at the registered address and have proof of funds to meet the requirements for the extension I was issued.

I don't understand you. Do you run some kind of visa service? If so you would know there is no requirement for a home visit on the Thai immigration website for a home visit for a retirement extension. You are asking me to disprove a negative or "Russel's teapot" a common tactic but completely discredited. There is not law that requires a home visit for a retirement extension. You proposed the existence of such a requirement not I. Get it. You think home visits are mandated for retirement extensions not I. It is up to you to document your claim. 3 out of 10,000 is not a rule it is a rogue. Now you bring up TM 6 and TM 30 forms both of which have nothing to do with a retirement extension.

My only claim is that a home visit is not a requirement for a retirement extension it is the result of a rogue office or officer.

Edited by lostoday
  • Like 1

Immigration has the right to do anything and everything.

The difference today, is that they are now doing it, as opposed to before.

After the obligation to be reported from lodger, the boarder and immigration harassment and extortion, this does not smell nice.

• Like 1

Immigration has the right to do anything and everything.

The difference today, is that they are now doing it, as opposed to before.

After the obligation to be reported from lodger, the boarder and immigration harassment and extortion, this does not smell nice.

Please supply evidence of your stated claim. "Immigration has the right to do anything and everything".

I await your informed response.

Edited by tlcwaterfall

I don't understand you. Do you run some kind of visa service? If so you would know there is no requirement for a home visit on the Thai immigration website for a home visit for a retirement extension. You are asking me to disprove a negative or "Russel's teapot" a common tactic but completely discredited. There is not law that requires a home visit for a retirement extension. You proposed the existence of such a requirement not I. Get it. You think home visits are mandated for retirement extensions not I. It is up to you to document your claim. 3 out of 10,000 is not a rule it is a rogue. Now you bring up TM 6 and TM 30 forms both of which have nothing to do with a retirement extension.

My only claim is that a home visit is not a requirement for a retirement extension it is the result of a rogue office or officer.

No one, including Faz is claiming that it is a requirement or mandatory.

Try reading what is written and not what you want to read.

A couple of years ago there was no such thing as home visits for marriage extensions. Yet now there are and the law hasn't changed. It is very possible that immigration bosses have decided to start checking on some retirement extensions too. Or more to the point visit some applicants with any type of extension of stay.

IMO marriage extensions should not be singled out if the purpose is to crack down on fraudulent applicants or check addresses.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago there was no such thing as home visits for marriage extensions. Yet now there are and the law hasn't changed. It is very possible that immigration bosses have decided to start checking on some retirement extensions too. Or more to the point visit some applicants with any type of extension of stay.

Marriage extension

5 years ago in CM, I had a home visit from immigration for my marriage extension.

They wanted to ask her and my neighbors if we really were man and wife.

Retirement extension

Why would they visit, you have no requirement to interact with any Thai person in any way.

What would a home visit prove?

And as there is no requirement for you to speak any Thai (none of the 5 visiting me for my marriage extension spoke ANY English) what would they do?

Stand around chatting to each other with absolutely no input from you (no requirement for you to speak a word of Thai)?

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 2

No one, including Faz is claiming that it is a requirement or mandatory.

Try reading what is written and not what you want to read.

IMO marriage extensions should not be singled out if the purpose is to crack down on fraudulent applicants or check addresses.

My only claim is that a home visit is not a requirement for a retirement extension it is the result of a rogue office or officer. You could try reading too.

You wrote, "IMO marriage extensions should not be singled out if the purpose is to crack down on fraudulent applicants or check addresses."

Retirement extensions are checked by age (passport) and income (bank or embassy letter) Marriage extensions are checked by home visits.

Both extensions are checked in an appropriate manner. You can't check retirement status by home visit and you can't check marriage by bank or passport.

Address reports are a different issue and deserve a different thread. If you want the Thai Immigration department to check addresses of all Farang why not write them a letter.

Edited by lostoday
  • Like 2

In democracy you are innocent until proven guilty.

For Thai immigration, farangs are guilty until proven innocent

Truly scary.

Sensationalist. Please provide some facts to back up your assertion.

Not at all.

First of, in a democratic country, the police should be dealing with domestic abuse, not immigration.

This is not their job nor are they trained for it.

It just sounds like they are looking for excuse for harassing people.

Then in a democratic country, police cannot come and barge in your house and accuse you of mistreatment or domestic abuses based only hearsay.

Even when police have a strong case against someone, for domestic abuse they don't just barge in,they request you to come to the police station for interview. They would also start an inquiry before and also they would need a police order requesting forced entry to your house.

Truly scary.

Not at all.

First of, in a democratic country, the police should be dealing with domestic abuse, not immigration.

Then in a democratic country, police cannot come and barge in your house and accuse you of mistreatment or domestic abuses based only hearsay.

Even when police have a strong case against someone, for domestic abuse they don't just barge in,they request you to come to the police station for interview. They would also start an inquiry before and also they would need a police order requesting forced entry to your house.

