AMAZING STEAKS, SAUSAGES, BACON & MORE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THAILAND.

PassionDelivery

Yes your logistics needs looking at! I get a well packed styrene box abt 60cm x 40cm x 30cm with some 20 kg of goods, packed in dry ice, delivered overnight from BKK to the rice paddies of Isaan for 260 Baht. Quality products for about 60% the price your quoting. Many members here will know the company I'm talking about, already been mentioned.

In saying that I'm looking forward to feed back re small goods and pastries (pies etc.). Can always use a change.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can import bacon from Norway. 1st class much cheaper. Very expensive everything on this menu, but if you are hi-class, maybe its ok. I will stay with the excellent Thai chicken and pork. I can buy Norwegian Salmon and Mackerel in Makro. Mackerel 89 thb a kilo. Fresh Salmon 280 bath per kilo.

No body asked you to buy anything and everyone on here knows where to buy local produce.

Rather than spout off about the price,why not congratulate the people running this operation and wish them luck for the future.

I take my hat off to anyone attempting to operate any sort or business venture here especially one which has the odds stacked firmly against it due over taxation of goods that most natives wouldn't give a second glance to.

A fantastic opportunity for people in remoter parts of the nation to indulge in a little bit of the taste of home.

One of the reasons we have started offering our nationwide PassionBox delivery service is because many people who live outside of Bangkok asked if we could deliver to them, as they missed good quality food which they cannot easily get where they live. As well as offering good quality meat, sausages etc at reasonable prices, we also offer products that are exclusively available on PassionDelivery e.g. crumpets (English muffins) which are extremely popular and we send them out all over Thailand.

Whilst we are not the cheapest in the market (you will always be able to find cheaper at Makro), we do believe that our quality vs price proposition is the best out there and we have spent a great deal of time to test and compare products to ensure this is the case. I would invite you to try our service and see for yourself. Our UK bacon for example is simply delicious and has no artificial additives in at all.

I would like to thank all the ThaiVisa customers who ordered a PassionBox yesterday. Your orders will be sent out shortly to Hua Hin, Pattaya, Chiang Rai, Surin, Phuket and Hat Yai.

Enjoy the goods!

For those that are interested in trying out our service, simply click this link and browse all the delicious food available to you ... http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/passionbox-dry-delivered-nationwide

I was actually considering ordering some steaks and ground beef from them until I saw their delivery prices. I was heartened by this sentence on their website:

We try hard to keep our delivery charges down and only charge what it costs us to send

That's a good sign I thought. So how much for delivery you may ask? 590 baht!!!!

I have just one thing to say. TRY HARDER, because you've failed. A box is under 10 baht. Dry ice is no more than 20 baht (buy a machine on eBay). A motorcycle to the Thai Post is 30 baht. And EMS delivery fees anywhere in Thailand for 1 kg are on the order of 100 baht. If 590 baht is really your cost, I suggest you find yourself a new logistics service.

Anyway, while I was almost willing to pay the high prices for a good quality steak, I am not willing to pay way over the odds for delivery. Sorry PassionBox, you lost a potential sale. I would recommend you reconsider your distribution model.

Thanks for your email and valuable feedback.

I think a clear breakdown of the charges to us will make things clear for everyone.

Dry ice x 5 kgs = 150 baht.

Dry ice company delivery charge = 50 baht.

Cardboard box = 40 baht

Foam box = 50 baht

Cost to send to the logistics depot 8.5km away from our office = 100 baht

Logistics company delivery fee = 170 - 250 baht depending on the size and weight of the box.

You can see that this already adds up to around 590 baht. Sometimes it will be a few baht less and sometimes a few baht more.

I hope this clarifies.

Warning... if you do order any of our steaks, especially our dry aged beef (tomahawk, tenderloin, ribeye, striploin) you will be addicted to them.... the prices vs quality / taste is simply unbeatable

OP if you have any decent Boerewors i will take a few kgs off you

Hi.

Good news. We have now added Sloane's boerewors to our website and you can order it here.

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sausages-bacon-ham/products/sloanes-boerewors-500g

We also have 2 other new sausages from Sloane's, maple & bacon, and bratwurst. Click here for more details (8th row down):

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/passionbox-dry-delivered-nationwide

good luck with your new business. make sure you get Visa card access up and running as most people are not going to do PayPal or bank transfer. make that a high priority.

looks good for people living without a Villa Market in their area.

You don't take credit cards?

Hi. We are working on getting a credit card payment option up and running soon.

In the meantime you can pay by PayPal no problem. After you place your order we will confirm the total amount and then send you a PayPal request by email.

I'm a stupid old man, don't have PayPal.

I can import bacon from Norway. 1st class much cheaper. Very expensive everything on this menu, but if you are hi-class, maybe its ok. I will stay with the excellent Thai chicken and pork. I can buy Norwegian Salmon and Mackerel in Makro. Mackerel 89 thb a kilo. Fresh Salmon 280 bath per kilo.

No body asked you to buy anything and everyone on here knows where to buy local produce.

Rather than spout off about the price,why not congratulate the people running this operation and wish them luck for the future.

I take my hat off to anyone attempting to operate any sort or business venture here especially one which has the odds stacked firmly against it due over taxation of goods that most natives wouldn't give a second glance to.

A fantastic opportunity for people in remoter parts of the nation to indulge in a little bit of the taste of home.

There are a couple of guys in Buriram who have been offering this kind of service successfully for quite a few years now. I believe they deliver to many places around Thailand. Good luck to the OP but it is hardly a new thing

Agreed there are several options like Korat Chef,sausage king,bunters etc etc.

I've tried most of them hardly new I agree but this venture looks like a much more professional job than some other options available.

There are a couple of guys in Buriram who have been offering this kind of service successfully for quite a few years now. I believe they deliver to many places around Thailand. Good luck to the OP but it is hardly a new thing
I really do think you are missing the point. This isn't about sausages and bacon from the Buriram Pie man or Yorkies in Pattaya.

Firstly they offer a whole lot more than pies and sausage and secondly the give away is in the name, Passion to me and the OP may disagree, this isn't a day to day food delivery service, this is for people who are passionate about quality food.

I really do think you are missing the point. This isn't about sausages and bacon from the Buriram Pie man or Yorkies in Pattaya.

Firstly they offer a whole lot more than pies and sausage and secondly the give away is in the name, Passion to me and the OP may disagree, this isn't a day to day food delivery service, this is for people who are passionate about quality food.

I and many of my friends have ever had a problem with the quality of the vast selection of our current supplier. Top class and fantastic value.

The one thing I miss is good English Stilton cheese I have never seen any in Thailand, I have only seen the creamy blue cheese .... A nice port and Stilton is heaven.

Sloanes as mentioned by the OP have a very nice blue cheese, different to Stilton, as the texture is more like Cheddar but the taste to me is just like a good mature Stilton.

I and many of my friends have ever had a problem with the quality of the vast selection of our current supplier. Top class and fantastic value.

Each to their own tastes.............

The negativity within this topic is ridiculous. Either buy it or shut up. blink.png

To think I was going to open a topic on marmite and tripe!! coffee1.gif

The problem is those who can afford it are in favour and those that can not are naturally going to be against it and envious,it's human nature.

Why the extra 5 % for PayPal ?

PayPal do not charge you 5% commission fee

When we receive payment by PayPal the amount is always about 5% less than the amount the person wires to us. Do you know of a way that we can avoid these fees?

You are in breach of Paypal user agreement and could be reported !!

A Merchant or Seller cannot pass on the transaction processing fees to their customers - this is called a Surcharge and is "clearly" addressed in the User Agreement. However, the Merchant or Seller can apply a "handling" fee to cover additional costs such as shipping/packaging materials and/or labor. The Merchant or Seller should have there policies explained on there web site for any additional costs incurred by the customer.

If you peruse thought the User Agreement - simply search on the word "surcharge" you will find that PayPal's Policies are quite straight forward. You may want to first contact the Merchant or Seller concerning their practice, should they not be in tune with what you're explaining, your next step would be to let the Merchant or Seller know that you will be contacting PayPal's Customer Support to report their violation of the User Agreement.

Edited by RolandRat

Why the extra 5 % for PayPal ?

PayPal do not charge you 5% commission fee

When we receive payment by PayPal the amount is always about 5% less than the amount the person wires to us. Do you know of a way that we can avoid these fees?

You are in breach of Paypal user agreement and could be reported !!

A Merchant or Seller cannot pass on the transaction processing fees to their customers - this is called a Surcharge and is "clearly" addressed in the User Agreement. However, the Merchant or Seller can apply a "handling" fee to cover additional costs such as shipping/packaging materials and/or labor. The Merchant or Seller should have there policies explained on there web site for any additional costs incurred by the customer.

If you peruse thought the User Agreement - simply search on the word "surcharge" you will find that PayPal's Policies are quite straight forward. You may want to first contact the Merchant or Seller concerning their practice, should they not be in tune with what you're explaining, your next step would be to let the Merchant or Seller know that you will be contacting PayPal's Customer Support to report their violation of the User Agreement.

But it is common, I often have to pay a surcharge for Paypal or Creditcards

Being "common" does not make it right nor allowed under the Paypal user agreement. If reported a Paypal customer can have the money refunded and the Merchant can have their account locked/suspended.

3.4 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

If a business needs/wants to cover these fee's they should be incorporated into overall running/processing costs incurred in any business and reflected in the selling price. (as costs) but not "charged" as extra's.

Edited by RolandRat

Being "common" does not make it right nor allowed under the Paypal user agreement. If reported a Paypal customer can have the money refunded and the Merchant can have their account locked/suspended.

3.4 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Obviously Paypal doesn't care as it is common and the companies do it since many years. What is a user agreement worth if it is not enforced?

Obviously Paypal doesn't care as it is common and the companies do it since many years. What is a user agreement worth if it is not enforced?

What is ANY law etc if it isnt enforced. As for them "not caring", well yes they probably employ lawyers and right these agreements purely for something to do.....cheesy.gif

Not quite so dismissive if your business account gets locked for 6 months including access to funds therin for breach of policy though eh.

11.7 Acceptable Use Policy Violations. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then in addition to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You agree that $2,500.00 USD (or equivalent) per transaction in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in the offending Account, or any other Account you control.

Edited by RolandRat

Passionbox is an excellent idea in the wrong country.

The percentage of consumers in Thailand that can afford your products on a regular basis must be very, very limited.

Might try supplying high end hotel/restaurants as an idea