So no facts to back up your assertions? Can you please give me some links to these events actually happening?

Edited by tlcwaterfall

Marriage extension

5 years ago in CM, I had a home visit from immigration for my marriage extension.

Retirement extension

Why would they visit, you have no requirement to interact with any Thai person in any way.

And as there is no requirement for you to speak any Thai (none of the 5 visiting me for my marriage extension spoke ANY English) what would they do?

Stand around chatting to each other with absolutely no input from you (no requirement for you to speak a word of Thai)?

With retirement extension, well they can do a visit just to check that you live there, regarding anything else bang out of order in my view.

Marriage extension

Retirement extension

With retirement extension, well they can do a visit just to check that you live there, regarding anything else bang out of order in my view.

Could I get a retirement extension (and re entry permit) and the next day leave Thailand stay gone for 11 months and 20 days come back and get another retirement extension? I think I could because my retirement extension has nothing to do with where I live as long as I'm old enough and have money in the bank right? Thereby proving without a doubt that a home visit is absolutely not necessary for a retirement extension. wai2.gif

Edited by lostoday
  • Like 1

Marriage extension

Retirement extension

I wrote that in haste on my way out the door! To clarify, I meant that there wasn't an active campaign to do visits in the way there is now.

The reason for home visits have been pointed out and discussed to death already. Interaction with Thais is irrelevant.

I'm married but as I've just turned 50 I could now qualify for a retirement extension. I choose to stick with marriage because it ties up less money. In fact none as my office don't insist on 2 months because I have a child. But if immigration only check marriage extensions and I had something to hide I could switch to retirement and dodge a visit.

The primary reason given by immigration for current the campaign of increased random home visits was due to fake marriages. In other words fraud. My point, way back in this thread, was that IF fraud is the reason, or one of the reasons, it shouldn't apply just to marriage extensions as theres an army of guys in this country with fraudulently acquired retirement and other extensions. No I can't prove it. But having been here 19 years I've met plenty of people that use these services and there existence is common knowledge.

Home visits can help to clarify an address, a marriage and if asked to provide original documents it can prove the documents weren't fake. There is currently focus is on marriage and ED extensions. Why only them?

If I'm honest it grates me that having lived here so long, in a place I consider my home, married, with a dependant child, business owner and employer that I'm expected to jump through so many hoops and get checked up on when someone over 50 can be given an extension of stay within 3 months of arriving in the country and is left alone. And even more grating is knowing guys are out there with fraudulent obtained extensions being left alone. And yes I know I can switch to retirement extension and avoid the enhanced checks but thats beside the point and shouldn't be necessary.

• Like 1

Marriage extension

Retirement extension

I wrote that in haste on my way out the door! To clarify, I meant that there wasn't an active campaign to do visits in the way there is now.

The reason for home visits have been pointed out and discussed to death already. Interaction with Thais is irrelevant.

I'm married but as I've just turned 50 I could now qualify for a retirement extension. I choose to stick with marriage because it ties up less money. In fact none as my office don't insist on 2 months because I have a child. But if immigration only check marriage extensions and I had something to hide I could switch to retirement and dodge a visit.

The primary reason given by immigration for current the campaign of increased random home visits was due to fake marriages. In other words fraud. My point, way back in this thread, was that IF fraud is the reason, or one of the reasons, it shouldn't apply just to marriage extensions as theres an army of guys in this country with fraudulently acquired retirement and other extensions. No I can't prove it. But having been here 19 years I've met plenty of people that use these services and there existence is common knowledge.

Home visits can help to clarify an address, a marriage and if asked to provide original documents it can prove the documents weren't fake. There is currently focus is on marriage and ED extensions. Why only them?

If I'm honest it grates me that having lived here so long, in a place I consider my home, married, with a dependant child, business owner and employer that I'm expected to jump through so many hoops and get checked up on when someone over 50 can be given an extension of stay within 3 months of arriving in the country and is left alone. And even more grating is knowing guys are out there with fraudulent obtained extensions being left alone. And yes I know I can switch to retirement extension and avoid the enhanced checks but thats beside the point and shouldn't be necessary.

It is a simple answer. They want old retired guys not young married guys. Why? That answer is simple too.

It is a simple answer. They want old retired guys not young married guys. Why? That answer is simple too.

Maybe you're right.

But 50 isn't old. If they truly want retirees then they should only let in the 60+'s. That have genuine retirement income or a hell of a lot more money than 800k.

• Like 1

Truly scary.

Not at all.

So no facts to back up your assertions? Can you please give me some links to these events actually happening?

It's not any event.

It's the LAW.

Domestic violence in the UK for example,but also in any democracy,is never handled by immigration services.

The police needs a court order to enter a private property; It's the LAW.

The police cannot just questions you just because of hear say, it's the LAW.

• Like 1

Maybe you're right.

But 50 isn't old. If they truly want retirees then they should only let in the 60+'s. That have genuine retirement income or a hell of a lot more money than 800k.

Why 800K is a lot more than the typical English teacher brings into the country in new money? Young guy, money goes out of Thailand old guy money comes into Thailand. 800k is a lot better than a negative cash flow. Plus that 800k is new money so there is a multiplier effect of 5 to 10 times depending on who you listen to. So multiply that 800k times 10 for the real value of every added old guy.

It's not any event.

Not at all.

It's the LAW.

Domestic violence in the UK for example,but also in any democracy,is never handled by immigration services.

Why are you quoting the law from the Uk? We are talking about Thailand in this thread.

• Like 1

Maybe you're right.

Why 800K is a lot more than the typical English teacher brings into the country in new money? Young guy, money goes out of Thailand old guy money comes into Thailand. 800k is a lot better than a negative cash flow. Plus that 800k is new money so there is a multiplier effect of 5 to 10 times depending on who you listen to. So multiply that 800k times 10 for the real value of every added old guy.

Ok you win. thumbsup.gif

It's not any event.

Not at all.

It's the LAW.

Why are you quoting the law from the Uk? We are talking about Thailand in this thread.

In the UK the Border Force just harrass people in their homes or place of work with no more than a "suspiscian " that they might be illegals. Guilty intil proven innocent in the UK and that includes being arrested and detained until the correct paperwork can be produced .

There was another post 2 days ago referring to Kap Choeng immigration and foreigner registration. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847831-immigration-registration-for-all/

The poster in that topic said immigration told him "They are currently seeking a european on serious charges who is believed to be in my neck of the woods".

If they know who it is why do we all get put under scrutiny,or do we all look the same to them.

There was another post 2 days ago referring to Kap Choeng immigration and foreigner registration. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847831-immigration-registration-for-all/

The poster in that topic said immigration told him "They are currently seeking a european on serious charges who is believed to be in my neck of the woods".

If they know who it is why do we all get put under scrutiny,or do we all look the same to them.

Someone may be harbouring the fugative ?

There has never been a shortage of flaky farangs here in Thailand.

Usually it is the same ones who complain about all oof the corruption here in Thailand that are dishonest about their immigration status, proof of income and the like.

I am pleased that they have cracked down on the abuse of ED visas, overstays and never ending back to back Tourist visas.

If they suspect spousal abuse, they should be looking into it!

I know of farangs who are only married to a Thai as a way to live in Thailand and they do physically and mentally abuse their Thai wives.

I support anything immigration can do to stop these jerks.

These flaky farangs do make life more difficult for those who do follow the rules.

I say, weed them out and kick them and send them away.

The immigration officers I deal with have always declined to visit my home.

Once they told me that if I provided a photo of the Village headman and a short letter from him stating that I did live there with my wife, they could avoid the trip they really did not want to make.

The officers at my immigration officers have always been very nice and helpful to me.

If they ever did show up at my home, I am sure I would try to convince them to stay for dinner.

If there is spouse abuse going on,surly that is a police matter and we know how far that will go.While not condoning spouse abuse,who takes care of the wife and maybe kids when hubby is deported.The missus would not be happy being broke.I prefer the Thai way.

Try this one for size.....

Farang, been coming here for years, stays under a retirement extension.

Retirement extension expires on 27th August and he returns to his home country on 29th August (for 3 months).

Not a problem...... normally. BUT, if they want to put him "under consideration" he is likely buggered.

My advice is bowl over to Kap Choeng Immigration and put his situation to them. I would be interested to see if others have better advice.

NB: Can't take his wife with him as she, and their child, are in his home country!

Retirement extension expires on 27th August and he returns to his home country on 29th August (for 3 months).

Not a problem...... normally. BUT, if they want to put him "under consideration" he is likely buggered.

My advice is bowl over to Kap Choeng Immigration and put his situation to them. I would be interested to see if others have better advice.

NB: Can't take his wife with him as she, and their child, are in his home country!

That's a good question. I wonder what percent of the retirement extensions at Kap Choeng are put, "Under Consideration."

Since the object of this thread is to emphasize the negative (Under Consideration) I doubt if we would get a straight answer to the actual percent that are done in the normal way. Of course, I could be wrong.smile.png

So my question is has anyone received a retirement extension on the same or next day from Kap Choeng?

That's a good question. I wonder what percent of the retirement extensions at Kap Choeng are put, "Under Consideration."

Since the object of this thread is to emphasize the negative (Under Consideration) I doubt if we would get a straight answer to the actual percent that are done in the normal way. Of course, I could be wrong.smile.png

So my question is has anyone received a retirement extension on the same or next day from Kap Choeng?

Kwaibah is the best person to answer that - but I am aware of some retirement extensions being done normally.

The question arises from a small town in Buriram province where the last four retirement extensions were al put under consideration.

Kwaibah is the best person to answer that - but I am aware of some retirement extensions being done normally.

The question arises from a small town in Buriram province where the last four retirement extensions were al put under consideration.

Your last four retirement extensions were put under consideration?